West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

back to that shirt, it reminds me of something I would have worn to a disco in the late 70's, sans the style. Not that ours is much to look at either, but can now safely say that at least on one ocassion this year, we will be the better looking team.

It's growing on me actually Jimbo & i think it will look smart with the White Shorts & Claret Socks..

You just wait til you see Everton's new Away Shirt of you think ours is a bad Shirt. :)

Our's is also the same Template as Glasgow Rangers too which is good in my book...

sorry singer, never been a fan of long-sleeved shirts and shorts and if you saw any of ours from the early 90's, you will agree.

will look for the everton shirt now.

cheers

back to that shirt, it reminds me of something I would have worn to a disco in the late 70's, sans the style. Not that ours is much to look at either, but can now safely say that at least on one ocassion this year, we will be the better looking team.

It's growing on me actually Jimbo & i think it will look smart with the White Shorts & Claret Socks..

You just wait til you see Everton's new Away Shirt of you think ours is a bad Shirt. :)

Our's is also the same Template as Glasgow Rangers too which is good in my book...

sorry singer, never been a fan of long-sleeved shirts and shorts and if you saw any of ours from the early 90's, you will agree.

will look for the everton shirt now.

cheers

We've got Short Sleeve Shirts too Jimbo..... :D

No worse than Bolton's. But certainly not on par with Burnley's.

Bore off HH, you're like a broken <deleted> Record, & an absolutely sh*t one at that....

Is there a Moony/Drop my Pants & show my arse emoticon that i could use anyone ???

Simply delightful. Ah, the benefits of a good English education. :)

change the sponsor on burnley's kit and I swear it was West Ham's, ah misery loves company i guess.

change the sponsor on burnley's kit and I swear it was West Ham's, ah misery loves company i guess.

That may have been true in the 1950's and even the sixties, when the West Ham and Burnley shirts were almost identical -- only being distinguishable by the badges. However, Burnley have kept with tradition for next season with their centenary shirt , whilst West Ham have "moved on" with theirs. Progress , eh. :D

Edited

To put a missing 's' in West Ham. No point in feeding the detractors. :)

Edited by Happy Hammer

That may have been true in the 1950's and even the sixties, when the West Ham and Burnley shirts were almost identical -- only being distinguishable by the badges. However, Burnley have kept with tradition for next season with their centenary shirt , whilst West Ham have "moved on" with theirs. Progress , eh. :D

Edited

To put a missing 's' in West Ham. No point in feeding the detractors. :)

maybe you history buffs can enlighten me, burnley, a-villa, hammer time, similar colour kits, did they have a sale the year on that colour when you joined the league?

Ah Short Shelved shirts when all the 100000 a week men come out wearing them!!!!!!!!

ALONG WITH THERE GLOVES :)

<deleted>

Quite right. BMWs, Porches and the suchlike.

:D

I remember players getting to grounds by means of public transport. Or in the case of some teams by agricultural machinery.

post-20082-1247646989.gif

maybe you history buffs can enlighten me, burnley, a-villa, hammer time, similar colour kits, did they have a sale the year on that colour when you joined the league?

All supporters are "history buffs'" aren't they ? Well concerning their own teams history at least.

But you'd need to do some research about the claret and blue. But I think that Villa were first to have those colours. Thames Ironworks (the original name for West Ham ) right-half Charlie Dove received the Aston Villa kit from his father William Dove. Burnley only adopted wearing claret and sky blue as late as the 1910-11 season. They wore green beforehand. But as with Burnley, both Aston Villa and West Ham also originally wore different colours, or a mixtures of colours.

All supporters are "history buffs'" aren't they ? Well concerning their own teams history at least.

But you'd need to do some research about the claret and blue. But I think that Villa were first to have those colours. Thames Ironworks (the original name for West Ham ) right-half Charlie Dove received the Aston Villa kit from his father William Dove. Burnley only adopted wearing claret and sky blue as late as the 1910-11 season. They wore green beforehand. But as with Burnley, both Aston Villa and West Ham also originally wore different colours, or a mixtures of colours.

Yep, followign on from HH & today's History lesson, Villa first wore Claret & Blue in 1874 which is the first recorded Club wearing those Colours, in thin Hoops, they wore different Colours until reverting back to Claret & Blue in 1886.

Thames Ironworks ( the Club West Ham were before West Ham ) first wore Claret & Blue in 1897 before 3 Seasons with Salmon Shirts in the very early 1900's, then reverting to Claret & Blue..

Burnley first wore Claret & Blue in 1910 after wearing all sorts of different Colours for nearly 30 Years..

Scunthorpe first wore Claret & Blue in 1904

Arbroath in Scotland, first wore C&B in 1882

Tomorrow's History Exam Jimbo could be about Italian War Heroes, that'll take up 30 seconds of your time too.. :)

Arbroath in Scotland, first wore C&B in 1882

I never realised that. Although it seems that there's a part of Arbroath that keeps with tradition.

post-20082-1247730851_thumb.jpg

There's yet another Scottish team who I'll have watch out for.

Edited by Happy Hammer

What is that HH, is it a Pennant ??

Latest on the Hammers is the Mnacini deal isn't dead in the water, Nnai has been in Milan for most of this week ( now in Austria with th Squad with Mnacini in the US with Inter ) but Mnacini is trying to keep his options open.

Mourinho is allegedly trying to oush him our way as he knows he will be handled the right ay under Clarke & Inter could then have a orld Beater on their hands after a Season at our Place, next Season..

It's still on & is still a possibility..

Barca seem to want anywhere between 3 - 5m GBP for Gudjohnsson which i doubt we'll pay or have to spend on a Player but we're still going for a Season long Loan.

Ashton hasn't gone to Austria with the Squad & is allegedly 2 months away from fitness which is bad news, maybe we could do worse than sell him to Stoke to be honest even though i hope he leads the English line in ZA 2010

We've got Werder Bremen tomorrow & i'll post a link to a Stream of it later today in case anyone wants to watch it.. :)

Ashton hasn't gone to Austria with the Squad & is allegedly 2 months away from fitness which is bad news, maybe we could do worse than sell him to Stoke to be honest even though i hope he leads the English line in ZA 2010

Yeah i reckon you'll get 15m from stoke for douglas bader :)

Yeah i reckon you'll get 15m from stoke for douglas bader :)

I'd be more inclined to take 15 Quid for him at the minute... :D

Since singer is busy kissing up to the citeh boys (perhaps for a bojinov or something else) I thought I would lighten things up on the Hammer thread seeing it is friday. Nice to remember the good old days...

Alan Curbishley doesn't stand for nonsense. Last Saturday he caught a couple of fans climbing over the stadium wall. Absolutely filled with rage he grabbed them by the collars and said, "Get back in there and watch the game till it finishes!"

A West Hammer fan sauntered past a corner shop and spots a video for sale entitled "West Ham - The Golden Years" Enthused, the supporter asks the shopkeeper "How much for the video mate ?"

"£200 mate" replies the shopkeeper.

"£200 for a video?" says the fan, "Yer having a laugh!"

"Oh no" the shopkeeper replies "The video's only a fiver, but the Betamax player will cost you £195"

Carlos Tevez is ill, so Alan Curbishley offers to go shopping for him.

While in the local supermarket, he bumps into Ron Atkinson.

"Hey Alan, what in god's name are you doing here?"

"I'm getting a bag of potatoes for Carlos Tevez"

"Sounds like a fair swap to me!"

:)

Since singer is busy kissing up to the citeh boys (perhaps for a bojinov or something else) I thought I would lighten things up on the Hammer thread seeing it is friday. Nice to remember the good old days...

Alan Curbishley doesn't stand for nonsense. Last Saturday he caught a couple of fans climbing over the stadium wall. Absolutely filled with rage he grabbed them by the collars and said, "Get back in there and watch the game till it finishes!"

A West Hammer fan sauntered past a corner shop and spots a video for sale entitled "West Ham - The Golden Years" Enthused, the supporter asks the shopkeeper "How much for the video mate ?"

"£200 mate" replies the shopkeeper.

"£200 for a video?" says the fan, "Yer having a laugh!"

"Oh no" the shopkeeper replies "The video's only a fiver, but the Betamax player will cost you £195"

Carlos Tevez is ill, so Alan Curbishley offers to go shopping for him.

While in the local supermarket, he bumps into Ron Atkinson.

"Hey Alan, what in god's name are you doing here?"

"I'm getting a bag of potatoes for Carlos Tevez"

"Sounds like a fair swap to me!"

:)

Someone's been busy Googling this afternoon... :D

What is that HH, is it a Pennant ??

Oddly enough it's a boot bag. I say odd because amongst a very limited stock of other merchandise they should have that to sell. Perhaps they need to put wellies in them as the stands get flooded or something. Beats me. :)

Still , nice colours though.

Bezziccheri ready to follow in Macheda footsteps

Author: Andrew Allen-sport.co.uk

Posted on: 20 July 2009 - 10:33

West Ham United look set to snap up Roma midfielder Simone Bezziccheri after the 16-year-old completed a successful pre-season outing for the East London side. The move for the Italian youngster continues the Hammers’ close ties with the country following Gianfranco Zola’s arrival last year. The move for the Roman born youngster also echoes the move made by Manchester United for Lazio starlet Federico Macheda, who shot to prominence last term with decisive goals against Aston Villa and Sunderland.

The West Ham United senior squad is currently in Austria but Bezziccheri was part of a youthful Hammers side that drew 1-1 with Cambridge United over the weekend.

Academy director Tony Carr took charge of the team and played Bezziccheri for the full 90 minutes.

redrus

oh my...

West Ham United Midfielder Nigel Quashie Considers Loan Move

The former Scotland international could spend more time away from Upton Park again this season...

20 Jul 2009 09:54:38

West Ham United midfielder Nigel Quashie has left the door open for another possible loan move.

The former Scotland international has struggled to force his way into manager Gianfranco Zola's first-team plans after picking up a long-term injury.

Quashie spent last season on loan at Wolverhampton Wanderers and Birmingham City, both now promoted to the Premier League, and would consider another season away from Upton Park in order to play regular football.

"I've got to do what's right for me, and for me it's to want to play. If it means me going out on loan again, that's fine," Quashie told BBC London 94.9.

"Everything they've asked me to do I think I've done.

"They have asked me if I would like to stay behind and get myself fit for a possible loan move, and I've made it clear that's probably the best option for me."

Quashie had missed 16 months of football due to a broken foot before his spells in the Championship last year. As a result, he has not played for West Ham since their 4-3 loss to Tottenham Hotspur in March 2007

West Ham are poised to sign Chelsea youngster Frank Nouble, skysports.com understands.

The Hammers have moved for Nouble after the 17-year-old rejected the offer of a professional contract at Stamford Bridge.

Nouble is rated one of the best teenage talents in England having impressed for Chelsea in the FA Youth Cup and in the reserves.

Chelsea were keen to tie down Nouble to a long-term deal, but the young striker has decided to move on as he fears his first-team chances would have been limited at Stamford Bridge.

Arsenal were credited with an interest in Nouble, but West Ham have managed to lure the powerful frontman to Upton Park.

Nouble's signing will come as a massive coup to Hammers boss Gianfranco Zola as he is tipped for a big future in the game.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 28,00.html

West Ham are poised to sign Chelsea youngster Frank Nouble, skysports.com understands.

Just a word of caution about "skysports.com understands". They've been known to spread nothing but unsubstantiated rumour.

Plus, rememeber when a young Carlton Cole was scoring goals left, right, and centre for Chelsea Youth and Reserves.....

Look at him now :)

He's signed..

West Ham United have confirmed the capture of Frank Nouble from Chelsea.

The 17-year-old striker has signed a five-year deal with the Hammers having turned down a professional contract with the West London outfit.

Nouble, talking to whufc.com this morning said:

"I am really looking forward to showing what I can do. West Ham are renowned for bringing through young players and hopefully I can be in the next batch.

"This came out of the blue. The news came out that I rejected at Chelsea and obviously I thank them for what they have done for me but I am just happy that a club like West Ham came in for me. They showed their interest and for me it was a case of saying 'Yes' straight away. I am just happy to be here.

"I am reaching the age where I want to be in and around the first team more than anything - learning from the big players that have done really well here; Mark Noble, Carlton Cole and players like that. I want to emulate what they have done."

He's signed..

West Ham United have confirmed the capture of Frank Nouble from Chelsea.

The 17-year-old striker has signed a five-year deal with the Hammers having turned down a professional contract with the West London outfit.

Nouble, talking to whufc.com this morning said:

"I am really looking forward to showing what I can do. West Ham are renowned for bringing through young players and hopefully I can be in the next batch.

"This came out of the blue. The news came out that I rejected at Chelsea and obviously I thank them for what they have done for me but I am just happy that a club like West Ham came in for me. They showed their interest and for me it was a case of saying 'Yes' straight away. I am just happy to be here.

"I am reaching the age where I want to be in and around the first team more than anything - learning from the big players that have done really well here; Mark Noble, Carlton Cole and players like that. I want to emulate what they have done."

Great to see all these young signings -- just not too sure that I'll be alive long enough to actually see them play.

Old Freddie is doing well at Palace as well.

Zola junior is getting a few games, Nouble scored a brace, things are looking good for us.

Is Ashton gonna go to Stoke? How about Lucas (never liked his attitude) ?

I think next Season the Hammers might just have the youngest team in the Premier league, young exciting players breaking into the First team, a good sign for us.