2016 Poster of the Year Poll

Ron19

2016 Poster Of The Year  

217 members have voted

1. 1. SECTION No 1- Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• GuestHouse
    • geriatrickid
    • mesquite
    • kenk24
    • Mitkof Island
    • daveAustin
    • JAFO
    • Grouse
    • baboon
    • JAG
    • Cockwomble
    • RuamRudy
    • Lostinisaan
    • Bluespunk
    • wanderluster
    • NONE OF THESE
  2. 2. SECTION No 2 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• Naam
    • NeverSure
    • JSixpack
    • villagefarang
    • RakJungTorlae
    • Richard W
    • canukamuck
    • nontabury
    • pigeonjake
    • smokie36
    • worgeordie
    • ClutchClark
    • elgordo38
    • helpisgood
    • Greenside
    • Paul Catton
    • NONE OF THESE
  3. 3. SECTION No 3 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• NongKhaiKid
    • transam
    • amykat
    • pgrahmm
    • alfieconn
    • sirineou
    • smutcakes
    • kickstart
    • kannot
    • StreetCowboy
    • simple1
    • 7by7
    • Donutz
    • ratcatcher
    • JJGreen
    • NONE OF THESE

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, geronimo said:

I am the unofficial commentator, it's my job to know these things, and a whole lot more besides!

And of course, VF has a blog site, which really helps people to get a picture of what he is about.

I enjoy my visits btw.

Edited by geronimo

20 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

You have been paying attention.  Naam clearly has the house and I have the view.:biggrin:

17 minutes ago, geronimo said:

I am the unofficial commentator, it's my job to know these things, and a whole lot more besides!

You sound more like his campaign manager.  

Just now, rijb said:

You sound more like his campaign manager.  

Well, I do try to be neutral, but certain candidates kind of shine, and this is hard to ignore. Of course, I feel confident that whoever wins, the tradition will be continued in the fair and open way that it always has. I have weathered a few of these contests, and I have learned to be surprised at nothing. The depths that some will allow themselves to be taken to in order to attain this accolade, is in no way indicative of the general population. Furthermore, it is hoped that this year we will see a fair and honest campaign by all the nominees, with no references to past indiscretions, or any suggestions of a dubious character.

6 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Well, I do try to be neutral, but certain candidates kind of shine, and this is hard to ignore. Of course, I feel confident that whoever wins, the tradition will be continued in the fair and open way that it always has. I have weathered a few of these contests, and I have learned to be surprised at nothing. The depths that some will allow themselves to be taken to in order to attain this accolade, is in no way indicative of the general population. Furthermore, it is hoped that this year we will see a fair and honest campaign by all the nominees, with no references to past indiscretions, or any suggestions of a dubious character.

Nicely said.  I guess it's like real elections.  What you see is not always what you get.  Shine on!

Should anyone doubt the lengths that some would go to win this coveted award, here are just a few of the "incidents" that occurred in the past.

One time, someone sent Thais to this particular village, and they spread the word that there was a seven day party at the farang's house, so one of the nominees was suddenly set upon by hundreds of grateful locals, who quickly cleaned him out of house and home. He didn't win btw!

Another occasion saw 450 litres of blalah delivered to a person who was tipped to take the title, however he soon dwindled in popularity and was never heard of again.

Pets have been kidnapped and held for ransom, as have people, so, if you are thinking this is some humurous adventure, I'm sorry to shatter your illusion.

15 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

I rest my case.

FYI I said 'someone' For a Reading comprehension course - Google is your friend

You can rest whatever you like, but you implied I had directed the word used towards another poster. 

Edited by Bluespunk

Although this cannot be verified, rumour has it that Transam's dog had a firecracker tied to it's tail, and it did all the world's dances simultaneously. Similarly, Nancy's cat was defintely interfered with, and the word is, a Toad had something to do with it.

4 minutes ago, sipi said:

What was wrong with my "How to clean the wax from my chickens ears" thread?

That one somehow slipped by me. If I'd seen it, I would have read it, as I will at sometime in the future, have chickens, and the last thing I want is a deaf bird!

1 minute ago, geronimo said:

That one somehow slipped by me. If I'd seen it, I would have read it, as I will at sometime in the future, have chickens, and the last thing I want is a deaf bird!

There are many more. I don't need reminding. 

On 12/13/2016 at 4:16 PM, Jingthing said:

This year is historically different.

It is being run with a firm iron hand from the management.

There will be no controversy about any fixing.

We can all see the numbers.

The BIGGEST change is no vote changing. 

Without vote changing there is MUCH LESS reason to bother campaigning at all.

A large percentage of people entering the thread for the first time will just do their voting then, and certainly not bother to read endless pages of campaigning, even if those endless pages are generated.

Less exciting, even much less exciting?

Well, that's my prediction anyway.

Going further, it's probably pretty easy to predict the five finalists already ... just based on name recognition.

Maybe people can try that, just for fun. 

Cheers. 

Well, it certainly seems there was a lot security surrounding picking the electors for the surveys.

20 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

You can rest whatever you like, but you implied I had directed the word used towards another poster. 

I implied nothing. You took that as my meaning, without any evidence to back up your assumption - as with the so-called rapist in the other thread. But if you win, as you called someone a turd - maybe you will be remembered as POTTY

3 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

I implied nothing. You took that as my meaning, without any evidence to back up your assumption - as with the so-called rapist in the other thread. But if you win, as you called someone a turd - maybe you will be remembered as POTTY

And you may have a shot at turd place.

11 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Yeah right, I mistook your meaning. Don't think I did. Your implication was clear. 

As as for the scum I called a turd, he is a convicted rapist. 

Win? Win this poll?

I won't. 

Edited by Bluespunk

LEADER BOARD

5.30pm transam 34
    villagefarang 30
    NongKhaiKid 30
    craigt3365 26
    Naam 25
    geriatrickid 16
    worgeordie 16
    ratcatcher 16