West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

bit more info http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/31/ravel-morrison-accused-assault-west-ham

so a 21 year old has a few, gets dumped or maybe see's his ex with someone else or he /she loses it slaps her then turns up at her gaff

and remanded in custody for slapping his ex and mother in law,,, hmmmm sounds a bit O T T 2 me

<deleted> stupid but hardly career ending stuff.

Not followed his "career" much have you!wink.png

• Like 2

bit more info http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/31/ravel-morrison-accused-assault-west-ham

so a 21 year old has a few, gets dumped or maybe see's his ex with someone else or he /she loses it slaps her then turns up at her gaff

and remanded in custody for slapping his ex and mother in law,,, hmmmm sounds a bit O T T 2 me

stupid but hardly career ending stuff.

He sounds like a low life thug to me.

What him or his ex?

Probably both. Birds of a feather.

Not followed his "career" much have you!wink.png
ive watched him on the pitch, tbh if u hadnt posted it I wouldnt have read about it. My interest in what any 21 year old footballer does in his spare time holds absolutly zero interest to me.

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/20758/can-anyone-unravel-morrison-mystery/

Regarded as one of the finest psychologists of all time, the renowned American clinician Carl Rogers was at the forefront of the ground-breaking psychotherapy research that he called “humanistic approach”.

Rogers’ hugely influential theory is known as the “nineteen propositions”, the first point of which says that “all individuals exist in a continually changing world of experience of which they are the center”.

Some might say “I told you so” while some will probably screw up their face in a way that suggests the news was always coming but the disappointment remains nonetheless.

Last Sunday, Greater Manchester Police arrested the West Ham United player Ravel Morrison on suspicion of punching and slapping his ex-girlfriend and her mother. He has been remanded in custody, having been refused bail, and will appear in court on 7 August.

There has always been a feeling within the game that trouble was only ever a late night away for Morrison but, for many who don’t know him, that view was largely down to the result of one thing – the sale of the midfielder in 2012 by the then Manchester United manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, to West Ham for £650,000.

Lauded as a player of precocious talent from a very early age, Morrison had been seen as the real deal.

He’s played for England at every age level and his early form for West Ham had many people tipping him for a shock World Cup call-up when the England manager Roy Hodgson announced that his squad would have a youthful look to it.

There have been glimpses of the talent that Fergie alluded to

And, indeed, there have been glimpses of the talent that Fergie alluded to. West Ham fans still like to remind me of their 3-0 victory over Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane last season, during which Morrison put on a virtual one-man show and scored a quite brilliant solo goal in the second half.

But something went wrong. Rumours circulated that West Ham manager Sam Allardyce had wanted his starlet to partner with his agent, Mark Curtis – something that the player refused to do.

Others pointed to the style of football employed by Allardyce and speculated that an individual talent such as Morrison was ill suited to a team that functions only because it is more than the sum of its parts.

Whatever the reason for the fall out – personally, I’d lay money that the dispute was because Morrison refused to sign with Curtis – West Ham decided to loan Morrison to the Championship side, Queens Park Rangers, where he made 15 appearances as QPR won the Championship play-off final.

Then came a bizarre turn of events at West Ham.

Allardyce told the world that Morrison was not part of his plans and that he could go, only for West Ham co-owner David Sullivan to issue a statement claiming that, in fact, the board saw the player as the future of the club and that he’d be going nowhere.

It will be interesting to see if that statement resonates with Morrison for the right reasons or if, as I predict will happen, it becomes the mantra for a safety net that ultimately means he turns up to training even less than he does now.

Morrison is what is commonly referred to in the game as a ‘bomb scare’

I say that because Morrison is what is commonly referred to in the game as a “bomb scare”. Or, a “speedboat without a driver”; or, as the West Ham player who I spoke to on Thursday night put it, “a nugget”.

Sir Alex, for his part, doesn’t often get it wrong. Shortly before the sale of Morrison to West Ham, Ferguson was reported as having said to Allardyce in a phone call: “A brilliant footballer, brilliant ability, top-class ability, needs to get away from Manchester and start a new life”.

In other words, Morrison was surrounded by bad influences, demons and unsavoury people in Manchester. There was simply too much baggage for him to deal with and he couldn’t play his football in a way that a young man needs to be able to play his football. Namely with a clear head and no distractions.

Not for the first time where a young, talented player is in danger of throwing it all away, it appears that Fergie knows his apples.

Between the ages of 15 and 18, Morrison was arrested three times for assault, twice for incidents involving his former girlfriend Reah Dixon and once for an incident involving his mother. In 2011, he was ordered to attend domestic violence counselling.

A previous charge involving Dixon was dropped when she refused to testify as a witness. At the time, Morrison was already under a referral order for two counts of intimidating a witness after phoning the victim of a knifepoint robbery that two of his friends had committed and saying: “You don’t know what I’m capable of”.

He and two others appeared in the victim’s front garden early one morning and, after being chased off, returned with a mob of 20 people, at which point the police were called. Both of Morrison’s friends were eventually convicted of the mugging.

The 19th and final point in Carl Rogers’ seminal work reads: “As the individual perceives and accepts into his self structure more of his organic experiences, he finds that he is replacing his present value system – based extensively on introjections which have been distortedly symbolized – with a continuing organismic valuing process.”

As time goes on, a person reshapes his view of himself

In other words, as time goes on, a person reshapes his view of himself to include new experiences that, in turn, create a unique set of values that the person carries with him.

Where some people are concerned, that is a very scary thought.

Read more at http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/20758/can-anyone-unravel-morrison-mystery/#XBkmkxzvacDohVkH.99

• Like 1

perhaps being held in remand will be enough to remind him of what a privilged life style he stands to lose but maybe not without alot of help if rogers was right, or if not and u want 2 keep it simple and maybe short term after all its football.maybe fergies way ie just needs to move on from manchester and not return ,ari went on record as saying , he didnt give him a moments problem.

who knows.,,,, .

Sounds to me like you might have to do without him for longer than you thought....

A Premier League footballer threatened to blow up the house of his ex-girlfriend during a four-year campaign of harassment, a court heard.

England under-21 player Ravel Morrison was also accused of threatening to throw acid in the face of 19-year-old Reah Mansoor and to have her killed.

The former Manchester United midfielder appeared at Manchester Crown Court at a preliminary hearing at which the charges were laid out.

The 21-year-old, who has played for Queens Park Rangers and now plays for West Ham, was initially arrested and charged with two counts of common assault.

His arrest came after he allegedly punched and slapped Miss Mansoor and her mother Parveen Mansoor, 39 in the early hours of July 27 in Salford.

As well as the assault charges, he was also charged with causing his ex-girlfriend to fear violence would be used against her during the period January 1, 2010, to July 20 this year.

morrison-west-ham-1-522x293.jpgRavel Morrison currently plays for West Ham United

The charge alleges he threatened to throw acid in her face, blow up her house and have her killed and that he made other threats of violence.

Morrison spoke only to confirm his name, age and address.

http://news.sky.com/story/1314713/top-footballer-threatened-to-kill-girlfriend

Sounds to me like you might have to do without him for longer than you thought....

A Premier League footballer threatened to blow up the house of his ex-girlfriend during a four-year campaign of harassment, a court heard.

England under-21 player Ravel Morrison was also accused of threatening to throw acid in the face of 19-year-old Reah Mansoor and to have her killed.

The former Manchester United midfielder appeared at Manchester Crown Court at a preliminary hearing at which the charges were laid out.

The 21-year-old, who has played for Queens Park Rangers and now plays for West Ham, was initially arrested and charged with two counts of common assault.

His arrest came after he allegedly punched and slapped Miss Mansoor and her mother Parveen Mansoor, 39 in the early hours of July 27 in Salford.

As well as the assault charges, he was also charged with causing his ex-girlfriend to fear violence would be used against her during the period January 1, 2010, to July 20 this year.

morrison-west-ham-1-522x293.jpgRavel Morrison currently plays for West Ham United

The charge alleges he threatened to throw acid in her face, blow up her house and have her killed and that he made other threats of violence.

Seems like a nice fella !

just a slightly diferent take , after we wili brought this morrison iasue up, read wiki and saw he was brought up bu his grand parents, this aint 100% but generally means they stepped in to stop the kid from going into care so great start, so really it aint terribly surprising he's got issues, not an excuse. But defo looks fergie was right get away from manchester and start a new life, sounded a bit dodgy big sam insisting on a new agent perhaps the new one offered 24 7 `care`out of 5000 ish £ a week , the agents 10 % cut it should/could be do able. who knows.but people judging him should perhaps look to themselves and b thankful for what they've had and perhaps cast an eye over what hes acheived from a pisspoor start, lets hope the lad settles down and can produce some more little bits of magic like the ones at the lane thats unfortunatly sadly missing from english footballers at prem level.

just a slightly diferent take , after we wili brought this morrison iasue up, read wiki and saw he was brought up bu his grand parents, this aint 100% but generally means they stepped in to stop the kid from going into care so great start, so really it aint terribly surprising he's got issues, not an excuse. But defo looks fergie was right get away from manchester and start a new life, sounded a bit dodgy big sam insisting on a new agent perhaps the new one offered 24 7 `care`out of 5000 ish £ a week , the agents 10 % cut it should/could be do able. who knows.but people judging him should perhaps look to themselves and b thankful for what they've had and perhaps cast an eye over what hes acheived from a pisspoor start, lets hope the lad settles down and can produce some more little bits of magic like the ones at the lane thats unfortunatly sadly missing from english footballers at prem level.

What he's achieved??

He's lucky he can kick a football else he'd probably be in the nick right now!

• Like 1

What he's achieved??

He's lucky he can kick a football else he'd probably be in the nick right now!

maybe, but thats the v negative way of looking at it or you could say he's put his nose to the grindstone, got to the top of his treee in an attempt to get himself out of, probaby, a v poor situation. as 4 acheiving nothing ,,, really ,,,, how many scally ish talented.footballers did.u know or know of in ure yoof ? , many of them play in prem and for their country ? ,,,,,,,,thought so.

He was in trouble on several occasions while he was with Manchester United.I remember the club going to great lengths to ensure he had adequate legal representation while he was going through the court processes and I guess they final gave up on him. It would appear that he will get time for this latest incident,

He's been living the life that many young men would dream of and blown it.

• Like 2

He was in trouble on several occasions while he was with Manchester United.I remember the club going to great lengths to ensure he had adequate legal representation while he was going through the court processes and I guess they final gave up on him. It would appear that he will get time for this latest incident,

He's been living the life that many young men would dream of and blown it.

'Great lengths 'clap2.gif a multi million £ asset and they,,,,,,, went to 'great lengths' ,really..... football and its fans never cease to amaze me clap2.gif

so he's gonna blow up her house cheesy.gif then he's gonna kill her clap2.gif but first he's gonna throw acid in her face, coffee1.gif

really,,, sounds more like a spoilt brat, not getting his own way? , who could do with his father putting him right,,,or if needed a slap, oh hold on

he aint got one so I know lets put him in jail,, good idea folks clap2.gif nah best he takes fergies advise and just gets the f out of the n/ east

so he's gonna blow up her house cheesy.gif then he's gonna kill her clap2.gif but first he's gonna throw acid in her face, coffee1.gif

really,,, sounds more like a spoilt brat, not getting his own way? , who could do with his father putting him right,,,or if needed a slap, oh hold on

he aint got one so I know lets put him in jail,, good idea folks clap2.gif nah best he takes fergies advise and just gets the f out of the n/ east

Looks like Morrison ain't the only one who needs a dose of reality. crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

• Like 1

n/east???? Geography not one of your strong points eh?...neither is spellingbiggrin.png

Looks like Morrison ain't the only one who needs a dose of reality. crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

And which 'reality' are you talking about? , pre judging people on a report in the daily mail or sky newsclap2.gif

Edited by rijit

n/east???? Geography not one of your strong points eh?...neither is spellingbiggrin.png

yeah bit unkind on the north east thatbiggrin.png .

Sorry Rij but threatening to throw acid in a girls face and punching her mum is rather more than behaving like a spoilt brat!!

Prison would be a waste. Wannabe bullies like this get a kicking in prison and start crying at the tax payers expense. No, non productive imho. First he needs flogging. I would then put him in a chain gang (and since he is so keen to waste his God given talent that others would give their right arm for, might i remind you), and put his fit young body to good use doing work in the community.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

Fkin ell rij I will wait for the verdict of the judge then we'll see what you have to say about it....that fair enough for ya?

yeah reasoned all others pre judging on ' a charge ' should really examine their own values.

Edited by rijit

Fkin ell rij I will wait for the verdict of the judge then we'll see what you have to say about it....that fair enough for ya?

yeah reasoned all others pre judging on ' a charge ' should really examine their own values.

I thought we'd taken it as a given it was a case of IF he is found guilty. Ofcourse no one will dispute the possibility that it was all made up.

Sheffield Utd in the Capital One cup.. The one we've waited for for 7 years. Get ready to feel the hate.

Why? You cheated.

How?

You know damned well how, and that's why you had to give the Blades some 25 million.

Sheffield Utd in the Capital One cup.. The one we've waited for for 7 years. Get ready to feel the hate.

Why? You cheated.

How?

You know damned well how, and that's why you had to give the Blades some 25 million.

No I want to hear your side as you think you know so much.