webfact

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, phukettrader said:

OK, so I called True about getting the discount on my Platinum package. They only offered me 15% for 3 months - only supervisor can do more. Told them where to stick it and hung up. Called again a bit later and spoke to a different person, this time not asking for discount but to cancel the contract completely. After declining the sales pitch about trying the "wonderful" new channels for a month and then deciding, I said I wanted to cancel now. Gave all the details, ID card etc. After that, support person offered me 50% discount for 3 months to stay. If after the 3 months I am still not happy, can call them again and get another 3 months discount! Accepted as 3 months should be enough time to fully investigate the alternatives to this True-ly appalling company :smile:

That's funny..I called them as well and the dude told me ..first of all this channel elimination thing isn't a done deal yet (I just snickered at that)..he said don't believe everything your reads..then he told me that if I was totally unsatisfied with what is happening, that UBC would direct deposit my money back upon cancellation...

1 hour ago, frawal said:

I'm so happy I dropped True years ago. It used to cost me around 2,000 baht a month, there was nothing worth watching , I now watch all the US channels I want including HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Discovery and many more for free using IPTV. Nowadays they should be more careful canceling channels customers enjoy watching because once those people find out they can get it all for free, it's bye, bye True Morons...

Hi...would like to know more about IPTV and how to get here in Thailand and what you need to do...little help???...thx alot

3 minutes ago, Lingba said:

Hi...would like to know more about IPTV and how to get here in Thailand and what you need to do...little help???...thx alot

Question. Do you have fast and reliable Internet ? If No, the forget it, if Yes there are many options

do a search on the forum for (example)

Kodi (Steep learning curve)

ThaiExpatTV (particularly interesting if you're from the UK)

365Sports (Mainly sports)

iLikeHD

Good Luck

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Question. Do you have fast and reliable Internet ? If No, the forget it, if Yes there are many options

do a search on the forum for (example)

Kodi (Steep learning curve)

ThaiExpatTV (particularly interesting if you're from the UK)

365Sports (Mainly sports)

iLikeHD

Good Luck

yeah well that could be an issue sometimes...is there anything I could replace True with directly on to my TV...any knowledge on Astro?

3 minutes ago, Lingba said:

yeah well that could be an issue sometimes...is there anything I could replace True with directly on to my TV...any knowledge on Astro?

Astro, Depends where you are in Thailand. But there is according to @edwinchester who posted in this thread also something called SkyNet from Myanmar.

Will search for the links. BRB

Edit: Found it.

Edited by MJCM

Re the comment above that Thais don't watch HBO, HBO Red is dubbed in Thai and includes Korean soap-style movies. In some respects it doesn't matter if movies are a minority sport, the job of a cable provider is to provide a diverse offering and scrapping substantial movie channels is clearly not a part of a remit which TRUE would have offered up in order to get their license. Complete sympathy for others folding their hand and calling it a day.

Edited by SheungWan

Hi, first IPTV gives you access to each and every TV channels on the whole planet. Some countries are more into it than others like Russia for instance which makes IPTV playlists more available but no matter what TV channels from whatever country you want to watch unless you're from some very remote and small country, like some tiny Pacific or Caribbean island, there are playlists available on the Internet but... BUT you need an excellent Internet connection with a large bandwidth to watch channels from the other side of the planet in good condition, even more if you want to receive in High Resolution . I use 3BB in VDSL (not ADSL) 50 MB / 10 MB and watch US channels in HD as if my living room was in Los Angeles...
Also there are now a few IPTV companies who sell access to TV station from many countries in HD and it probably is what you should look into.
Search for PREMIUM IPTV on Google, you'll most likely find what you're looking for. There is one called premium-ip.tv who sells a lifetime offer of over 1200 channels worldwide in both Standard and High Definition for 99.00 euros. It sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Check it out and good luck my friend to no more True crap ;-)

which IPTV service you use, and does it have Sport?

Of course, lots of sports. You can get every single channels from everywhere in the world with IPTV. I am sorry but I won't give you a link to my playlists provider but google IPTV playlists, you'll get lots of answers. You can also pay for one like 99 euros for a lifetime offer in HD, it'll be more stable and easier for a beginner as well as better quality but you need a very good Internet reception like VDSL or Fiber Optic. ADSL won't do... Not enough bandwidth
Good luck...
Go to: premium-ip.tv

14 hours ago, Estrada said:

If you read the message scrolling on your True Visions picture, on your TV set, you will see that True only states that these replacement channels will appear sometime in the new year. This indicates that the new service will not start on 1st January 2017 at 00.01hrs.

And bearing in mind that True have yet to show any inclination of living up to the promise given in their scrolling on-screen announcements prior to the DMAX/EVE/Turbo cull that highlight programmes from these 3 channels would continue to be shown on their remaining Discovery channels, I am confident in my prediction that the number of new channels to compensate for the HBO cull will actually turn out to be zero by this time next year. :sad:

Of all of the channels going the one which will be most sorely missed is Cinemax. This is the one which gives movie buffs a serious fix. Trashy film noir and an introduction to B movies which one hardly ever knew existed but providing a guilty thrill and a pleasure to watch. The Wednesday night fare typically included Barb Wire. Loved it (again) and even enjoy the regular machine-gun effect of the link trailer between the movies. I doubt there is anything that True can find to replace the Cinemax style. A big bigTrueVisions own-goal.

Edited by SheungWan

On that note, I happened to be awake at 4am one morning and turned on the tube.. on cinemax was this old movie probably from the late 60's, I think it was about twins that had murdered their parents?? when they were  toddlers and they were still in the nut house and they were now young adults.. looked very cool.. problem was it was starting at 4am, i dozed off again and only saw about 20 minutes of it.

SO sure every once in a while cinemax plays a gem, BUT always at the worst times (i dont have a recorder), and FEW and far between, AND those are not the ones the repeat over and over again like crappy movies, 'barbed wire'  etc.  I remember looking at the schedule to see if i could catch up with it again and it wasn't being replayed-and that's the kind of film that will not be easy to find else ware.

I say good residence to HBO, at least these other channels they might replace it with are something different, in 6 months of NO hbo you won't miss anything, they will still be playing the same mostly bad movies over and over again.. and then they have the nerve to demand high fees from the cable operator.

Edited by pkspeaker

On 12/26/2016 at 0:16 PM, edwinchester said:

I'm sure they'll replace them with some absolutely fantastic shopping, and if the viewers are really lucky, game show channels.

These are the replacement channels as of today

Warner TV HD
Paramount HD
Sony Channel HD
Fox Action Movies HD
Celestial Classic Movies SD
Food Network HD
True Film HD 2

Just spoke to Trues so called "customer service" department. I pay 2600 a month ( platinum with 2 boxes). As compensation, they offered me 1000 points on some "black card" that I dont have! When I said thats meaningless, I want a compensatory discount, he said that he doesnt have authority to offer discounts. As soon as I said well, I know you ve been offering discounts of 30% and 50% to other customers, he immediately said how about 15% for 6 months.....so not only are they removing channels, not only are they incompetent, theyre liars as well!!! When I said 15% nowhere near enough, he said the would call me back. Am not holding my breath, otherwise I might die by the time they get back to me.

What a useless incompetent company they are.....the total opposite in fact to Sky in the UK. Sky in the UK actually PURCHASE programmes, both sport and general stuff, because by offering a more attractive package, they then attract more customers! I thought that would be obvious even to an idiot! Truevisions track record with the purchase of programme product is that , well, they dont....they seem to try to get everything on the cheap or for free, thats why when events such as major world events like Olympics and World Cups are on, the coverage is often not on, or scanty at best. The recent Ryder Cup wasnt on at all, the Olympics was far from adequately covered, and now arguably the most popular TV series in the world, mostly on HBO, like Game Of Thrones are going because True wont pay a fair price for them.

30 minutes ago, EL159 said:

As compensation, they offered me 1000 points on some "black card" that I dont have! When I said thats meaningless, I want a compensatory discount, he said that he doesnt have authority to offer discounts.

Apparently, this is the new "gift" they are offering customers.  I actually did get one of their Black Cards through the mail a month or so ago.  It offers discounts at True Coffee and the like. Utterly worthless. 

A source at the NBTC said the broadcasting committee would hold an urgent meeting today to approve the remedial measures and prepare the new licences. As part of the measures, TrueVisions will upgrade affected subscribers on the Gold, Super Family, Sport Family and Happy Family packages to a higher level for one month, while customers on the Platinum package will be awarded 1,000 True Reward Points via the True Black Card.  http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/corporate/30303051

The Black card is nothing new....I think they are pretty much standard for the Platinum package members, maybe Gold also.  They will show up in the mail one day....you don't need to apply for one...they just show up....a replacement card seems to arrive every few years.  I always just trashcan mine as its just another reward points/discount card you might be able to use with selected merchants on selected promotions.

1 hour ago, EL159 said:

Just spoke to Trues so called "customer service" department. I pay 2600 a month ( platinum with 2 boxes). As compensation, they offered me 1000 points on some "black card" that I dont have! When I said thats meaningless, I want a compensatory discount, he said that he doesnt have authority to offer discounts. As soon as I said well, I know you ve been offering discounts of 30% and 50% to other customers, he immediately said how about 15% for 6 months.....so not only are they removing channels, not only are they incompetent, theyre liars as well!!! When I said 15% nowhere near enough, he said the would call me back. Am not holding my breath, otherwise I might die by the time they get back to me.

What a useless incompetent company they are.....the total opposite in fact to Sky in the UK. Sky in the UK actually PURCHASE programmes, both sport and general stuff, because by offering a more attractive package, they then attract more customers! I thought that would be obvious even to an idiot! Truevisions track record with the purchase of programme product is that , well, they dont....they seem to try to get everything on the cheap or for free, thats why when events such as major world events like Olympics and World Cups are on, the coverage is often not on, or scanty at best. The recent Ryder Cup wasnt on at all, the Olympics was far from adequately covered, and now arguably the most popular TV series in the world, mostly on HBO, like Game Of Thrones are going because True wont pay a fair price for them.

I have the Platinum package also...cable version which includes more channels than the satellite version.  Don't know if you are on cable or satellite version, but I pay a total Bt2,314 (7% VAT included) which includes "4" boxes.   Boxes 3 & 4 come free of any monthly fee....and actually from looking at my bill which only includes one Bt155 decoder (a.k.a., settop box) charge my 2nd box is free of any monthly fee also.   I'm just on a TrueVisions only plan....not one of those combo plans that come with TV, internet, and SIM. 

On a cable connection I think you can have up to 6 boxes but on a satellite connection only 2 boxes.  And on the cable promotion I got (I've had it for years) if you need boxes 5 and 6 their monthly fee was at a reduced price also....less than the monthly fee paid for the 1st box I think.   I just needed 4 boxes for my home.

When I called bitching this week they gave me a 30% discount for 3 months.  I figure that discount will only be on the basic subscription cost of Bt2,000/mo versus including the box fee and VAT.  So I expect that 30% discount will come to around Bt600...or when considering less VAT due to a discounted basic bill it may work out to a Bt642 discount per month for 3 months....or maybe even higher if the discount also applies to the 1st box fee.  Anyway, I'll be getting at least a Bt600/mo discount for 3 months.

TrueVisions agrees remedies

December 29, 2016 01:00
By THE NATION

TRUEVISIONS customers can get refunds and downgrade their packages after HBO Asia’s six movie channels are no longer available next month, the country’s biggest pay-TV operator said in a statement yesterday.

However, the six cancelled channels will be replaced immediately with new ones from content providers other than HBO, it said.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/business/corporate/30303051

Note a key statement in above Nation article....quoted below:

However, customers who want to adjust their packages or cancel their contracts must notify TrueVisions in writing by February 28.

Now of course walking into a True service center/shop would accomplish such which deals with cancelling or downgrading your package....but a telephone call may not work.   But my gut tells me downgrading can occur via phone "if you have completed your current contract"; otherwise, you may need to do the "in-writing" approach or visit a True service center. 

As mentioned in my earlier posts my 30% discount for 3 months was done via phone call to the TrueVisions Call Center number.   But that was a "discount" and not a package downgrade or cancellation.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30303118

TrueVisions’ new licences approved

December 29, 2016 18:05 
By The Nation

The broadcasting regulator has approved broadcasting licences for seven new pay-TV channels to be broadcast by TrueVisions to replace HBO Asia’s feed, which will be cancelled on January 1.

Pakdee Manaves, deputy secretary-general of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission, said Thursday that the NBTC’s broadcasting committee approved the licence applications submitted by the country’s largest subscription-based TV operator. 

The company needed seven licences for Warner TV, Paramount Channel HD, Celestial Classic Movies, Food Network, Fox Action Movies HD, Sony Channel and True Film HD 2 to replace six pay-TV channels from HBO Asia after it failed to renew a content-distribution agreement with HBO. 

On 12/28/2016 at 6:27 PM, Lingba said:

That's funny..I called them as well and the dude told me ..first of all this channel elimination thing isn't a done deal yet (I just snickered at that)..he said don't believe everything your reads..then he told me that if I was totally unsatisfied with what is happening, that UBC would direct deposit my money back upon cancellation...

That's complete BS the dude told you, Yesterday Truevision aired on the bottom of every channel in English and in Thai that all HBO channels would be no longer available from Jan 1 on but that they would be replaced with the 6 other channels mentioned already everywhere in this thread NEXT YEAR. On their website it was somewhere mentioned by Jan 17.

Update: according to the link in post #242 Truevision will add the new channels immediately after the other ones expire, that would mean on Jan 1 from 00:001 on. Let's see.

Edited by Dario

6 minutes ago, Dario said:

That's complete BS the dude told you, Yesterday Truevison aired on the bottom of every channel in English and in Thai that all HBO channels would be no longer available from Jan 1 on but that they would be replaced with the 6 other channels mentioned already everywhere in this thread NEXT YEAR. On their website it was somewhere mentioned by Jan 17.

Truevision have also sent out a text message re the above to all subscriber's phone numbers.

So true have compensated with 6 new crap channels already on a crap, overpriced system. I urge everyone to look at some expat tv and you will never look back. No more paying this greedy, poor customer serviced organization again. I had 14 years with them and as a monopoly they only care about getting money from you and getting it back, is extremely difficult.

4 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So true have compensated with 6 new crap channels already on a crap, overpriced system. I urge everyone to look at some expat tv and you will never look back. <snip>

I agree 100% with this, but unfortunately your solution doesn't work for everyone because you need to have at least reliable / fast internet to do this and not everyone (myself included) here in Thailand have this.