West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

Done deal, focus is now on Mancini & one other & that will conclude our Summer intake unless we sell & need to replace...

http://www.whufc.com/page/News/0,,12562~1699090,00.html

COYI

Deal done singhy, but i just wonder if he is going to be any better than what you already have, just have to wait and see i suppose.

Plus i'm always suspious of these 1yr loan deals, just seems to me that these type of deals are putting players in the shop window for everyone too see but on the other hand i suppose it gives the club a get out clause if his crap.

Possibly but it could be a lot worse, we could have bought David Bentley for 18m Sterling with him only worying about his Hair & then attempt to off load him to Villa a Year later for less than half the price... :)

There you go again singhy and i was trying to be constructive.

Anyway Bentley was 15m and how do you know we are trying to offload him to villa for less than 9m, actually 9m wouldn't be a bad price now, i mean anyone would think that you dont lose money on your players.Dyer, ashton, nsereko aint worth a carrot now.you talk about bentley and paid 9M for nsereko.

nsereko aint worth a carrot ???what ??sort a like kaboul 7m from auxerre ,zokora 8.5m from st etienne, tarbert 4.5 lens, rocha 4m benfica, bent 16 an a <deleted> half million whoaaahhahaha,

not to mention, defoe , chimbonda and keane TWICE!!!, must be schizo that clown levy,must be .

200million spent in 4 years on total and utter tosh, fact! thats half the list for ya alfie

, the rest pans off inta even more insignificant bizzare purchases,

an you says , you were trying to be constructive, well you just carry on regardless mate, ,your inspirational you are., proper inspiration,

Deal done singhy, but i just wonder if he is going to be any better than what you already have, just have to wait and see i suppose.

Plus i'm always suspious of these 1yr loan deals, just seems to me that these type of deals are putting players in the shop window for everyone too see but on the other hand i suppose it gives the club a get out clause if his crap.

Possibly but it could be a lot worse, we could have bought David Bentley for 18m Sterling with him only worying about his Hair & then attempt to off load him to Villa a Year later for less than half the price... :D

There you go again singhy and i was trying to be constructive.

Anyway Bentley was 15m and how do you know we are trying to offload him to villa for less than 9m, actually 9m wouldn't be a bad price now, i mean anyone would think that you dont lose money on your players.Dyer, ashton, nsereko aint worth a carrot now.you talk about bentley and paid 9M for nsereko.

nsereko aint worth a carrot ???what ??sort a like kaboul 7m from auxerre ,zokora 8.5m from st etienne, tarbert 4.5 lens, rocha 4m benfica, bent 16 an a <deleted> half million whoaaahhahaha,

not to mention, defoe , chimbonda and keane TWICE!!!, must be schizo that clown levy,must be .

200million spent in 4 years on total and utter tosh, fact! thats half the list for ya alfie

an you says , you were trying to be constructive, well you just carry on regardless mate, ,your inspirational you are., proper inspiration,

Let them be Brother Imola, let them be..

We all know that the 102m Euro's that they spent last Year compared to our 16m Euro's was well spent as, after all, they finished above us on Goal Difference & they should be proud of that..

Bwahahahahahahaha 2 Bob, they are, absolute 2 Bob, Club, Support, Manager, Players, the whole thing & the thing is, i reckon Alfredo actually knows it deep down.. :)

Roll on Beijing !!!

Bwahahahahahahaha 2 Bob, they are, absolute 2 Bob, Club, Support, Manager, Players, the whole thing & the thing is, i reckon Alfredo actually knows it deep down.. :)

Roll on Beijing !!!

It's a fact of life that all big clubs lose money on players, but if you can cope with it financially its not a problem, beside's you need to get your own house in order before you talk about anybody else's finances.

It's a fact of life that all big clubs lose money on players, but if you can cope with it financially its not a problem, beside's you need to get your own house in order before you talk about anybody else's finances.

Really ??? :D

You spend 16.5m on Darren Bent, Palacios for 14m, Keane for up to 19m & David Bentley for up to 17m & you tell us to get our Finances in order ???

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha :D

Thank the good Lord/Allah/Buddah that you've got people without a Brain funding your Club aye ?? :)

http://www.whufc.com/page/News/0,,12562~1699090,00.html

COYI

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...ston-Villa.html

& you know as well as i do, that Ashton's mustard & will be fit after having rectified Surgery on an Ankle Injury he got whilst under England's Camp when the Surgery wasn't successful the first time round. Only 7.5m max though & a whooping 7.5m plus cheaper then Bentley anyway & 55 mGames, 19 Goals which is better than 1 in 3 so happy days if you ask me especially when you consider he was 9m less than Darren Bent & potentially 11.5m less than Robbie Keane.. :D

Dyer, yeah Dyer's a joke & a typical Curbishley Signing & not the Player i'd personally buy but what do i know ??

Nsereko, don't make me laugh Alfie, he's a Kid <deleted> & a very, very good one, is in another Country, a new League, new everything & you're gonna write him off after 6 months & after he won the 2008 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship with Germany ?? Foolish, Alfredo, even for a Y*ddo... :D

If we're we're gonna have a dig, make sure you don't set them up for me cos i will knock them down Alfredo, especially where the Spuds are concerned & the way you're abortion of a Football Club tends to do Business which will only be worse the longer that ugly fcuker stays at your Club.... :D

You ain't knocked anything down just quoted a lot of useless facts, you still didn't mention how much they are worth now which is what we were talking about.

ashton played 55 ganes in how many years ?

Nsereko won a under19s championship and that makes him worth 9m does it, i think your the foolish ones if that's what you believe :) .

it is a fact of life that big clubs lose money on players generally, yes. but since when were spurs a big club?

Good question Mr bindipper, so you tell me what make's the criteria of a big club and then i will answer your question if you havn't already answered it yourself :) .

[http://www.whufc.com/page/News/0,,12562~1699090,00.html

COYI

Possibly but it could be a lot worse, we could have bought David Bentley for 18m Sterling with him only worying about his Hair & then attempt to off load him to Villa a Year later for less than half the price... :)

yes you have quoted a lot of useless facts just like your mate, you seem to have a problem that we have bought a lot of players, some of the players you quoted we sold for more than we bought them for so i cant see what your getting at.

Let me know when nsereko's worth 9m but your be waiting along time.

it is a fact of life that big clubs lose money on players generally, yes. but since when were spurs a big club?

Good question Mr bindipper, so you tell me what make's the criteria of a big club and then i will answer your question if you havn't already answered it yourself :) .

well typically the definition would involve winning trophies and the club's history but in the modern era it tends to include being in the champions league. but i suppose it's all relative. and relative to someone like millwall, spurs are a big club i guess.

well typically the definition would involve winning trophies and the club's history but in the modern era it tends to include being in the champions league. but i suppose it's all relative. and relative to someone like millwall, spurs are a big club i guess.

I tend to disagree with you there, being a big club is for life not just for a short time while you have a few bob thus enabling you to get in the champion's league.If Abramovich done the off tomorrow with all his money and chelsea didn't qualify for the champion league next year no one would be calling them a big club.

I for one still happen to think that newcastle are a big club while chelsea are not which certainly disproves your theory.

If its all relative then every club in the football league is a big club because they are all bigger than someone.

Edited by alfieconn

I tend to disagree with you there, being a big club is for life not just for a short time while you have a few bob thus enabling you to get in the champion's league.If Abramovich done the off tomorrow with all his money and chelsea didn't qualify for the champion league next year no one would be calling them a big club.

I for one still happen to think that newcastle are a big club while chelsea are not which certainly disproves your theory.

If its all relative then every club in the football league is a big club because they are all bigger than someone.

Besides the Out of Tooners, who else ever consider The Last Castle a big club?

yep, as i said you just carry on regardless son . your fn hilarious you are, i can only assume that the fact you have avoided the question put to you by steve h is obviously due to the

fact that you wouldnt have the remotest clue as to what a big club "your choice of words" is.

you keep it up mate your on aproper roll atm, youve went from 2bob to priceless imo

[http://www.whufc.com/page/News/0,,12562~1699090,00.html

COYI

Bentley might worry about his hair but i think his been out done by one of your players.

During his loan spell he missed training when he mistakenly thought he had the day off, and was pictured asleep on the bench, and "touching his parts", during a Real Madrid game.

Quality that is, i would imagine thats certainly put his price up.

Edited by alfieconn

being a 'big club' is most certainly not for life, as any nottingham forest, sheffield wednesday or leeds united fan will tell you. i don't really think that chelsea are a big club as it goes, they're an average sized club that won the pools. they're famous for a supposedly glamorous image built up in the 60s and 70s when they had a few flair players who liked a pint. pretty much like spurs really.

your thinking newcastle are a big club proves nothing, since newcastle are a 'big club' in terms of fan numbers only and that is down to them being a one-club city. lots of fans shelling out for replica shirts every year because there's no other team to follow within the city limits does not = big club.

Edited by StevieH

You ain't knocked anything down just quoted a lot of useless facts, you still didn't mention how much they are worth now which is what we were talking about.

ashton played 55 ganes in how many years ?

Nsereko won a under19s championship and that makes him worth 9m does it, i think your the foolish ones if that's what you believe :) .

Useless Facts.... :D

A fact is a fact, is a fact, is a fact... :D

The Mancini part is very, very interesting, fingers crossed... :)

Oh & Alfredo, just for the record & regarding earlier today's back & forth, we paid 7.5m for Ashton & are now possibly looking to sell, for more than what we paid by the looks of it, which is how it's " meant " to be done.... :D

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...e-City-10m.html

At the same time West Ham chief executive Scott Duxbury will return to Milan this weekend - having already signed the Chilean striker Luis Jimenez from Inter Milan  to hopefully complete the deal to secure another Inter player, Mancini.

Terms have been agreed with Inter, following further discussions earlier this week, and Duxbury is due to meet Mancini to discuss his own personal demands. The deal for the 28-year-old Brazilian winger is expected to be structured in the same way as the transfer of Jimenez - a one-year loan with an option to buy.

The expected arrival of Mancini will be regarded as something of a coup for West Ham who had feared the deal would collapse after the news they were in negotiations leaked out last week.

In Zola we trust....

Gianfranco Zola is to try and persuade Inter star Mancini to join the Hammers.

Zola, who landed the Brazilian international's former Inter team mate Luis Jimenez just last week is to try and resurrect the deal which has stalled due to the numerous offers said to have been made to Mancini since news of United's interest was made public.

Zola, who only recently returned from his summer holiday will be in Italy with Hammers CEO Scott Duxbury, who told KUMB.com:

"We're pretty much there with Milan. I'm flying there tomorrow [saturday] to see the player.

"Jimenez was never an issue. Mancini's a different story because he's got lots of offers and lots of options - so it's down to Gianfranco really.

"I'll get the deal done, I know where we are with it so that won't be an issue - but it's down to Gianfranco. If Gianfranco and Mancini can hit it off and Mancini wants to come then I'm 80% sure it'll happen."

Duxbury - talking exclusively to KUMB.com in our latest Q&A that will appear on the site throughout next week - also said that he was looking forward to seeing new signing Jimenez in action.

"I think that Jimenez is absolutely huge for us - a massive, massive signing," he said. "He's a top drawer player, he's exactly what we've been missing.

"We had a barbeque at Gianfranco's house and were just talking - but his whole team revolves around Jimenez."

Duxbury also defended the club's decision to rely on the loan market to supplement the first team squad, adding: "I'll try and do every deal this way. From a cashflow perspective they're superb."

Duckers reveals the mess we are/were in..

Scott Duxbury had told KUMB.com that the much-delayed club accounts are 'a disaster'.

West Ham United CEO Duxbury, talking to KUMB.com for our latest Q&A admitted that the twice-postponed figures reveal substantial losses incurred as a result of Eggert Magnusson's 'massive player acquisition programme'.

Duxbury also revealed that transfer fees for players such as Matthew Upson - for whom the financing was thought to have come personally from Bjorgolffur Gudmundsson - were actually secured on bank loans; loans which the club is now in the process of repaying.

"The accounts were a disaster; we've had absolute hel_l," said Duxbury. "We've had the owner going bankrupt, XL ... it's been an absolute disaster.

"We've had massive pressure from the banks. The collapse of our various partners and owner conincided obviously with the banking world just being absolutely destroyed.

"When Eggert came in we embarked on a massive player acquisition programme. It's not just the transfer fees, it was the salaries that were given. And all of this, we didn't know, was bank funded - it wasn't owner funded.

"Then the banking world collapses and they said 'we want our money back'. Fantastic."

However Duxbury added that the club are now back on an even keel whilst confirming that Gianfranco Zola will have substantial funds at his disposal from the summer of 2010 onwards - although this summer, any inward acquisitions are likely to be loan-based, as per the recent Luis Jimenez transfer.

"Ironically the past year-and-a-half has been the best it's been," added Duxbury, "because we haven't had an owner.

"We've been able to just get on and run the club without interference and basically implement the business plan."

:)

Amid all the drama of the Manure interest in Mr Owen, the diminutive one has thrown his hat in the ring too

Interviewed on Talk Sport earlier today, the magic one said " I theenk Michael eeez steel a farntarstic talent and would feet in fine with the squad I inherited from Mr Alan - weee would have zeee best hosispital team in zeee coontry with Kieron and Dean all regooolar competiting for zeee same treatments table"

He went on to deny he was aware of any similar approaches from the White Hart Lane Possee, adding when posed the question "Ziss has a to be doubtfuls, 'arry already got the new car for eez wife ?"

Edited by MSingh

• 2 weeks later...
post-20082-1247474417.jpg

If they took away that goddamn awful advert/logo it may help

It's called a Sponsor, most Teams have them as they generally pay obscene amounts of money to have their Companies Logo on the front of the Shirt..

Horrid Shirt that is anyway..

post-20082-1247474417.jpg

If they took away that goddamn awful advert/logo it may help

It's called a Sponsor, most Teams have them as they generally pay obscene amounts of money to have their Companies Logo on the front of the Shirt..

Most teams have them ? I thought that they all did . But thanks for the info regarding companies paying for them. I thought that clubs did it for free. Well Barca and Aston Villa apart that is. :)

PS

Suppose that I'd better add in case you miss it. Barcelona and Aston Villa are the only two teams that I'm aware of that aren't sponsored by corporate greed , but have the advertising space on their shirts sponsoring charities.

Edited by Happy Hammer

Most teams have them ? I thought that they all did . But thanks for the info regarding companies paying for them. I thought that clubs did it for free. Well Barca and Aston Villa apart that is. :)

PS

Suppose that I'd better add in case you miss it. Barcelona and Aston Villa are the only two teams that I'm aware of that aren't sponsored by corporate greed , but have the advertising space on their shirts sponsoring charities.

Well you thought wrong, WBA don't have one this coming Season, didn't have one last Season & we didn't have one for a good part of last Season also, still you crack on with the rolly eyes won't you, there's a good Lad.. :D

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/west...shirt-0910_4327

2 weeks to go to Beijing, can't wait, send me your address HH & i'll send you some dead Dog in the Post 7 some Pictures... :D

PS

Well you thought wrong, WBA don't have one this coming Season, didn't have one last Season & we didn't have one for a good part of last Season also, still you crack on with the rolly eyes won't you, there's a good Lad.. :D

2 weeks to go to Beijing, can't wait, send me your address HH & i'll send you some dead Dog in the Post 7 some Pictures... :D

Petulant child. Yes, I was aware the West Brom (only non football supporters actually call them WBA don't they?) never had a sponsor last season. But my aim was in drawing attention to the fact that only two teams, to my knowledge, were not so by business. A commendable fact, in my opinion.

As for your racial stereotyping and other rather distasteful inferences ... :D

Neverthless, I hope that you enjoy your trip to China, although you wouldn't have enough time to learn the politeness of the Chinese. Doo lair -- doo eng, khrup.

PS

Petulant child. Yes, I was aware the West Brom (only non football supporters actually call them WBA don't they?) never had a sponsor last season. But my aim was in drawing attention to the fact that only two teams, to my knowledge, were not so by business. A commendable fact, in my opinion.

As for your racial stereotyping and other rather distasteful inferences ... :D

Neverthless, I hope that you enjoy your trip to China, although you wouldn't have enough time to learn the politeness of the Chinese. Doo lair -- doo eng, khrup.

Insults again i see HH, you're good at using Insults aren't you HH, especially when people don't agree with you or you don't get your own way ?? :D

Bore off HH, you're like a broken <deleted> Record, & an absolutely sh*t one at that....

Is there a Moony/Drop my Pants & show my arse emoticon that i could use anyone ???

UP THE HAMMERS

back to that shirt, it reminds me of something I would have worn to a disco in the late 70's, sans the style. Not that ours is much to look at either, but can now safely say that at least on one ocassion this year, we will be the better looking team.

back to that shirt, it reminds me of something I would have worn to a disco in the late 70's, sans the style. Not that ours is much to look at either, but can now safely say that at least on one ocassion this year, we will be the better looking team.

It's growing on me actually Jimbo & i think it will look smart with the White Shorts & Claret Socks..

You just wait til you see Everton's new Away Shirt of you think ours is a bad Shirt. :)

Our's is also the same Template as Glasgow Rangers too which is good in my book...