West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

Reckon we could nick a point off you tomorrow.....4 games undefeated now.

PS.... thanks for doing Boro!!

It's been a strange season with so many players coming in and out of the side but doing well despite many being played out of position. As for this game- if Dean Ashton can keep his paws away from the mince pies and brandy- we should knock in a goal or two. We looked pretty comfortable against Boro but we are a different side away. However it's about time we turned it around at home but like a box of foreign chocolates you never know what you're going to get with the Hammers. Seasons greetings to all and Come on you Irons!!! :D

Was it just my dodgy mince pies or had Dean Ashton put on weight from the Boro to Reading games, he looked completely off the pace yesterday.

Parker was the only postive to take out of the game, trying to think when was the last time West Ham performed well on Boxing day ??

Anyone fancy a result Saturday ?? Tevez to score an own-goal ?? :D

Dean Ashton has been looking chubbier each game so by May he should look like the Michelin man. He might be porking his way through the season because he's depressed about losing his hair in his early 20's. :o As for Reading I thought they looked half-useful but our lack of pace made it easy for them to close down everywhere. As for the game tomorrow It could favour us because Man Yoo will commit players forward and we'll have more space than against the biscuitmen. I have a feeling Freddie Lampberg might grab a goal, he's been looking a bit better, as each game has gone by, and it might happen. I would like to see him play up front with Carlton Cole with Ashton on the bench Happy with Mullins and Parker in the centre, though I know Hayden Mullins isn't liked by a few Hammers, he is nevertheless, a good solid player. Noble can come on later. As for Tevez, he'll probably get a good reception untill he scores :D . Anyway Come on you Irons I feel an improvement at home, is long , long overdue.

:D

Looking forward to tonights game guys. Think it will be pretty entertaining. Obviously I'm hoping for a Man Utd win, but West Ham is a little bit of a bogey ground, we've come unstuck there a few times over the years.

Anyway, here's to the final game of 2007, and hoping it's a good one. :o

Looking forward to tonights game guys. Think it will be pretty entertaining. Obviously I'm hoping for a Man Utd win, but West Ham is a little bit of a bogey ground, we've come unstuck there a few times over the years.

You sound like a non-prawn sarnie eating Man Yoo fan, though I heard Toads will eat anything, much like Dean Ashton!. :D Wherever you watch the game Have a good one (though not too good!) and Happy New Year ! :D

You sound like a non-prawn sarnie eating Man Yoo fan, though I heard Toads will eat anything, much like Dean Ashton!. :D Wherever you watch the game Have a good one (though not too good!) and Happy New Year ! :D

More of a pint and pasty man myself.

Well deserved result this evening, hate to admit it, but West Ham were the better side and deserved to win. Though Solano and Parker were excellent whilst on the pitch, and Carlton Cole was a real thorn in the side for the whole game. I'll sip a fe more beers and hope Arsenal lose toninght, and Liverpool screw up tomorrow, which is probably more likely.

but West Ham were the better side and deserved to win.

Yeah i agree. And when the diving, step over, Portugese tw4t missed the penalty, it seemed to lift the Hammers.

I'll sip a fe more beers and hope Arsenal lose toninght,

That didn't go to plan either :o

and Liverpool screw up tomorrow, which is probably more likely.

But hopefully that one will :D

But hopefully that one will :D

But probably won't :D

If Carlsberg made football matches, it probably would :D

Anyway, I'm not the person for predicting reults. Look where I am in the table for that. :o

Looks like we are getting the boy Barnes from Derby, scored a good goal last week by all accounts, is that Bobby Barnes son by any chance ??

Tis indeed the offspring of the original Bobby Barnes. It's West Ham in the blood ya know. :o

He's actually his nephew..

Yeah i agree. And when the diving, step over, Portugese tw4t missed the penalty, it seemed to lift the Hammers.

Certainly lifted me...

I reckon Green would have stopped it anyway..

Looks like we are getting the boy Barnes from Derby, scored a good goal last week by all accounts, is that Bobby Barnes son by any chance ??

Tis indeed the offspring of the original Bobby Barnes. It's West Ham in the blood ya know. :D

He's actually his nephew..

Nephew or whatever. It's still in the blood.

2-0. Well at least our other Norf London "friends" lost. And as my mate a bit dubiously put, "and that's all that counts". :o

PS

I was the only Hammer for donkies here in Cha-Am. Now there's a West Ham bar if any fellow Hammer is ever this way. :D

Tough game for us both this weekend in the FA Cup hey boys. Apart from the blip against Arsenal, you've been playing well.

I'll be there this weekend. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we'll sell out.

Any idea if Thaksin is back in London?

Last i heard was he was in Hong Kong. Don't know if he has come back yet.

He's a little busy at the moment trying to organise the new Thai government, and make sure the strings are strong on Samak. :o

Last i heard was he was in Hong Kong. Don't know if he has come back yet.

He's a little busy at the moment trying to organise the new Thai government, and make sure the strings are strong on Samak. :o

Shame, I was going to ask to marry one of his daughters..

Looks like we're gonna have to play all over again next week HH

I just remember the last time we met you away in the Cup when we went on to near ultimate glory (thieving Scousers :D ) I was a bit suprised that we beat you then - and am hoping for the same again. But to be fair you're a different team now and we're still woefully understrengthed. But who knows ? :o

Don't know if you've seen the highlights HH. But i saw it yesterday and it was a stone wall penalty on Petrov, how the ref didn't give it i'll never know. Oh well, here's to next week.

Would have given it if Petrov hadn't mad a meal of it by leaning into him and flopping over like a pansy.

Don't know if you've seen the highlights HH. But i saw it yesterday and it was a stone wall penalty on Petrov, how the ref didn't give it i'll never know. Oh well, here's to next week.

Would have given it if Petrov hadn't mad a meal of it by leaning into him and flopping over like a pansy.

"meal of it" :o "pansy" :D you're havin a Giraffe :D

"meal of it" :D "pansy" :D you're havin a Giraffe :bah:

Green would have saved it anyway. :o Anyway if Fatty Ashton can be in the right place again in the replay - we'll have the Briefs again-I mean the Blades again in the next round, How does that grab you? There are 20,000 blades hooting and flapping like seals anticipating a fish feeding frenzy as we speak. There is talk of 'spammers', 'cheats' and 'Steel City justice' on the Sheff U boards. Let the comedy begin :D:D

"meal of it" :bah: "pansy" :o you're havin a Giraffe ;)

Green would have saved it anyway. :o Anyway if Fatty Ashton can be in the right place again in the replay - we'll have the Briefs again-I mean the Blades again in the next round, How does that grab you? There are 20,000 blades hooting and flapping like seals anticipating a fish feeding frenzy as we speak. There is talk of 'spammers', 'cheats' and 'Steel City justice' on the Sheff U boards. Let the comedy begin :D:D

:D:D

Actually, it might be worth us losing just to see what happens. They're non too keen on the Hammers anymore are they :bah:

Have to tell you all about Saturday, missed the game myself but my sister a life-long Hammer's fan went with her new boyfriend, a Man City supporter.

Talking to her after the game l find out she sat with the ' Mancs ' in the away end !!! Obviously l've cut her off now and no longer speak with her, and was thinking about concreating the front of her house up with her in it.

Any suggestions as to a suitable punishement please let me know !! :o:D

2 rainy weeks in Salford should do the trick !!

How about two weeks with the new Fulham manager,? Well they're up next and we really should be beating these celler dwellers, besides we need to get one over

Mohammed Al Paranoid for all those antics last season. If they had gone down there probably would have been a public inquiry. He would have pointed the finger at the establishment, especially the Queen because she might have once had a crush on Bobby Moore when he was England captain and their conspiracy to persecute his family (club). Looks like Faubert will be on the bench. I hope he can cross, though Mark Noble can carry on with the corners and wide set pieces. We seem a bit short up front and soon we won't even be able to call on Kamara(spelling?). So it looks like it could be the two big fellas together again, Carlton and the other 'ton' Ashton ( I don't know when Zam and Bellend are coming back). Anyway, should we dip our hands into our benefactors large Icelandic pockets and buy DeFoe? 2 thirds of hammers wanted him back on a 'Knees up mother Brown' (website) survey. I would rather have Robinson Crusoe or somebody called Fred. :o Anyway Come On You Irons

Hard luck last night boys.

For what it's worth, thought you outplayed us in the first half and about even stevens in the second half. So overall i think you deserved more out of the game. Nevertheless, i'll take the win and hope we start to improve in the further rounds.

For what it's worth, thought you outplayed us in the first half and about even stevens in the second half. So overall i think you deserved more out of the game. Nevertheless, i'll take the win and hope we start to improve in the further rounds.

Noticed that Doctor Frank and family were there. Wonder if he also brought his cheque book along.

Noticed that Doctor Frank and family were there. Wonder if he also brought his cheque book along.

Hope so :o