2016 Poster of the Year Poll

Ron19

2016 Poster Of The Year  

217 members have voted

1. 1. SECTION No 1- Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• GuestHouse
    • geriatrickid
    • mesquite
    • kenk24
    • Mitkof Island
    • daveAustin
    • JAFO
    • Grouse
    • baboon
    • JAG
    • Cockwomble
    • RuamRudy
    • Lostinisaan
    • Bluespunk
    • wanderluster
    • NONE OF THESE
  2. 2. SECTION No 2 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• Naam
    • NeverSure
    • JSixpack
    • villagefarang
    • RakJungTorlae
    • Richard W
    • canukamuck
    • nontabury
    • pigeonjake
    • smokie36
    • worgeordie
    • ClutchClark
    • elgordo38
    • helpisgood
    • Greenside
    • Paul Catton
    • NONE OF THESE
  3. 3. SECTION No 3 - Before voting please read posting instructions in post 1 and 2 below the poll.

• NongKhaiKid
    • transam
    • amykat
    • pgrahmm
    • alfieconn
    • sirineou
    • smutcakes
    • kickstart
    • kannot
    • StreetCowboy
    • simple1
    • 7by7
    • Donutz
    • ratcatcher
    • JJGreen
    • NONE OF THESE

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, smokie36 said:

That's probably the funniest thing you have said all year.

I know you don't know why so you'll just have to trust me.

Irony always leaves me grinning.

Yes, I know why and,

No I don't care.

It is an online forum not a life changing event.

7 minutes ago, Caveat Emptor said:

Will the winner be announced at 1701 hours as I'm sure it can be done and it will save an unnecessary second round .     :biggrin:

There is like 50 nominees which will be knocked down to 5. You don't think that will have an effect on second round results?

8 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

I am guessing that at this stage it is all about name recognition.  Things may change in the next round.

If it gets down to a two man race it may end up like last year where people voted against the person they hated the most by voting for the other guy.

Or it might end up like two years ago, with kidnappings and death threats!

People read different posters because of what they bring to the party: some read Naam for his sense of humour and his investment and financial services knowledge; some read VF for his photography of Northern Thailand and his unbiased view of life in the North. Neither one is bad in any way, they both have slightly different appeal and it's unfair and inappropriate I think to suggest one is less good than the other.

Just now, chiang mai said:

People read different posters because of what they bring to the party: some read Naam for his sense of humour and his investment and financial services knowledge; some read VF for his photography of Northern Thailand and his unbiased view of life in the North. Neither one is bad in any way, they both have slightly different appeal and it's unfair and inappropriate I think to suggest one is less good than the other.

Well said Dotty

1 hour ago, Johnniey said:

How on earth could Naam be even close to village farang, someone please tell me! :cheesy:  

Results like this show some kind of fraud or vote fixing to me.

Naam posts across the board not just in the drivel forums. He offers good advice in the DIY section for a start.

Edit. I am not suggesting VF posts drivel, but am referring specifically to Naam compared to some other posters.

Edited by sipi

1 hour ago, Johnniey said:

How on earth could Naam be even close to village farang, someone please tell me! :cheesy:  

Results like this show some kind of fraud or vote fixing to me.

how does it feel being a frustrated poor boy? :smile:

I think most members have a pretty clear idea who some of us are.  Others may post a lot but you never really get a sense of who they are, so their name never really sticks in your memory.  By personalizing your content people can identify with you.  They still may not like you but they know who you are.:tongue:

9 minutes ago, Naam said:

how does it feel being a frustrated poor boy? :smile:

A typical one liner reply, unlike Village farang who writes in depth meaningful posts.

I find it rather sad that an pensioner feels wealth is so important. Nothing wrong with being a breadhead but please don't compare your wealth with others when you know nothing of how much they have, in money and other valuable things.

Just now, Johnniey said:

A typical one liner reply, unlike Village farang who writes in depth meaningful posts.

I find it rather sad that an pensioner feels wealth is so important. Nothing wrong with being a breadhead but please don't compare your wealth with others when you know nothing of how much they have, in money and other valuable things.

Thirty - Love

Actually, in case some members are unaware, VF has a very strong online presence, and I have spent many an enjoyable hour reading his wonderful observations on his blog site. This is one of the reasons why I feel that he is a worthy winner, and it seems I am not alone!

1 minute ago, geronimo said:

Actually, in case some members are unaware, VF has a very strong online presence, and I have spent many an enjoyable hour reading his wonderful observations on his blog site. This is one of the reasons why I feel that he is a worthy winner, and it seems I am not alone!

That's cool, at least in expressing your preference you don't try and declare that everyone else is crap and has personality and lifestyle faults.

Just now, chiang mai said:

That's cool, at least in expressing your preference you don't try and declare that everyone else is crap and has personality and lifestyle faults.

I was brought up to believe it is tacky to slant your opposition.

3 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

And one has world class financial investment experience plus a wealth of engineering knowledge whilst the other appears to not have those things, so what! Two different people, both with something useful and interesting to offer, just because YOU prefer one over the other is no reason to try and degrade the other and force your opinions on others.

I take your point but this is a Thai forum, not an engineering or investment forum. 

I believe the POTY is for the whole forum, not just one's knowledge of one sub-forum.