Phuket Governor repeats warning to illegal hotels: register, or face legal action

webfact

Phuket Governor repeats warning to illegal hotels: register, or face legal action

The Phuket News

1482718727_1-org.jpg

Phuket Governor Chockchai Dejamornthan warned illegal hotels ro register by January 31, or face legal action. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: -- The Governor of Phuket, Chockchai Dejamornthan, has reiterated his warning to operators illegally providing accommodation to tenants for periods of 30 days or less to register by January 31 or face legal action.

The warning came in an official notice issued by the Phuket Provincial Office yesterday (Dec 23).

Gov Chockchai noted that so far 300 illegal operators had registered since the January 31 deadline was handed down earlier this month. 

However, he also pointed out that a provincial investigative committee had identified a total of 1,366 venues illegally providing short-term rentals.

The same committee noted that only 424 hotels on the island were operating legally, he added.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-governor-repeats-warning-to-illegal-hotels-register-or-face-legal-action-60387.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-12-26

25 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

How many "warnings" do people get in this country before any action (if any) is taken?

They'll keep getting warnings until the brown envelopes bleed them dry.  Once they can no longer pay (or decide they won't pay), Plan B is next.

9 hours ago, Rhys said:

Or somebody missed the fruitcake for the holidays.

:smile: 

Seems to me that at all levels of Government there are many "fruitcakes"!!

I've got to hand it to the ordinary Thai person, they still manage to get on with their lives despite the BS showered on them. My congratulations to you.