NACC declares a Mahidol U official of being unusually rich

rooster59

NACC declares a Mahidol U official of being unusually rich

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4FsMBrvtKt5kLt6Rc441mTOYrT0mC9aVQ3r2zu.jpg

A financial official of Mahidol University has been declared unusually rich by the National Anti-Corruption Commission after it was discovered that she received about 29 million baht from a former senior revenue official earlier declared unusually wealthy.

NACC secretary-general Sansern Poljiak told the media on Friday that, in the course of the investigation into the ill-gotten gains amassed by Mr Suwat Charumaneerote, former senior revenue official, it was discovered that about 29 million baht had been transferred from Suwat’s bank account to two bank accounts of Mrs Tipapat Meka-amnuaychai, a financial and accountancy official at Mahidol University.

According to the NACC, Suwat had amassed about 597 million baht in ill-gotten gains and was declared unusually rich.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nacc-declares-mahidol-u-official-unusually-rich/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-12-17

16 minutes ago, debate101 said:

When more people are unusually rich than usually rich, is it still unusual?

Funny and of course an oxymoron.

But I think the term unusually rich compares expected savings levels against their salary and normal income levels, I mean, how does a person earning 1 million baht a year manage to have savings of 30 million baht, by age 35, without any form of investment audit trail!

13 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

Funny and of course an oxymoron.

But I think the term unusually rich compares expected savings levels against their salary and normal income levels, I mean, how does a person earning 1 million baht a year manage to have savings of 30 million baht, by age 35, without any form of investment audit trail!

I presume the law in Hong Kong hasn't changed much since my time there when the law on corruption and additional regulations for govt officers and selected others was / is very strict.

One charge was Having Assets In Excess Of Official Emoluments and defending it took a lot of very persuasive evidence so winnings from the horses etc didn't cut it,

Edited by NongKhaiKid

44 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Maybe just ' looking after it ' on behalf of a friend in the manner a certain general was looking after a large sum of money for the army.

No big suprises there as positions, relocations, graduations, passing scores, exmes, papers, masters degrees are up for bids.

"I was just looking after it",,,  Meatloaf,   "You took the words right out of my mouth"     Ahh wait  sec, not just my mouth but most people out there exept the likes of smedly, djjamie, haloween, etc.

Still hven't heard them defend that little nuget sucsessfully.

But wait there's more just the other day the headline was the PM has such a burden of tackeling corruption in the country... What the???

A former senior  tax man amassing nearly 600 million baht !

it does not take much imagination in how he  acquired such 

an amount of cash,and it was not through hard work,lets hope

they delve into who paid him.and look into their tax payments.

regards worgeordie

Has anyone noticed that all of the people who are being investigated are former officials? Does anyone know if any officials in the current administration, or in the army or police are currently being charged? Easy to go after your political enemies. Far more challenging, and far more honest and righteous and fair, to go after your own people, who are guilty of corruption. To close to home perhaps?

6 hours ago, debate101 said:

When more people are unusually rich than usually rich, is it still unusual?

What yardstick do they use to declare someone unusually rich? Oh sorry his bank books tell he tale. How silly he should have said gold only no paper trail. I prefer gold to paper anyways. 

12 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Maybe just ' looking after it ' on behalf of a friend in the manner a certain general was looking after a large sum of money for the army.

Perhaps you have to use friends to look after it if you've not got gardeners, drivers and maids!