Villagers spooked as "Buriram triangle" claims another victim

webfact

Villagers spooked as "Buriram triangle" claims another victim

p2.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BURIRAM: -- Villagers are convinced that there is some kind of mysterious force at work near the station in Buriram after another person was found unconscious near the tracks.

The superstitious locals believe that there is some version of the Bermuda triangle in their north eastern home.

A woman aged about 35 - 40 was the latest person found in an area called Ban Pho Sri Suk about two kilometers from the downtown station, reports Sanook.

A man called Bat, 47, who found the body said she looked like she had either fallen off a train or been hit by one. She was unconscious but after foundation medics gave her first aid and whisked her off to hospital she slowly recovered.

She had no Thai ID but told hospital staff that she was Nisachon from Ayuthaya. She couldn't remember where she was going or why she was there in Buriram.

The hospital said she was largely incoherent and mumbling and they were waiting until she had recovered more before questioning her about relatives.

Meanwhile Bat who found her by the tracks said that many people in recent years had fallen off the train at that exact spot or had tried to commit suicide by laying on the tracks there.

"It is a an area of magic," he assured sanook.com reporters. "None of the locals want to go anywhere near that spot".

With New Year coming up said that weird goings on at that spot always increased at festival times.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-27

I didn't think anyone lived in Buriram anymore. I thought all the blokes are driving taxis in Bangkok and all the Ladies are working in Bangkok....

PS - before the inhabitants rise against me I'm sure it is a jolly nice place!
:)

1 hour ago, seahorse said:

This is Thailand. You are farang, you no understand.

Not understand what?

Too much booze or drugs = Loss of memory

In my youth I never took an ugly woman home after the pub shut

But by god I woke up next to many :sick:

They probably thought the same about me  :cheesy:

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The superstitious locals believe that there is some version of the Bermuda triangle in their north eastern home.

I wouldn't be surprised if the village chief decides for his tribe to move back to the forest and live on trees.

i just finished a 6 day stay in buriram and my hotel was right next to the train station (klim hotel).  i had a large leo beer in my hand for most of the afternoon and evening all six days.  must have kept me safe from this 'triangle'.

i did see thai students taking pictures of one another (not selfies !!!) as they stood in the middle of the train tracks.  they did this right after the train left so i guess it was safe.  but probably risked the curse of the 'triangle.

On 26/12/2016 at 9:29 PM, mick220675 said:

Buriram is magical some of the people are mad, I love it.

My wife's uncle was dragged from his bike by a ghost after he drank a bottle of whiskey.

Her uncle should tell the ghost not to be rude. If he wants whiskey he can always ask nicely, after all Thai whiskey is cheap. Even the ghost don't want to drink it.

On 27/12/2016 at 1:13 PM, JAG said:

I didn't think anyone lived in Buriram anymore. I thought all the blokes are driving taxis in Bangkok and all the Ladies are working in Bangkok....

PS - before the inhabitants rise against me I'm sure it is a jolly nice place!
:)

True story.  Years ago I discovered that so many taxi drivers in BKK are from that place that for a couple of years, every time a driver asked me "where you come from?" I would answer "Me  bahn Buriram!"  The responses were priceless.  BTW, I was through the place a few months ago and it really is a nice well presented town.

Edited by The Deerhunter
spelling errors