Blurred Vision After Pink Eye

akirasan

Lucky me, I got pink eye for the first time after a recent trip to Laos.  I'm now back in Thailand.

After being my own google doctor for 3 days I finally went to what I assume was a real doctor and after making some disapproving noises he gave me 3 lots of tablets and some drops.

I assume it was caused by a virus based on the amount of pills he gave me.

Now after 2 weeks the swelling has gone and my eyes are back to their normal colour but I have incredibly blurry vision in my left eye.  My right eye is fine.

After being a google doctor once again I can see this is normal but the level of blurriness and sensitivity to light does worry me.  It seems to be getting better by a small amount each day.

So my question is, does anyone know anything about this?  Is it worth going back to the doctor?  I've finished the course of medication that he gave me.  

I live out in the sticks and have a clinic and a hospital to choose from.  

Never take a chance with the eyes. I got hit my a bug once. Bullseye.  Got drops then got different drops. Blurry after about a week. Went to a local hospital. The Dr looked at it. Looked normal. Decided to test the vision. 90 loss of visual acuity. Immediate referral to an ophthalmologist.

The ophthalmologist examined me. Had by eye projected onto a big screen. Looked like a stained glass window with a bullet hole in it.

I asked him if it would return to normal. He said he hoped so. But that I had waited to long to see him. He also through all the meds I had into the bin. 

Never second guess when it comes to your eyes.

I'm a retired physician.  I knew better......I was lucky it returned to normal.

If it's worth a trip to Bangkok, Rutnin Eye Institute has an excellent reputation, easily accessible from the Petchabury MRT station...about a 15 minute walk from Asok BTS.  

Appointment is recommended but you can walk in as well...just be prepared for a possibly long wait.

Both Ophthalmologists I've seen there had training in the U.S.

I recently took my GF there for a comprehensive eye exam and the total cost was B1300.

http://www.rutnin.com/eng/appointment.php

You absolutely need an ophtalmologist.  I had viral conjunctivitis in both eyes  15 years ago and was given steroid drops at the Moorfield eye hospital in London.  They told me it's a dilemma because they're very effective but hard to wean off of.  In the US I couldn't even get an eye doctor to renew my prescription (the irony... given what drug pushers they turned out to be).  I still take lighter drops several times a week now.  Every time I cut them out completely, my vision turns very blurry after a month.  The cause is scar tissue on the eye lens.  From what I understood, this is more manageable/temporary if you took non-steroid medication.

Either way, you definitely need a proper eye doctor.

• 3 months later...

Archived