Thai education is better than in the West

pattayalover

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u are truly an idiot!!!...but then your name, "Pattayalover" says it all, doesn't it!...u obviously did not have a good education...your English is atrocious!!!

it is not the job of schools to teach us "to care about others" , nor to "think for the group or help others"...that is the job of PARENTS...

u say "Thai education is based on respect"...pls show me just how much "respect" helps in getting a bridge built or a doctor/nurse to help a sick or injured person or a lawyer to aid someone who has victimized by the police!!!

I will admit that Thai kids are probably more respectful than American kids...but what does that really mean when they are allowed to graduate with a diploma and can't even add 3471 plus 8203 without a calculator???

Get a life!!!

Whilst I agree with practically everything written above, I would like to say to DSJPC that he is extremely rude.  I would assume that PattayaLover isn't a native English speaker.  If that is the case, his English is quite good and better than some of the native speakers on here.

I can only address education in the USA...and yes, there has been a significant decline in standards...the goal of the decline has been to eliminate the obvious and real differences that exisit among individuals and between groups, in regards to the influence of intelligence...policy makers as well as the media contend that intelligence doesn't matter to be successful in real life...you often hear people talk about "common sense" or street smarts...the empircal truth is that intelligence predicts most real world outcomes better than any other variable...the issue is that certain groups (e.g., blacks in general and women in some aspects) are less smart than other groups, on average...consequently, in order to mask these obvious differences, schools have become so lax that everyone gets a passing grade...when these lax standards are complimented by affirmative action programs and policies that "protect" the "disenfranchised",  professions are overrun with people who are simply ineffective...I tend to think the "loss of face" issue here in Thailand makes for pretty poor education...the OP seems to be impressed with manners...but I'll take a rude attorney/teacher/doctor who knows his/her job over a polite idiot anyday...

2 hours ago, Saastrajaa said:

EVERY post by this clown is a troll post...do a quick search through his "content".  He posts ridiculous and controversial things and then acts surprised and gets argumentative when people disagree.  The very definition of "troll".

He thrives on the attention and arguments...ignore him and he will go away.

So very true BIG JOKE

Thai Visa should censor these people and block them out, after all Thai Visa very good at Censorship !! !!  !!

Edited by al007

52 minutes ago, haybilly said:

Ditto... This post is obviously written after one too many Christmas drinks. Decent quality of education can be found in Thailand but it costs a significant amount of money.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT, and very astute;  the RIGHT grades are very easily achieved with the RIGHT payments to the RIGHT people

RIGHT YES  !!  !!  !!  !!  !!!

22 hours ago, pattayalover said:

Public school

Anyway in the west (usa), clueless parents say borrow money and study as hard as you can.

After some guys wrote here they can think out of the box.

You don't think out of the box when you borrow 100k for tuition fees to finish cashier in a Mac Donald or join the church of scientology lol.

where in america did you grow up education was nothing like this where i grew up in america,  long island NY  and why do you have to borrow a 100k, i bought prepaid college programs for my kids at 5k each one runs his own hedge fund ( rated # 10 this year by barclays 25k buy in)  and the other is starting a job in bangkok next year for HSBC, maybe it was your upbringing  ,, or are you from a red state,, i dont know anyone who raised their kids to act the way you suggest in this post or your original op  maybe its just the people ive decided to let into my life that has blinded me from your experience,,,,,,, and my brothers kids did night school working at day jobs and now have master degrees, no debt

your generalizations are a bit angry to say the least, what went wrong in your life ??

22 hours ago, pattayalover said:

Public school

Anyway in the west (usa), clueless parents say borrow money and study as hard as you can.

After some guys wrote here they can think out of the box.

You don't think out of the box when you borrow 100k for tuition fees to finish cashier in a Mac Donald or join the church of scientology lol.

thaivisa you really need to fix the response feature,, too many times it doesnt update as efficiently as it did before the upgrade / fix

Edited by MANFROMBOCA
duplicate

One of the most misguided posts I've ever seen on TVF.Thought for a moment it was April 1st not Christmas Day. Obviously the OP is very easily fooled and can buy this bridge that I own in California. I'll sell it to him cheap.

My wife's a teacher and she herself is disgusted with the local education standards. Like everything else in the this country, they talk big about what they intend to do but never get around to doing it. Also the teachers spend most of their time filling in forms and attending meetings than actually teaching. I could go on.

Every Thai you have met!   Sorry to say every independent report written in Thailand, that I have read by Thai and foreigners dispute your personal conclusion for the public school system.  

A simple test.. next time you meet one give them a simple math question like 4x4=?  you will have to wait for them to get a calculator but of course they will be polite and respectful asking you to wait while they get one.

Totally Off Topic, but when did these 'Suggested' Posts start to appear in Topics/Posts?? Is this the result of a new policy?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

I am assuming this is some new way to increase the revenue generated, and it's enough for me to sign off.

On 12/26/2016 at 1:55 AM, Alphy said:

Whoever wrote this baloney must be living under a rock and I am speaking armed with complete knowledge and experience. 

Exactly,  "living under a rock", or on a Pattaya bar stool. Wise up OP pattayalover.

14 minutes ago, Chuckles78 said:

My young son can already speak four languages. Three from school and one from us. 

I only spoke one at his age. 

your point is?

i speak one language, does that make me less well educated than a thai, or anyone else, who can speak two or more languages? does that make the education system in my country second to the education system in thailand? i think not.

17 hours ago, samsensam said:

your point is?

i speak one language, does that make me less well educated than a thai, or anyone else, who can speak two or more languages? does that make the education system in my country second to the education system in thailand? i think not.

You are jumping the gun a bit.

My point is Thai education is not all bad. I think a good education depends on many factors. From the school, the curriculum, the teachers, the student and the parents.

Chuckles78 has a very valid point. 

Regarding the UK schools, they vary massively on quality of teachings from place to place. Paying for education in the UK is much like Thailand in that the parent expects the child to receive a greater level of education, to achieve in life at a higher level and be schooled with other well to do kids/families which should serve them well later in life. 

The quality of schooling in Thailand has such a broad spectrum it's pretty ignorant to suggest that ALL institutions in Thailand are Piss poor and conversely, kind of shines the light on the quality of the education the person making such a broad stroke statement has received themselves....