Baht bus route signs new?

wpcoe

Are these stickers with route numbers and origin/destination something new, or have I just been oblivious to them?  Today I noticed them for the first time, and they seem to be on 75% of the buses:

a.jpg

Edited by wpcoe

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

As of tonight on Beach Road, 90% of bahtbus had it.

- Route 5 : Naklua - Na Jomtien
- Route 6 : South Pattaya - Naklua

We now need to find a map with the (at least) 6 different routes...

Route 7:  North Pattaya - Jomtien

That will make the folks at the east end of Jomtien Beach Rd happy. Most buses do a u-turn at Chiaypruk. I used to stay at Soi 19 and it usually meant a km walk to get a bus in. Hopefully the increase fare is only up to 20b. Every couple of weeks I like going from Jomtien to the Naklea Fish Market for live shrimp. Most times it take 2 buses each way. This seems to indicate only 1 will be required.

2 hours ago, pegman said:

That will make the folks at the east end of Jomtien Beach Rd happy. Most buses do a u-turn at Chiaypruk. I used to stay at Soi 19 and it usually meant a km walk to get a bus in. Hopefully the increase fare is only up to 20b. Every couple of weeks I like going from Jomtien to the Naklea Fish Market for live shrimp. Most times it take 2 buses each way. This seems to indicate only 1 will be required.

OMG !

Once again, Pattaya's leaders show 21st century forward thinking and social responsibility, working for the good of the community, in providing affordable public transport, now with clear bilingual route signs. Residents of Phuket will be gnashing their teeth in a fit of jealousy.

7 hours ago, pegman said:

I'm not sure that a sign indicates a change in the routes of the buses.  The baht bus availability past Soi Chaiyapruek was a big factor in my decision to not consider any condos at that end of Jomtien Beach Road.  There have always been *some* buses that went down to Na Jomtien.  For the sake of people living down there, I hope there is an increase in them, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  If not, at least when they are ready to return from Pattaya they can now discern which buses will go there and which won't.

11 hours ago, wpcoe said:

Route 7:  North Pattaya - Jomtien

Route 7 seems to start on Pattaya Nua (the road with dolphins on the lamposts) outside Best Supermarket. Up past Makro and the bus station, turn right onto Sukumhvit then.....?

i asked the gf about this yesterday and she told me that the signs were always there on the sides of the buses but in the language of the country that we chose to live in, but are toooo stupid to be able to read it.(for what i think is the majority of us that are expats but still cannot read ans write thai)   now we get get the english translation for the tourists.

24 minutes ago, champers said:

Route 7 seems to start on Pattaya Nua (the road with dolphins on the lamposts) outside Best Supermarket. Up past Makro and the bus station, turn right onto Sukumhvit then.....?

Did you see a Route 7 baht bus going east on Pattaya Nua?  The one I saw:

a.jpg

was passing the bus I was on just departing the baht bus queue at the Pattaya Tai/Second Road corner (by the school) heading toward Jomtien.  It was in the right-most lane heading toward Jomtien so assumed it had turned right off of Pattaya Tai coming from Walking Street.

Sudden thought:  What's to say the drivers will stick to the route on the sign on the bus?  :mellow:

There were 3 parked up waiting for passengers. All had the banner North Pattaya Jomtien. A lot of people go to the bus station from there and it has always been a good place to hire one for a day or just a couple of hours at a pre-agreed price. Don't know if this would still be allowed, but money talks so my guess is it will still be possible.

Edited by champers

Is this the same route number that was already on the side of the cab doors? 
Finally somebody saw sense and put it where it's better seen

On the 'old' sign on the side of the bus the one I always see seem to be the one from Charoenratpattana Village (Whereever that is) to Na Jomtien

13 hours ago, pegman said:

I stay in Jomtien soi 19 as well when I come over and getting to or from Metro can be a long waiting time.... so Route 7 (from pattaya to jomtien) is supposed to go the end of beach road, without turning left at the police box ? Wow that would be an improvement as you said. There always was a good possibily when more than 1 person remained seated when approaching Chiaypruk, chances are he would stay on beach rd .... So from now on, when I take a baht bus at the pattaya second road stand (at the school) I now have to look at the sticker indicating route 7 ? :)

Nothing on 2nd road? 

Coming down from North/Jomtien, looks like a change and Klang unless you want a detour up to Sukhumvit

Going back up north means 3rd road, with a whole stretch of 2nd road and north road unserviced? (okay there's the 7 that comes down on North road from Suk, but that change at 3rd/North could mean a long wait and if there are going queues of empty bus on the road there... as drastic change to traffic landscape 

There really ought to be a smaller circle along 2nd and beach road with all change at central road junction if they want to make more money... with all the destinations along 2nd road and upcoming Terminal 21, the area looks under served.

Unless it's back to the old ways in a couple of weeks

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Egads ... :shock1:

So they're stopping service there?

That's been such an excellent route for so many, including me.

From TODAY there will be NO MORE baht bus service in either direction anywhere on Soi Buakhao. 

According to the motaxi drivers and local shopkeepers this is a council decision implemented from today and is permanent.

1 minute ago, 007cableguy said:

From TODAY there will be NO MORE baht bus service in either direction anywhere on Soi Buakhao. 

According to the motaxi drivers and local shopkeepers this is a council decision implemented from today and is permanent.

HORRIBLE!:post-4641-1156693976:

So if people are there and want to go south, they need to walk all the way to Beach road to get a bus south?

What are they thinking?

Did they actually talk to people that are frequent users? 

Edited by Jingthing

How is it some of the routes don't come back to their point of departure as in a circular fashion. Do they retrace and go in the opposite direction back to the start. The ones going along beach road cannot retrace for obvious reasons. That's why they go along second road presently. Or are they also changing the one way system.

A completely confused

Den