Would you pay new car price for a used car?

watcharacters

On 12/20/2016 at 0:15 PM, KMartinHandyman said:

Twice not so long ago I bought display items from a reputable chain and paid full price. I must admit I was a little surprised there was no negotiating a floor model discount. Each item could've been ordered and received within days so I guess it made sense that the merchant held the price. If you buy it he has no display to encourage orders and has to buy another one to put back on display. Each item looked not too old and came with the box, instructions, warranty and all the miscellaneous parts and pieces.
Luckily so far so good as my wife would have preferred to order them new.

@ KMartin

"came with the box, instructions, warranty and all the miscellaneous parts and pieces."

That would have been nice but we weren't offered that luxury.   

I'm unclear as to what you mean with "Each item could've been ordered and received within days so I guess it made sense that the merchant held the price".

Good your purchase worked well for you.

On 12/21/2016 at 8:48 AM, Berkshire said:

So you're not really talking about used cars per se?  As for department stores, I'd imagine that the customer service folks would have very little latitude to offer discounts on anything.  If you're talking a little mom and pop store, then of course the owner can discount anything he/she wants. 

2 hours ago, watcharacters said:

@ KMartin

"came with the box, instructions, warranty and all the miscellaneous parts and pieces."

That would have been nice but we weren't offered that luxury.   

I'm unclear as to what you mean with "Each item could've been ordered and received within days so I guess it made sense that the merchant held the price".

Good your purchase worked well for you.

Yes easily one of the most major department stores.   I would never mention the name as I  don't  want to go to jail for describing a service failure.    I respect Thailand's draconian  slander laws and I wish   supporters of it  enjoy how it works.    TIT ya..

On 12/20/2016 at 9:41 PM, amjamj said:

What kind of guy shows Merc to his GF and let her drive an Isuzu ???

She is a real farm girl and loves her Isuzu pickup and definitely did not want a Merc.

She said rude things (in Thai) about Merc drivers.