Authorities reassess strategy to arrest Dhammachayo now

rooster59

Authorities reassess strategy to arrest Dhammachayo now

By Piyanuch Tamnukasetchai, 
Anan Wichitpracha 
The Sunday Nation

65671d6d934de3431c3e57eac59c0ef6-sld.jpeg

Phra Sanitwong Wuthiwangso, public relations director of the Dhammakaya Temple, talks to reporters at the temple yesterday.

Given report that extremist disciplines may cut themselves if temple raided 

National security agencies have ordered a rethink on the strategy to search Dhammakaya Temple for fugitive former abbot Phra Dhamma-chayo, a source at the Justice Ministry said yesterday.

Authorities would take a step back and examine “weak points” in the plan before proceeding, the source said. An initial four-day search warrant for the temple in Pathum Thani’s Klong Luang district expired on Friday.

Full story:  http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30302327

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-12-18

By the look of things, it seems that the authorities doesn't have a viable and workable strategy with good exit to minimize casualties, not by force anyway, that ship has sailed long time a go, the best way will be to shutdown all financial and banking activities of the temple and it's leaders and freeze their accounts while denying basic services and utilities until such time they will let the authorities do their job....

"Yesterday, Dhammakaya Temple’s media relations officer Phra Sanitwong Wuttiwangso dismissed claims of such an extreme plan of action as untrue."

So it looks like the threat of self harm was made up by the authorities,as an excuse to do nothing",

so now it looks like its going to be plan  G,

regards worgeordie

13 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Noticeable how big gobs in the NCPO are mysteriously silent on this.....

Safety First perhaps so still ' not meddling ' and leaving it to the relevant agencies ?

A lack of leadership, not upsetting vested interests etc ? Absolutely Not !

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Authorities would take a step back and examine “weak points” in the plan before proceeding, the source said.

Remove the word "plan" since there's none

As for the weakness, it doesn't seem to come from "points"

6 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

' Reassess strategy ', is that a euphemism for thinking up new excuses for continued inaction ?

The authorities have allowed this situation to get to where it is and it reflects no credit on them whatsoever.

This lot have more stories than an after dinner speaker.

5 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

It is always good to re-assess the reassessments in order to assess the viability of reassessing any reassessments that need to be assessed in order to assess how those reassessments were assessed.:w00t:

Sorry, but you've got it assessed-about-face. 

Time is running out -- only 14 years and 358 days until the statute of limitations is enforced (which appears to be the only law that will be enforced in this case).

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

By the look of things, it seems that the authorities doesn't have a viable and workable strategy with good exit to minimize casualties, not by force anyway, that ship has sailed long time a go, the best way will be to shutdown all financial and banking activities of the temple and it's leaders and freeze their accounts while denying basic services and utilities until such time they will let the authorities do their job....

i would have probably said the same a week or so ago but now looking at it i think all it would accomplish is 1000+ monks on hunger strike.. an absolute PR disaster for thailand on the world stage, not to mention the obvious human tragedy

5 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

It is always good to re-assess the reassessments in order to assess the viability of reassessing any reassessments that need to be assessed in order to assess how those reassessments were assessed.:w00t:

Somtaminication, could you summarise with a summary of the main points in your summarisation

Edited by smedly

37 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

i would have probably said the same a week or so ago but now looking at it i think all it would accomplish is 1000+ monks on hunger strike.. an absolute PR disaster for thailand on the world stage, not to mention the obvious human tragedy

Why would it be a tragedy, it would only be a tragedy if any of the monks took the starvation to the extreme and if any were doing that their is always force feeding 

7 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

' Reassess strategy ', is that a euphemism for thinking up new excuses for continued inaction ?

The authorities have allowed this situation to get to where it is and it reflects no credit on them whatsoever.

Agree. I suspect it's just delaying tactics, or  just a bluff.

IMHO if any followers do 'cut' themselves then I don't believe they could convince any serious investigation that their 'cut' was justified.

In fact I suggest it would be interesting to ask these 'cutters' (if it happened) to explain in detail why they support the rogue, now removed, thieving monk (who already has a history) and why, in detail, they believe it's OK to ignore and/or break numerous laws of Thailand, laws which are standard in any country in the world to build and maintain a civil society. And also why they think it's all OK to steal hard earned money from the poor depositors to the credit union. And ask if the followers believe the philosophies of this monk / temple are aligned with the principal teachings of the buddha.

4 minutes ago, yardrunner said:

Why would it be a tragedy, it would only be a tragedy if any of the monks took the starvation to the extreme and if any were doing that their is always force feeding 

And if that really happened, an inquiry to see whether (given the whole scenario) a hunger strike is even aligned to this case or is a beat up by a group of immoral monks and followers.

47 minutes ago, smedly said:

Somtaminication, could you summarise with a summary of the main points in your summarisation

But before that please outline the main content areas of you investigation, with appropriate flow, before making a summary. 

1 hour ago, GeorgeCross said:

1,000+ monks on hunger strike...no problem. Have at it.

17 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

A PR disaster?  Hardly.  Any good media spokesman for the government could easliy turn it around and lay the blame squarely at the feet of the 'abbot' and the rest of the cult.

As for 'human disaster', again, HARDLY.  Especially if said 'human tragedy' is SELF INFLICTED.  And for what purpose?  The support of a CRIMINAL.  Not a tragedy at all.  Just a bunch of brain dead cultists.

2 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

If the world has been following this saga, they would undoubtedly be wondering why the police are not doing the job they are paid to do and would feel no sympathy whatsoever for so-called monks going on hunger strike to support a criminal in their ranks.