Granddad to the rescue as Sri Racha toddler saved from locked pick-up!

webfact

Granddad to the rescue as Sri Racha toddler saved from locked pick-up!

a6.jpg

Picture: Daily News

SRI RACHA: -- Granddad came to the rescue after a one year old toddler got stuck in a pick-up yesterday in Sri Racha.

Phiaw Yiang Thai rescue foundation were called to a house in Bo Win sub-district by mum Waranya Namsrinuan, 28, after one year old Orm locked himself in, reports Daily News.

The recue workers tried for a full twenty minutes but couldn't manage to open the doors.

So granddad Phaiboon Jaengsuk, 51, stepped up to the plate. Worried that his grandson might suffocate he grabbed a hammer and smashed the rear passenger side window to get Orm out.

p66.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The boy had been fading fast.

Phaiboon said that he had left a door open after washing the pick-up and naughty little Orm had climbed in and started playing in the driver's seat. He reckoned he must have pressed the central door lock and imprisoned himself in the vehicle.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-19

Twenty minutes of what.. trying to protect his truck
I think twenty seconds would have been too long,  break the glass without a second wasted would have been better.
I think hero grand dad was thinking more about precious truck then his precious grandson, only when he couldn't open the door after repeated attempts did he resort to breakage!!

44 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I think twenty seconds would have been too long,  break the glass without a second wasted would have been better.
I think hero grand dad was thinking more about precious truck then his precious grandson, only when he couldn't open the door after repeated attempts did he resort to breakage!!

You farang do not underestand, in Thailand a car is more important than a toddler.

1 hour ago, lungnorm said:

The rescue service needs a couple of ex car thieves on their staff for covering situations like this. Autoclub in Aussie would have it open in 3secs.

Yes,  Timpsons (UK) amongst other things (so called) locksmiths claim to recruit over 10% ex cons 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/10266250/Timpson-has-key-to-giving-ex-convicts-second-chance.html

Nearly as good as Gerald Ratner's "THE SPEECH THAT COST NEARLY A BILLION DOLLARS"

On 20/12/2016 at 10:52 AM, hotchilli said:

Maybe 20 minutes of trying to avoid showering his grandson with shattered glass shards came into his decision also.