American found with slashed neck in Phuket rental room

webfact

20 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

it is possible. a friend of my father's slashed his own throat in Australia, he was a surgeon so obviously knew how to do it.

As i said few weeks ago i knew a guy that done it while in a car with a hospital driver on his way to hospital for mental health problems.

There was a guy also done it yesterday in a shop in the UK, it was in the news he done it with razor blades from the shop.

Lot of big veins and arteries in your neck and the force the body pumps out blood you would die in seconds if you cut one.

23 hours ago, MalandLee said:

Very sad ending to this man''s life, "overstay", lack of money, etc...

<SNIP>“The friend said the deceased visa had expired a year ago and he had been overstaying ever since. He also told us that his friend had asked his embassy for help and was given advice on the documents he needed to provide but he did not have enough money to get his paperwork processed and pay for the visa,”

An all to familiar story, sadly!!

My condolences to family & friends...

land of smile can become a nightmare....We all (foreigners) need to wisely use our money. Plan things ahead. RIP amigo.

20 hours ago, bokningar said:

I have trouble to understand a slashed throat, it is the slashed NECK I don't get.

You might need a bit of help on that one......

A box cutter would easily be sharp enough to open your right carotid artery, which is located just below the surface of your neck.    Open that up and you'd bleed out very quick.

12 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Everytime I hear stories like this I keep coming back to the notion that Farangs in Thailand should be setting up some voluntary organisation to help in cases such as this. Suicide seem to be some people's only option the way they see it......all because of the lack of a small sum of money. For support if nothing else....even a phone line like the Samaritans.

Of course the work permit to do this is another story.

I have been saying the same thing for years ,it's about time all these organizations that give to all these foundations such as Fr Ray etc to help Thai's,started helping their own people,maybe no permit required if it is a Voluntary Organisation.

Most Thai's don't give a rats about Farangs,unless they are getting something off them,and then you see the Thai coward bouncers in a group beating up one guy on Walking Street,disgusting <deleted> of their race. TIT.

On 21/12/2016 at 5:44 PM, bokningar said:

I usually don't question death's and how they happen, but how do you get enough force to slash your neck?

Troth, wrists sure possible, but this, the NECK!?

Any how RIP. 

I think this is just a Google translation from Thai.  Neck and throat are the same word in Thai - Khor.

On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 10:24 PM, taichiplanet said:

it is possible. a friend of my father's slashed his own throat in Australia, he was a surgeon so obviously knew how to do it.

I'm suire there will be Information on the Internet If one so fdisposed chose to look.

The cartoid artery Is easy to locate, not deep, and when that's slasjhed, easy with a boxcutter, It would be over very qiickly.

It would be a terrifying final 30 seconds or so

Unable to edit typos.

Edited by F4UCorsair
spellcheck edit attempt

On 22/12/2016 at 11:44 AM, Peterw42 said:

I agree, What about a dedicated forum here on Thaivisa, keeping the black dog at bay, sharing experiences, your not alone etc. It would need monitoring and moderation by some people with a knowledge of psychology etc. 

Yes I agree but in line with an old stydy of psycholoy I read abot 20 years ago in a blind group of 200 people with problems, and who were fed through a series of therapists. Pscyhiatrists, psychologists, social workers and ordinary people off the street. The results reflected not training but a personality type. Warm and sympathetic with good listening skills.

Its important that there is "someone" there, who can listen and respond with sympathy or empathy. I have done of a lot of telephone "psychology" and been very successful at it, utilising these same dynamics. Not completely untrained, but more importantly keeping in mind the same dynamics.

Re-empowering people who felt they had lost control.

I think that there is a certain lack of feeling which is quite predominant in Thailand, and makes people in a crisis feel desperate.

A servicee of this type is needed for people in this crisis.

Edited by Maggusoil