Ex-Wham singer George Michael dies

webfact

1 hour ago, DM07 said:

Really?

It is of importance, if he died of AIDS or "only" a heart- attack?

I for one, don't give two hot 5h!ts!

He was a talented singer and I liked a lot of his music!

I understand, that there are different tastes, but I would not go on a threat of Justin Bieber's death and tell everybody, what I think about his dumb songs!

What kind of a sad life must one lead, to come on this thread and have nothing better to do, that to 5h1t over the mans legacy and gloat about any speculative sickness, he might have died off!

Really pathetic!

Views expressed privately or among friends in this digital era come back to haunt the purportrators with alarming frequency these days.

Rip George; Your death was untimely but not a complete surprise.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An incredibly talented musician and gifted song writer. Unfortunately too many will remember and judge him on his private life. His music was excellent, and many of the lyrics he wrote reflect the turmoil and sadness in his own life.

I always thought this an incredible powerful live performance when he hooked up with Elton John. I don't get tired of listening to both of them sing this version. The unexpected entrance by Elton is concert magic.

19 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I don't know if this already has been posted (if so sorry), but absolutely brilliant "Car Pool Karaoke" with George Michael and James Corden

I bet Smithy will treasure this video 

As a teenager growing up in the 80s UK Wham and George Micheal was the Dogz, how many girls did you get the last dance with and pull at the club... Great memories and some great holidays/times as a 'Young Gun' who went for it.

Anyone who can pen lyrics like Careless Whisper on top deck of a London bus as a 16 year old is due RESPECT

R I P

11 hours ago, berybert said:

He was far from healthy . He almost died a few years ago from pneumonia.

As for drugs. Doesn't seem to have done Keith Richards to much harm.

That's because keith has swallowed so much alcohol he is actually embalmed.

3 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I only criticized pop. I was still buying music. But the 80's were an unfortunate era across the board. Bad hair, bad clothes, bad cars, and lots of bad music.

It was the 1970s which produced the really bad music with the Super Groups, Prog Rock and pompous Concept Albums. The fans of all this junk are to be found still alive with pony tails and other bad fashion kinks slumped in certain bars scattered around Pattaya. Fortunately punk rock ripped into all that pretension and then Wham! another burst of fresh air to clean things out a bit more. Pure Pop: Long may it live. And who is today's standard bearer? IMHO Taylor Swift.

Edited by SheungWan

12 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

It was the 1970s which produced the really bad music with the Super Groups, Prog Rock and pompous Concept Albums. The fans of all this junk are to be found still alive with pony tails and other bad fashion kinks slumped in certain bars scattered around Pattaya. Fortunately punk rock ripped into all that pretension and then Wham! another burst of fresh air to clean things out a bit more. Pure Pop: Long may it live. And who is today's standard bearer? IMHO Taylor Swift.

Pop music by its very nature appeals to the least discriminating. Some of those 70's bands were the seventies version of pop, and others are the very definition of rock.

But since you all have lost an icon I will say no more on this thread. I was just sharing my honest opinion as any discussion of Michaels will include those who cringe and smirk when they hear the name Wham. 

I am glad you enjoyed his work.

I've always considered George Michael and Mick Hucknall two of the best male vocalists in modern popular music.

Because of this unfortunate news, I've just listened to the two live albums George released. What a talent.. Then I got curious to directly compare the two voices, so I listened to Mick's 2012 studio album American Soul. Mick has a very good voice but George is/was in a different class, IMO.

Yes, have to agree. Only good music to come out of the 70's b4 punk was disco & northern soul.
Wham & other 80s bands put the fun factor back into music!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

16 hours ago, meatboy said:

how many of us used to sing it every morning wakeing up with a beautiful asian bird in patts,[early 80's.

WAKE ME UP BEFORE YOU GO-GO.

Oh god no, Geez if a guy listened to wham or Georges music you would cop it big time from your mates, the things you would be called and it take forever to recover your manhood.

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

Oh god no, Geez if a guy listened to wham or Georges music you would cop it big time from your mates, the things you would be called and it take forever to recover your manhood.

Reminds me of when I was a left-wing head-banger and when going to parties on a Saturday night in North London, would loudly ask the host if they had any Abba records. I got some really weird looks as to my sanity, but the thing is I liked that stuff. The same response no doubt with Wham! Difficult to argue about the class nature of Russia in the kitchen with 'Dancing Queen' or 'Wake Me Up Before You Go Go' thumping in the background.

Edited by SheungWan

How eerie that he wrote one of the most played Xmas songs , Last Christmas , and he died on Xmas day . I guess he will always be remembered at this time of the year .

How sad that so many big names entertainers die so young . It must be tough at the top to keep going year in year out and lead a sustainable lifestyle .