Khao Talo tackles soi dog problem

Rimmer

Khao Talo tackles soi dog problem

Public Health Department veterinarians were out in the Khao Talo Community to help control the stray dog population with free sterilizations.

PATTAYA:-- Public Health Department veterinarians were out in the Khao Talo Community to help control the stray dog population with free sterilizations.

Dr. Kongkal Kedkosol took the lead at the Nov. 25 outreach hosted by neighborhood President Somkiat Dejpaiboon.

Street dogs live in various places in the Khao Talo area, their aggressive behavior, barking and waste causing problems to residents.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/khao-talo-tackles-soi-dog-problem-158326

PATTAYA MAIL 2016-12-16

20 hours ago, thequietman said:

Those wishing to contribute food – not cash – can call 089-936-8701.

I wonder what the cost is per dog.  I would give at least 10'000 baht for my village to do this, I would think that would pay for fifty dogs or so. I would give much more if I saw they were getting it done to all dogs on the street not just dogs with no owners. I love dogs and think this is and can be a very good program if they don't give the owners a choice other than keeping their dog on their own property or on a leash. Anything short of that will be a waste of time and money.

8 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

It just needs someone in authority to say that sterilising these soi dogs will keep tourists safe and benefit tourism and ...Voila!....budget found and problem solved in a flash.

Many tourists are bitten by dogs here. Seems they have a taste for 'aharn falang' ?

My frontage is abt 12 m. Once or twice a year Thai kids come off their motorbikes RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY PLACE after they have been chased by dogs. Won't calculate the cost to Thailand - and the death or two, or hundreds countrywide -

11 hours ago, DekDaeng said:

Many tourists are bitten by dogs here. Seems they have a taste for 'aharn falang' ?

My frontage is abt 12 m. Once or twice a year Thai kids come off their motorbikes RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY PLACE after they have been chased by dogs. Won't calculate the cost to Thailand - and the death or two, or hundreds countrywide -

Totally agree.  I have been saying this for years - based on my family's experience dogs are responsible for a significant number of accidents/deaths.  Until the Government grasp that packs of wild dogs are not tourist attractions, Thailand will continue to be the second most dangerous place in the World for road users.

I used to go jogging when staying on the Dark Side (East Pattaya) but it became too risky (scary even) when confronted by territorial soi dogs, who would not only chase me but determinedly attempt to bite my legs. My jog often became a sprint! Not a pleasant experience, but good for fitness :laugh: