Unusual Way to do Business

cracker1

Early in December 3BB had problems delivering services to me on Samui, for about 4 days. A couple of weeks after service was reconnected I received their normal monthly account (963 TB) and wrote and asked them to issue a new one and credit it with the days of "Non delivery of Service".

They did not argue about it but instead of applying a credit of about 100 baht (due I think) they said I should come to their office in Chaweng and complete a claim document ?

I told them that the Taxi fare from my home to their office was about 500 baht each way and would they consider re-reimbursing me for this ? They said they would send one of their staff to my home with the document and although they failed to keep the first two appointments made, they did eventually manage it.

Seems they made a simple process complicated, probably because of their love of "Paperwork"

Must have been hundred's of customers affected like me ? Anyone else have problems lodging their claim ?

That's just a normal Thai way of doing things.

I have always wondered why I need to take photos to every 90 day check in, what do they do with them? They don't use them to identify me(otherwise they would know who I was when i went in). Maybe they just think I change my appearance dramatically every 3 months.

Especially confusing when the one picture they do use to identify me(my passport) is 7 years old.

3 minutes ago, ljd1308 said:

I have always wondered why I need to take photos to every 90 day check in, what do they do with them? They don't use them to identify me(otherwise they would know who I was when i went in). Maybe they just think I change my appearance dramatically every 3 months.

Especially confusing when the one picture they do use to identify me(my passport) is 7 years old.

I have never had to produce a pic. doing my 90 day check in.

1 hour ago, Chao Lao Beach said:

100baht = $2.78usd

Are you finding Thailand stressful yet?

There are plenty of western sitcom episodes or movie themes based on dealing with customer service or officialdom in the west. Hardly a problem unique to Thailand and probably designed in part to discourage petty claims. Of course many farang are obsessed with saving face ... usually described as "it's the principle, not the money." 

And I would add that for most issues involving customer service, I find 3BB to be excellent and positively responsive.

customer service.jpg

Edited by Suradit69

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

I have never had to produce a pic. doing my 90 day check in.

Yes, never had to submit a photo for 90 day report and for at least a couple of years no paperwork at all ... just hand in the passport, staple in the new notice and on my way. 

I have always wondered why I need to take photos to every 90 day check in, what do they do with them? 

Rather a leap to compare putting photos on a 90 day report application, which is definitely not the norm in most offices, and applying for a refund from an Internet service.

Some farang seem blind to the irrational ways of officialdom in their own countries and suddenly the scales fall from their eyes when something similar happens in Thailand.

That's just a "normal farang way" of viewing things through xenophobic lenses ... for some farang at least.

Edited by Suradit69

23 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Yes, never had to submit a photo for 90 day report and for at least a couple of years no paperwork at all ... just hand in the passport, staple in the new notice and on my way. 

Rather a leap to compare putting photos on a 90 day report application, which is definitely not the norm in most offices, and applying for a refund from an Internet service.

Some farang seem blind to the irrational ways of officialdom in their own countries and suddenly the scales fall from their eyes when something similar happens in Thailand.

That's just a "normal farang way" of viewing things through xenophobic lenses ... for some farang at least.

Don't have to give a photo for 90 day checkin at Phuket Immigration but have to fill out the 'Personal Form.  "So I have to fill this thing out every time."  "Yes.  Here is a blank form.  Fill it out at home and just photo copy it every 90 days."  "OK by me."  I wonder if they have shredder in the back room or just a huge 'round file'  where they put the day's pile of unnecessary paper accumulated in the day.

For heavens's sake your mentality is still in farangland- you can claim if your bus/ train is a few minutes late- or if your internet drops below the claimed speed - there are small claim courts to deal with these horrendous problems. 

Lighten up- enjoy your life- of course this might be total fabrication ( bit of a problem on TV. - when you need to be a bit selective on the hard luck stories)

Sounds like you are busting their chops and they are returning the favor...

I think service outages be it electric, water, internet are just par for the course. Do you keep track of how many minutes your electric goes out for in a month? 

Maybe they should just drop your account and let you find another service... and if you keep it up, by the end of the year, nobody will deal with you... 

13 hours ago, ljd1308 said:

This also.is just a normal way of Thai doing things.  In this instance we are looking at the (normal for Thailand) situation of every government office making up its own rules and its own way of applying a procedure instead of simply following the procedures set ny the ministry head office in BKK which is what happens in most other countries.  Weird but what other options do we have except to move house to an area where they follow head office procedure;  until next month when they suddenly don't!!!

Good on you op for taking them to task. I wished I'd have done the same when ours was down for a week or more, not necessarily for the money, more so that enough people complain and they focus on providing a decent service. I'm all for lower stress etc, but expecting things to fail here, and 'TiT' etc, holds the place back.

I tried to close my 3B account and since I showed up on the day the bill was due , they refused to stop service because I was already using that month 

I was told that I should have come in early to terminate service and I would still have to pay for the full month because I was " late "

Horrible company to deal with,  never again

21 hours ago, Chao Lao Beach said:

100baht = $2.78usd

Are you finding Thailand stressful yet?

I ask the guy at Bangkok Bank for a tax cert. it was for 50thb ... he said you want one for that amount ... I said if you were walking along and saw a 50thb note on the floor would you walk past or pic it up.

4 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

I tried to close my 3B account and since I showed up on the day the bill was due , they refused to stop service because I was already using that month 

I was told that I should have come in early to terminate service and I would still have to pay for the full month because I was " late "

Horrible company to deal with,  never again

Been using 3BB for 4 years.   Always had great service.

In my opinion one of the better companies I've had to deal with.

On 20/12/2016 at 8:14 PM, kenk24 said:

I think service outages be it electric, water, internet are just par for the course. Do you keep track of how many minutes your electric goes out for in a month? 

I live in Jomtien. My water has only gone off once in 5 years, and my electricity rarely goes off for more than a few minutes once or twice a year, except perhaps when they schedule cable replacements which are normally announced well in advance.

As for my internet connection, I also would expect to get a refund for any time over which it doesn't work. It has nothing to do with the money or "saving face" as one poster put it. It's simply a matter of principle in exactly the same as I would not expect to pay in a restaurant for something I had ordered but never received. It's not even as if my internet connection here is cheaper than it would be in Europe: it isn't. And in Europe my connection would not be throttled internationally as it is here.