POTY: And the Winner IS

Scott

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMO a good idea to organize this contest and congratulations to NAAM. I am following TV for many years, even sometimes commented on some threads but I have the feeling this TV forum is ruled by a few who not always want to hear about "outsiders opinions". If you want more active members, the old club should open their doors for newbies and less active members. Not all of us are retired... When I was reading about this contest, I wanted to cast my vote but couldn't find any instructions where and how to vote. Maybe this is the reason for the low count?
I don't post much but I continue reading because I do enjoy some of the writings skills and knowledge of some members. Others I like for their short and often funny remarks. So TV has to offer a lot but please have some open door activities for people who want to join but are afraid to be rediculed.
Happy New Year!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

21 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

Have you got any idea what the true figure is, you are quoting a figure that is the combined total of only the two leading members.

So now that I am hooked on this topic .... I looked back at the very original 3 part poll - total 740 votes.

The final cut was only a total  of 280 votes for 4 members  ...

How pathetic is that with a forum having thousands and thousands of active members ...

Edited by LivinginKata

1 minute ago, LivinginKata said:

So now that I am hooked on this topic .... I looked back at the very original 3 part poll - total 740 votes.

The final cut was on 280 votes ...

How pathetic is that with a forum having thousands and thousands of active members ...

It's a free world, folk can do what they want.....

1 minute ago, transam said:

It's a free world, folk can do what they want.....

I was only answering Ron19's question ... and gave the REAL numbers

"Have you got any idea what the true figure is, you are quoting a figure that is the combined total of only the two leading members. "

16 minutes ago, luk AJ said:

IMO a good idea to organize this contest and congratulations to NAAM. I am following TV for many years, even sometimes commented on some threads but I have the feeling this TV forum is ruled by a few who not always want to hear about "outsiders opinions". If you want more active members, the old club should open their doors for newbies and less active members. Not all of us are retired... When I was reading about this contest, I wanted to cast my vote but couldn't find any instructions where and how to vote. Maybe this is the reason for the low count?
I don't post much but I continue reading because I do enjoy some of the writings skills and knowledge of some members. Others I like for their short and often funny remarks. So TV has to offer a lot but please have some open door activities for people who want to join but are afraid to be rediculed.
Happy New Year!

Unfortunately where and how to vote were hidden away in line one of post one ☺

2 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

The final cut was on 280 votes ...

I voted 3 times in the original poll. My candidate was named in all three polls. In fact everyone could vote in each of the polls as I understand it.

So there was nothing like 740 people involved.

8 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I voted 3 times in the original poll. My candidate was named in all three polls. In fact everyone could vote in each of the polls as I understand it.

So there was nothing like 740 people involved.

I just tediously counted with calculater the actual number of votes ... including 'none of the above' = 197 votes (the way I voted) and there were a total of 740 votes ... Check yourself.

Edited by LivinginKata

I just tediously counted with calculater the actual number of votes ... including 'none of the above' (the way I voted) and there were a total of 740 votes ... Check yourself.

I demand a recount. :post-4641-1156694572:

I just tediously counted with calculater the actual number of votes ... including 'none of the above' (the way I voted) and there were a total of 740 votes ... Check yourself.

We're probably both right - 740 votes, but lodged in 3s by a lot less people than 740.

5 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

We're probably both right - 740 votes, but lodged in 3s by a lot less people than 740.

Right ... TV says 217 members votes ... how pathetic is that for a major Thailand national expat forum ...

Edited by LivinginKata

2 minutes ago, harrry said:

not sure if that figure counts hidden votes

Sorry harrry ... what hidden votes ? Choice was one of the above or none of the above in the first poll, second poll just one of the 5 .... there was no hidden option other than NOT BOTHER AT ALL vote ...  

2 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Sorry harrry ... what hidden votes ? Choice was one of the above or none of the above in the first poll, second poll just one of the 5 .... there was no hidden option other than NOT BOTHER AT ALL vote ...  

vote that were declared not valid and hidden in the way moderated posts are hidden.

Let me be clear ... I am in no way bashing Thaivisa management or moderators for this terrible disappointing turnout of member voters. 

I am fully bashing the Thaivisa membership for this very disappointing show of voter support. I voted ... did you ... ??

Edited by LivinginKata

34 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

And how many half- illegal votes ?

Congratulations !!!!!! 

Well it is Thailand, and I understand that vote buying is rife in parts of issan.:smile:

Seems something similar may have happened here, but the pesky vote buying was dealt with by the moderators.  

2 minutes ago, harrry said:

vote that were declared not valid and hidden in the way moderated posts are hidden.

From my years of moderating on TV I don't believe that actual votes can be 'moderated out' . The moderators have been up front how many illegal duplicate members were discounted.

3 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Let me be clear ... I am in no way bashing Thaivisa management or moderators for this terrible disappointing turnout of member voters. 

I am fully bashing the Thaivisa membership for this very disappointing show of voter support. I voted ... did you ... ??

It;s a bit like politics really, maybe when we have a POTY candidate that has a  "Make TV great again" slant to it, will the disenfranchised start to come back. However, Naam was a good candidate to be fair, and congrats to him for winning. 

56 minutes ago, luk AJ said:

Happy New Year!

Just join in luk and no need to pledge alliance with the Queen.

We are all here to have a bit of fun, and don't be surprised if the "old club" spring to your defense in time of need (as best as they can with hip replacements).

28 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Right ... TV says 217 members votes ... how pathetic is that for a major Thailand national expat forum ...

I started one of the nomination threads last year in the Farang Pub section.

Someone suggested that subsequent threads should be opened in the General Topics sub-forum as they would generate more interest.

I then checked the vote count for POTY 2014 and saw that 622 members participated. You may wish to re-check this figure.

If it really is a case of 622 votes in 2014 versus 217 in 2016, obvious conclusions can be drawn.

-----------------

Soon -- perhaps even today -- I'll start a thread in the pub section.

I'll call it Thaivisa's got Talent

49 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

If you look at the topic header it declares  217 members have voted ... no idea where they got that number from .. might be from the first poll of 16 members.

Maybe the members who pressed "Show Results" and thus their vote didn't count but still they showed up as they had voted ?

Edited by MJCM

I wasn't sure if pinning it was a good idea rather than just bumping it.

I rarely look at pinned topics unless notified but always look at recent threads.

I can't see how many views it got this year compared to previous on my phone.

Edit.. Over 18 thousand views this hear. Not to be scoffed at.

Edited by sipi