TrueVisions May Stop Showing HBO, Cinemax Sunday

webfact

44 minutes ago, jonw8uk said:

ProHDbox

250b per month

?

IMG_5316.JPG

Can you give more info on the ProHdbox.com service.  There website is really bare of info.  Like their FAQ icon don't work....no other links on their page to describe their service and pricing.  Seems they just want you to download their app with little-to-no info.  Their Facebook page ain't much better.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Either in this thread or a thread bitching about TrueVisions dropping HBO there was a post or two saying AIS Fibre would be offering an HBO package soon.

I called AIS Fibre today about a billing question and after getting that answered I then asked I'm seeing posts on social media that AIS would soon offer an HBO package.   The AIS Fibre agent put me on-hold to research that and when coming back online said "no plans at this time...maybe in the future."    A safe answer to cover all bases I guess.

She was fully aware of the TrueVisions customers' dissatisfaction over TrueVisions dropping HBO.   I told her I'm sure AIS Fibre would get a lot more customers if their IPTV included an HBO package....she just said she would pass my suggestion along.    But I'm sure AIS management is well aware of the TrueVisions HBO issue....and may or may not be considering offering an HBO package to supplement some of their similar current packages like HOOQ, DOODEE and some Teen/Kids packages.  

But me thinks it probably just social media unfounded rumor (i.e., hope) that AIS will soon offer a HBO package....but it would be nice if the rumor actually came true soon. 

16 hours ago, Pib said:

Can you give more info on the ProHdbox.com service.  There website is really bare of info.  Like their FAQ icon don't work....no other links on their page to describe their service and pricing.  Seems they just want you to download their app with little-to-no info.  Their Facebook page ain't much better.

Yes, I'd like to know more about what they offer. e.g. is it Live Streaming only or do they have an on demand feature?

11 minutes ago, Saraphee said:

Yes, I'd like to know more about what they offer. e.g. is it Live Streaming only or do they have an on demand feature?

Posting a pm to inform others

Between this, netfix and genesis on kodi, im ok for tv

obviously you need decent internet

Hi Pib,

its a thai focused iptv package. has quite a few movie channels, sport (sky sports, btsport, bein etc) and a lot of vod stuff, series and movies (even having the current camcorder versions of recent releases) They have nat geo, discovery etc etc but only a few of them are english soundtrack.

I installed the app on my android box and its good to go, can also access on laptop/phone, but 1 device at one time only

for 250b its good enough - sometimes there are channels down, bbc1 for example.  it isnt a replacement for terrestrial if you watch a lot of live tv...

I dont, and for what i pay its good enough.

I pay them via bank transfer on my phone, send the receipt picture to their LINE account, and they send a PIN number.  Payment is quick and easy.

Lemme know if u want any more info

•  
Edited by jonw8uk

6 hours ago, CanInBKK said:

Any way to turn off those subtitles or at least change them to Thai? 

Its a burmese HBO stream, subtitles are hard coded, just like the thai ones were.  

Unlikely to have a thai version because, well because this thread! ?

Wife cancelled our true 2 days ago. She has had 3 follow up calls begging her not to cancel. Asking to just suspend it, then transfer it to a neighbour or family. Told them we are leaving Thailand as it was the only way to get them to stop. Get the feeling they are desperate to keep customers. Must be loosing loads. 

Stan and netflix killing this market abroad.

The wholesale market for content has been revolutionised in the last two years. Things will settle but it will. be around internet delivery. Any other system too costly along with purchasing programmes.

I hate to think/say this but:

Could we be looking at throttling or suspension of Netflix / IPTV streaming services?  If people are genuinely thinking of Netflix as a suitable alternative to True, perhaps True would seek to prevent access to Netflix in order to keep customers?

(There are no net neutrality laws in Thailand, so it is possible if you are with True Online that they throttle Netflix/amazon/iflix/etc. to be too slow to use).

Edited by JayBird

1 hour ago, optad said:

Stan and netflix killing this market abroad.

The wholesale market for content has been revolutionised in the last two years. Things will settle but it will. be around internet delivery. Any other system too costly along with purchasing programmes.

16 minutes ago, JayBird said:

Could we be looking at throttling or suspension of Netflix / IPTV streaming services?  If people are genuinely thinking of Netflix as a suitable alternative to True, perhaps True would seek to prevent access to Netflix in order to keep customers?

(There are no net neutrality laws in Thailand, so it is possible if you are with True Online that they throttle Netflix/amazon/iflix/etc. to be too slow to use).

This is not about TRUE throttling Netflix etc but rather one of licensing issues. Anybody using a VPN is by-passing licensing and the same applies to the cheapo boxes, so it is quite legitimate for national telecomms to want to shut them down.

1 minute ago, SheungWan said:

This is not about TRUE throttling Netflix etc but rather one of licensing issues. Anybody using a VPN is by-passing licensing and the same applies to the cheapo boxes, so it is quite legitimate for national telecomms to want to shut them down.

Relevance to my post pls?

I spoke to retailers generally purchasing content ie wholesale industry, and delivery costs moving forward.

On 1/12/2017 at 10:44 PM, Pib said:

You are unlikely to get a fully informative website for a service which in its essence is illegal.

8 hours ago, jonw8uk said:

Its a burmese HBO stream, subtitles are hard coded, just like the thai ones were.  

Unlikely to have a thai version because, well because this thread! ?

Whelp, with AEC I guess it's high time to learn Burmese and what better way than HBO?

?

3 hours ago, Disting said:

Wife cancelled our true 2 days ago. She has had 3 follow up calls begging her not to cancel. Asking to just suspend it, then transfer it to a neighbour or family. Told them we are leaving Thailand as it was the only way to get them to stop. Get the feeling they are desperate to keep customers. Must be loosing loads. 

Haven't you heard what True's spokesperson has been saying? They've only lost a mere 1% of subscribers. The remaining subs are happy with the new channels and services being provided. Hahaha!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just been announced AIS to provide the HBO channels.  See below thread for more info.

Edit: combine the new AIS capability with me recently getting smart on using Kodi and selected Kodi video package add-ons to watch new and old movies & TV shows "for free" on my TV or computer and I'm good to go with movies replacement for what TrueVisions has recently dropped.....in fact, I have much more movie capability.   TrueVisions you did me a favor--thanks.

Edited by Pib

43 minutes ago, Pib said:

More info on the near term new AIS Fibre capability...that is, to show HBO channels.

http://tech.thaivisa.com/google-chromecast-to-launch-in-thailand-ais-to-start-streaming-hbo/19736/

One problem is that their, (AIS) Playbox only has Thai language transmissions currently - no dual language optional settings.

35 minutes ago, BobTH said:

One problem is that their, (AIS) Playbox only has Thai language transmissions currently - no dual language optional settings.

Wrong.  Most of the current channels shows are indeed Thai channels but it also has some English channels like the WB channel (exact same WB channel as what's on the True Visions Platnium and Gold packages), several English news channels like EuroNews, etc.   And the HOOQ package which is free for the first 12 months (approx Bt129 after than if you want to continue has many, many English language movies and TV episodes.   And you can set all the box's operating system menus and the display of all channels to display English.  I'm on AIS Fibre...I have and use their Playbox....I know for sure.

Edit:  Also, if you do not have all the setting set to English, the TV selections at the bottom of the screen will still be in Thai even though you have set the operating system to display menus in English.  See this earlier post how to change the TV menu selections from Thai to English which is a separate process from setting the box Android operating system menus/icons to display in English.

Edited by Pib

On 1/14/2017 at 4:18 AM, JayBird said:

And what do you think will happen to True's broadband business if they start doing that?

2 hours ago, Pib said:

More info on the near term new AIS Fibre capability...that is, to show HBO channels.

http://tech.thaivisa.com/google-chromecast-to-launch-in-thailand-ais-to-start-streaming-hbo/19736/

Holy smoke, this will be the death blow to TrueVision and True Internet. AIS are really have a good marketing strategy. Lets see how long it will take before CP have to eat their words and accept AIS payments at 7/11.

Wrong.  Most of the current channels shows are indeed Thai channels but it also has some English channels like the WB channel (exact same WB channel as what's on the True Visions Platnium and Gold packages), several English news channels like EuroNews, etc.   And the HOOQ package which is free for the first 12 months (approx Bt129 after than if you want to continue has many, many English language movies and TV episodes.   And you can set all the box's operating system menus and the display of all channels to display English.  I'm on AIS Fibre...I have and use their Playbox....I know for sure.

Edit:  Also, if you do not have all the setting set to English, the TV selections at the bottom of the screen will still be in Thai even though you have set the operating system to display menus in English.  See this earlier post how to change the TV menu selections from Thai to English which is a separate process from setting the box Android operating system menus/icons to display in English.

Have you figured out a way to get the channels that are dual language on other platforms such as Mono 29 to English audio?

6 minutes ago, JaiMaai said:

Have you figured out a way to get the channels that are dual language on other platforms such as Mono 29 to English audio?

Can't speak about other platforms.   But unless a channel carries more than one language on a channel there just isn't another language to pick from.   If a channel is "only transmitting" in Thai audio you can't make it magically turn into English audio.   Not like using Google Translate to automatically translate a webpage.

Mono 29 is one channel that definitely does have dual language. PPTV is another and I'm sure Channel 3 can also be changed when showing an English language film/programme.

I suspect that the AIS broadcast will be Thai only which is a little disappointing but I shall await the package announcement for the HBO/Fox channels.

Like on TrueVisions or AIS IPTV you can set the box settings as to which language to "default" such as Thai or English.   By default if a channel is carrying Thai and English soundtracks and you have set your default audio setting to English then you will hear English if a English soundtrack exists on that channel.  But if there is only one soundtrack, such as Thai, well, Thai is what you will hear regardless of a default English audio setting since there is no English audio on the channel....you just hear whatever language soundtrack is being broadcast.    

Individual channels, not the company such as TrueVisions or AIS broadcasting a channel, determine what language sound tracks are on that channel.

With TrueVisions, I have all my settop boxes set to English language default except one box which is set to Thai.  The boxes set to English always provide the audio in English (if there is an English audio track) and the other box I have is set to default to Thai provides the audio in Thai (if there is a Thai audio track).  

And regardless of the box's default audio setting, on the TrueVisions remote control you can press the Audio button and it will popup a small screen menu where you can check the various language soundtracks on that channel and select the language of choice. Now once you change to another channel you are back to the default audio setting even if you immediately go back to the channel you were watching a few seconds earlier....to select a different language you have to do the audio button thing again.

Now with AIS IPTV they do have a default language setting in box very similar to the TrueVisions boxes.  However the AIS IPTV remote control does not have an audio button.  So, to see if channel maybe has more than one language soundtrack you would need to go all the way back into the default settings and change the audio setting to Original (such as Thai) or English.  

I just turned on AIS IPTV and went to channel 3 which was showing a Miss Universe Contest video clip with Steve Harvey as the host (it may have been the Miss Universe Contest being rebroadcast....I only looked 15 seconds), but Steve was talking in English since I have the default language setting to English and since that particular video being carried by Channel 3 had an English soundtrack.

Yeap,  a channel has to be carrying an English sound track in order to get English....you can't do an audio translate from Thai to English like how your use Google Translate realtime to translate some Thai webpages from Thai to English.

And using Channel 3 as an example, many times Channel 3 communicators/translators provide a translation as the event goes around.    Seen/heard it many times like at major religious or royal family events being broadcast.   They basically cut out most of the Thai audio and give a translation if you have the soundtrack set to English.    And when I say translation they are really just trying to explain what is going in English versus translating ever word that might be being said.   A Thai speaker might being speaking non-stop, but the Channel 3 translation will just be an overview/summary of what the Thai speaker is saying.   

Edited by Pib

Did HBO on truevisions have dual audio track?

Ive never seen HBO in Thailand with thai dubbing, its always been soundtrack with subtitles.

Ive never had truevisions, so I of course I could be wrong :)

No. Only True's own movie channels had the option of Thai dubbing.