Concrete road

After New Year I am seriously thinking about putting concrete on the small soi I live in.

Obviously not by myself but paying a local company to do it, or should I say my wife paying a company to do it.  WP's and all that.

Has anyone out there done it to their Soi and what was the local government office reaction if any?

Only a water pipe down each side of the Soi next to the walls.

Obviously I wouldn't concrete over them.

I am aware of all these sort of things.

The only questions I'm asking are

1 Has anyone out there done it?

2 If they have what was the reaction of the local gov' office?

3 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Approach the local government office and request they do it is probably a good starting point.

They turned a grass track into a concrete road for my Thai relations at a very reasonable cost.

For 10 years they have been telling my wife next year, next year next year.

Does that sound familiar to anyone?

2 minutes ago, steve187 said:

they have a limited budget, so things jump the queue, if you were willing to pay all or a large portion of the cost, i am sure you could reach the  front of the queue

It may come to that to be honest.

They do seem to have enough to put very fancy street lights in some areas that make it easier to see the litter on the grass verges.

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

my  MIL is in the same boat, she lives a fair way down a small soi, which in the rainy season gets very soggy, same excuse you are the only one that lives there.

Yep, and when you hear that you just know anything further from you is going to be a waste of breath and effort.

The Soi is on the gov' map and was at sometime in the past well tarmac' done.

Now is starting to pot hole a bit and just gets worse every rainy season.

Not sure but I reckon 4 inches of concrete with steel mesh is cheaper than redoing the original.

Edited by overherebc

I thought I read somewhere that once there is houses with addresses on the road and house books issuedthey were supposed to tarmac it ,possibly need to be a certain number of houses first,I am going to have this same problem in 6 months when my building is finished.

27 minutes ago, taninthai said:

I thought I read somewhere that once there is houses with addresses on the road and house books issuedthey were supposed to tarmac it ,possibly need to be a certain number of houses first,I am going to have this same problem in 6 months when my building is finished.

It will probably differ in different places. 

My area says 5 and all must have people in them.