Samui murder: French restaurant owner admits concealing a corpse, other two suspects deny involvement

snoop1130

Samui murder: French restaurant owner admits concealing a corpse, other two suspects deny involvement

EyWwB5WU57MYnKOtTyu9Kub51BQpk9WSjX5m7Nb7

Police on Koh Samui say that a French restaurant owner has admitted to a charge of moving and concealing a corpse.

But two friends continued to deny involvement in the murder of Lauren Delacherie, 40.

The victim was found Thursday at the Tan Rua waterfall in the Mae Nam area with four gunshot wounds to the head.

He is believed to have been murdered at a restaurant owned by Cyrille Jean Paul Larignon, 43, who has admitted moving and concealing a corpse.

Police have charged 65 year old Georges Michel with murder. He denies it.

Also denying a charge of moving and concealing a corpse is 60 year old Yves Daniel Climen (name transliterated from Thai language). He denies this charge.

The suspects were being held at two island police stations yesterday but a court has now ruled that they be jailed pending further investigations.

Police said that the murder arose after a dispute over the sale of a
restaurant. They say that Georges reneged on a deal to sell the restaurant to the victim who them got cross. They went to sort the problem out at Cyrille's restaurant, said the cops.

As an argument ensued they claim that Georges shot Laurent in the head before his friends helped him dump the corpse at the waterfall.

Source: http://www.thairath.co.th/content/806612

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-09

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that's what I call multi-tasking: running a restaurant and performing body disposal services.  From my reliable sources, the moving and concealing of body was included in the daily dinner special. In this case he was just helping a friend in need. A totally reasonable explanation that the police should accept.

It never ceases to amaze me on how someone who you might consider wise, can do such stupid things. 

I am not throwing out my Guilty Verdict already but it is obvious that Georges had the greatest motive to kill this guy. He also had the opportunity as he admits he was their and helped move the body. To top it off he even brought 2 witnesses who saw him do this. Even if he didn't pull the trigger the witness will say he did to cover there own butts. At the very least say he paid them to kill him. 

I don't know? Maybe he just paid these two other guys to scare him and it got out of hand. But if that was the case he should not have tried to cover it up and if he was forced at gun point to carry the body, he should have contacted the Police the first chance he had.

The way some people act sometimes you would think they don't care if they have to spend the rest of their lives in a Thai Prison.  

2 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

2016: Gun shot residue tests on suspects hands, blood detection tests down to a nano sized trace of blood on any floor or surface or material ........ why all the guess work .... because that is basically it without the hard facts. 

GSR only remains on the shooter for a matter of a few hours.... the cloths... well, a smart person would burn those and toss the weapon.

GSR can also be transferred to first responders, so it is only an additional nail in the proverbial coffin, and blood will only prove the location of the crime, not who committed it

i don't think that the RTP have displayed much proficiency regards forensic collection to date... or a need too... as evidenced during the Khoi Tao murders... the police claimed they had DNA evidence, but couldn't produce it... the judge ruled that police don't lie, so unverified evidence was allowed

ergo... guess work... which is why they will rely on confessions... which will undoubtedly then become cause for speculation as to how the confession was obtained

2 hours ago, Rooo said:

You can mention the source, you can't quote it or link to it.

Why can't the name of the source be mentioned? Are words like Daily Mail and BBC now banned, not just their publications or websites? 

23 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Why can't the name of the source be mentioned? Are words like Daily Mail and BBC now banned, not just their publications or websites? 

He is talking about Bangkok Post. 

2 hours ago, Stardust314 said:

Yes.. thailand is heaven for westerners paedofiles , rapist ,murders...

I must be mistaken. I thought heaven for the people you describe is South Chicago, Rome, London, Instabul, Manila, ......many places in the world. I had no idea it was all of Thailand. Thanks for clearing that up.  We should all leave Thailand now. 

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

BBC banned? better tell them I've just been reading it...

3 hours ago, oldsailor35 said:

Apparently  a neighbour saw them putting the body into Georges Mazda pick up .

Where is the location of restaurant the shooting took place in, also in Maenam..?
From Samui Times: »The other two suspects are Cyrille Jean Paul Larignon, the owner of the restaurant where the shooting took place and...«

8 hours ago, oldsailor35 said:

Apparently  a neighbour saw them putting the body into Georges Mazda pick up .

The neighbors, the neighbors.....the nosey neighbors....damn ....forgot about the neighbors

Right then .....Next time have to consider the neighbors before any murdering is done.

Geez...what are people thinking when they purposely murder someone and think they can get away with it so easily.

Cheers

17 hours ago, farcanell said:

GSR only remains on the shooter for a matter of a few hours.... the cloths... well, a smart person would burn those and toss the weapon.

GSR can also be transferred to first responders, so it is only an additional nail in the proverbial coffin, and blood will only prove the location of the crime, not who committed it

i don't think that the RTP have displayed much proficiency regards forensic collection to date... or a need too... as evidenced during the Khoi Tao murders... the police claimed they had DNA evidence, but couldn't produce it... the judge ruled that police don't lie, so unverified evidence was allowed

ergo... guess work... which is why they will rely on confessions... which will undoubtedly then become cause for speculation as to how the confession was obtained

Get over it . 

22 hours ago, ebonykap said:

"...four gunshot wounds to the head."

Definition of overkill?

The term overkill with regards to forensic psychology is defined as force used to kill a victim in a way that indicates violence that goes beyond what is needed to kill the victim.   So in this case the term could be used.  Thank you Captain Obvious.  Any other gems to share? How about "this is an internet forum".   Really does not need to be stated right?

2 hours ago, farcanell said:

Get over what?

i only made the one post.... so I'm not sure why you would attack me... chill

Your post is all about Koh Tao and no similarity to this case whatsoever. That case is finished. this case is about a Frenchman. Those 2 are guilty and these 3 are about to go to court with a guilty verdict highly on the cards. The days of rape and pillaging with no consequences are over down on those islands. 

Archived