Election to be put off until 2018 amid legal delay: NLA

webfact

2 hours ago, robblok said:

You mean when the people rose to oppose the return of a convicted criminal. A situation caused only by the arrogance of said person and the PTP not ruling for the people but to bring their leader home and drop all the criminal cases that are still waiting for him. 

You've got to have some respect for robblok, at least he shows up.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Ah seems we see this event differently, funny that even the PTP publicly admitted that they should never have had included Thaksin in the amnesty and that that was what got this all started.  (oh just having an election does not make the things you do legal.. its just a farce)

Anyway I hope that the election is not delayed again its time to see something new. 

nothing new that's the point and they have ensured this

24 minutes ago, Broken Record said:

Still the same arguments going on...... lol.

The Army stepped in because they where ordered to step in, same as any delay in Elections it's an order, do you really think that Prayuth one day woke up and decided he'd order troops on the street, make himself prime minister and put the spotlight on him and his cronies ?

He and the Junta are just doing what they are told by the people who really run Thailand, and Prayuth has no choice but to do what he's told, otherwise he might just be asked where he got his fabulous wealth from whilst being a soldier, of course those that run the country know already, and Prayuth knows they know, so instead or enjoying his retirement with his massive wealth, he has to do favours for his masters.

The Elite who run Thailand allow large scale corruption among the Police and Army Generals for a very good reason, in times of need they call in favours, and no General worth his salt will want to try to explain how he became a USD Multi Millionaire whilst working for the government, so they have got the generals over a barrel, and they do what they are told, or else the masters will find a General who WILL do as they are told.

None of these super rich Generals will risk falling out of favour, they all have too much to lose.

They are puppets.

The USA and Europe have plans for if Europe gets invaded by the Russians.. its called planning ahead... but at the same time they won't try to make this situation happen. Planning for it and making sure it happens are 2 different things. 

2 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Let's go through the list of 'reasons' why the coup happened:

1. amnesty bill
  2. thaksin
  3. rice 
  4. yingluck
  5. lottery prices
  6. minimum wage

and many more.. but, of course, it was none of these it was...............censored

Not a shred of evidence.. the amnesty bill is what brought the people out.. it might not be the main reason.. but its the fatal mistake the PTP made. For the people this was the reason.. whatever reason the army has .. that is not important. Without the chance offered by YL because they are so arrogant (we got voted in we can do what we like ) this would not have happened, or would have been severely opposed.

The amnesty bill was all ok.. until overnight Thaksins name appeared even though they assured us before that his name would not be included.. SO even when the bill was killed nobody trusted them not to revive it again given their promises before. 

Then of course letting their thugs intimidate the peaceful protesters and bombing them escalating it all again stupidly played. 

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

The USA and Europe have plans for if Europe gets invaded by the Russians.. its called planning ahead... but at the same time they won't try to make this situation happen. Planning for it and making sure it happens are 2 different things. 

:laugh:

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

only the Russians robblok...?  that's good news for the Chinese  :)

anyway they DID IT here and PLANNED IT (many times in fact)

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Knock me down with a feather. That is one hell of a comparison. Reality check time. Thailand military planned and make sure it happened 19 times. 

8 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Knock me down with a feather. That is one hell of a comparison. Reality check time. Thailand military planned and make sure it happened 19 times. 

AH so you think they made sure the amnesty happened and then made sure the violence happened so they could step in.. wow.. I bet you got loads of tinfoil hats.

15 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

only the Russians robblok...?  that's good news for the Chinese  :)

anyway they DID IT here and PLANNED IT (many times in fact)

They might even have plans for an alien invasion.. but I doubt they would poke the aliens to make this happen (if they exist ect).. I guess you don't get the point here. They did not create the situation that led to the coup.. they just responded to it.  Not saying it was not good for them.. but they did not make this situation happen. That is on the PTP and their arrogance. 

Edited by robblok

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

So what caused the 19 or so other coups? 

This is a fair question, robblock. Have the armed forces always acted purely out of concern for the wellbeing of the nation, or have they just recently become such moral guiding lights?

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

They might even have plans for an alien invasion.. but I doubt they would poke the aliens to make this happen (if they exist ect).. I guess you don't get the point here. They did not create the situation that led to the coup.. they just responded to it.  Not saying it was not good for them.. but they did not make this situation happen. That is on the PTP and their arrogance. 

well that's a nice, fluffy view there robblok but way from the truth but they don't want us to know the truth right?  some Thais do buy it and some farangs, such as your goodself, but times they are a changin'   Happy New Year

4 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

This is all to be expected, have you ever asked a Thai to show you where something is on a map? 

Perhaps they should download an app to get the GPS directions to democracy.

Your comment about Thais and maps rings true for me! My funniest Thai map story involves a free tourist map I was given in Chiang Mai. The map was oriented so that the cardinal direction East was at the top of the map, North at the left margin. 

42 minutes ago, robblok said:

AH so you think they made sure the amnesty happened and then made sure the violence happened so they could step in.. wow.. I bet you got loads of tinfoil hats.

I see you have little knowledge on the separation of power. 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Not saying they did this time, but it is well known that instigating violence can draw out the army. In the wikileaks dump there is US correspondence of people with high up connections admitting that the PAD agreed they needed to create some violence to give the military the excuse it needed to step in. I am not sure why on what they presume private correspondence the US Ambassador would lie about it.

I am not saying this was the same in this case, but to think they would not consider these type of tactics and other underhand and sly tactics is simply naive. Its practically been admitted the army planned to be in power to handle the succession.

4 hours ago, robblok said:

You mean when the people rose to oppose the return of a convicted criminal. A situation caused only by the arrogance of said person and the PTP not ruling for the people but to bring their leader home and drop all the criminal cases that are still waiting for him. 

Well gee it's old Robby again, the junta's number 1 fanboy since all the others had the sense to finally realise it's all a scam.

gee Robby, you dwell on a different planet, where black becomes white.

4 hours ago, robblok said:

As bad as old man Shin was, the country ran better.   There were jobs.  Life was fun.  Under the military you have indoctrination, harassment and curtailed free speech which you yourself oppose.  “The election should be held around March to April next year.” And now delayed elections.  Maybe because there are just way too many rubber stamps and only one ink pad. 

Look at the evidence that has not been "adjusted" i.e. Confidential cables between US ambassador and State Department. All now in the public domain thanks to Wikileaks. Clearly Thaksin was the object of the elite's jealousy and they manufactured charges to get rid of him.

Violence instigated by Suthep to make Yingluck's time in office untenable.

The old guard back in control via their military proxies.

Everything is documented and corroborated outside of Thailand.

Robblock, I told you before to do some reading, when are you going to catch up?

19 minutes ago, bobmac10 said:

Well gee it's old Robby again, the junta's number 1 fanboy since all the others had the sense to finally realise it's all a scam.

gee Robby, you dwell on a different planet, where black becomes white.

Oh bobby if its not your view its not true.. keep on reading your little red book. 

10 minutes ago, bobmac10 said:

Look at the evidence that has not been "adjusted" i.e. Confidential cables between US ambassador and State Department. All now in the public domain thanks to Wikileaks. Clearly Thaksin was the object of the elite's jealousy and they manufactured charges to get rid of him.

Violence instigated by Suthep to make Yingluck's time in office untenable.

The old guard back in control via their military proxies.

Everything is documented and corroborated outside of Thailand.

Robblock, I told you before to do some reading, when are you going to catch up?

Yes sure the kids killed in trad were done by the yellows.. same as those other 2 kids killed by a grenade 

That is 4 kids by the reds.. have fun defending that. 

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/26/world/asia/thailand-unrest-children-funeral/

555 ... I knew it. OK guys let's hang onto power for a bit longer and completely f#$k up this country before we have democratic rigged elections that will ensure we hold onto power a bit longer but with civilian clothes on. 

RobBlok

Some times I wonder which articles you read as your source is very different to the rest of the world, the amnesty bill was a problem for the few but Suthep escalated it out of all proportion, but admits he stated talking about change at the top with the now man at the top in 2010.

Its only when you have no political views that you can see the truth> Its sad to see one of the most beautiful countries in the world destroyed by idiots and criminals

robblok must have that little red book I was trying to find on thainess. so glad I did not sell up and move now, So Glad

The military is not a monolithic entity. Different cliques have come to prominence at different times, and ambitious ones often try to find a reason to "step in" to save the country from itself, and of course reward themselves and their friends and family members handsomely for their work, but they do it for the same reason every corrupt action in Thailand is taken--because they can, and can get away with it. 

There was a long interval between interventions from 1991-2006 where enough of a public coalition for democratisation existed that no one dared try anything for fear of getting burned and actually having to end up paying for their actions. Over these last two coups, all of the cards have been laid on the table, so to speak. If you've followed it closely, you'll know what that means.

A certain event transpired in 1992 which could have been interpreted in two main ways. The public coalition for democratisation was split after 2006 based on the different interpretations of that outcome and where true sovereignty lay. 

This split worked in the most recent ambitious military clique's favor, as they had about half the population who were willing to take them at face value when they took over and look the other way while their political enemies were persecuted.

Without a large, stable coalition for democratic government, the biggest guns rule the roost.