90 Day Reporting Changes

Lizard2010

NEW: Yet another story about 90-day reports; all walk-in Immigration Services now at Promenada Mall

One of the "facts of life" of living long-term as a foreigner in Thailand is the need to report your current address to your local Immigration office if you remain in the country for longer than 90 consecutive days. In the past, these TM 47 reports could be submitted in one of three ways, (1) by post; (2) in person; or, (3) using an on-line reporting system. Well, sadly, the on-line reporting system has been taken off-line nationally by Immigration for unspecified reasons. There are no immediate plans for re-instating the system. Also, the system used for on-line inputting of TM 30 reports of the residence of foreigners by hotels, guesthouses, condos and others has also been brought off-line.

At this time, all 90-day reports must be submitted either (1) by post or (2) in person. Residents of Lamphun and Lampang provinces can submit reports at the new Immigration offices in their provinces. Chiang Mai residents must go to the office at Promenada Mall. Click here for schedule of the free shuttle bus.

According to the official website of CM Immigration, 90 day reports by post, should still be sent to the previous address, where a few administrative buildings are in operation:

Notify 90 Days
Chiangmai Immigration
71 Moo 3 Sanambin Road
T. Suthep A. Muang
Chiang Mai

Click here for excellent instructions on how to submit TM 47, 90 day reports by post.

Meanwhile, all walk-in services for Chiang Mai residents have moved to Immigration's offices at Building A, Promenada Mall. Bring a torch (flashlight) with you if you plan to arrive before 6 am. Queuing for "Marriage visa extensions" is in front of a special room, near the coffee station. Turn right when you come in the "tunnel" from the car park.

Note: All information current as of January 1st. It will undoubtedly change in the near future.

Supplied via the Chiang Mai Expats club Newsletter

This is for Information

Do not ask me any questions

i only try to help expats with information

Hopefully this will not be a complaining thread

As i see the normal complainers postings

Plus

A Happy New year To You All

Thanks for the information.

The other day I was watching TV and the government official mentioned that Thailand is advancing to Thailand version 4.0.

I failed to see how removing the online system is going to be more advanced in this digital age. I hope it's only temporary.

How are the condos going to report their TM30 when the tenants exit Thailand for a holiday and come back a week later?

It would be interesting to see the underlying "facts" or basis for the statement that the TM 30 for hotels has been taken off line.  Just can not quite immagine all those TM 30s being done on paper and delivered to Immigration Offices daily by tens of thousands of hotels and guest houses(or is it only thousands?).  Imagine every hotel and guest house taking a paper copy to immigration every day, somebody would have noticed, wouldn't they?

Dante99 - I posted this same sentiment a few weeks ago.  I seriously doubt that businesses that rent accommodations to foreigners would comply in person, especially if they had become used to just e-mailing scans of daily TM30's  There is obviously some change imminent on this TM30 issue. But it is a fact that foreigners would notice a Very Large Difference in crowds at Immigration, if in-person reporting were suddenly required.  We can only hope that whatever changes do happen, will be more efficient.

12 hours ago, Dante99 said:

It would be interesting to see the underlying "facts" or basis for the statement that the TM 30 for hotels has been taken off line.  Just can not quite immagine all those TM 30s being done on paper and delivered to Immigration Offices daily by tens of thousands of hotels and guest houses(or is it only thousands?).  Imagine every hotel and guest house taking a paper copy to immigration every day, somebody would have noticed, wouldn't they?

I agree 100%. I don't believe it either.

According to our condo management, online TM30 reporting is indeed off line.  Condos and hotels still submit reports to the old location near the airport, but they don't get receipts.  According to our condo mgr, when he was asked about how to handle the new residents coming into the building at the first the the year, he was told to bring the report to the old office, the same building is still operational for administrative duties like this.  He submitted the report for the new condo residents, but didn't get a receipt or anything for them.  I guess they just have to "trust" that a TM30 has been filed for them, just like you do when you check into a hotel.  They don't give you a receipt from a hotel, do they?

However, for us "retail" customers, we go to Promenada.  And, if like me, you want to have your receipt in your passport stamped by Immigration, then you have to go to Imm. Prom.

Think about it.  Hotels have been reporting guests to Immigration for a long, long time.  Way before there was an on-line reporting system.  They've just gone back to doing it the old way.

" The old way" was for a member of the police connected to immigration to go around (hotels) and do the TM30 as an "extra job". That went on for years (many years..) and was only stopped about 2 years ago when everything "went online". The whole point that it stopped was because the online was introduced.

Goodness knows where it goes from here!

20 minutes ago, cmsally said:

" The old way" was for a member of the police connected to immigration to go around (hotels) and do the TM30 as an "extra job". That went on for years (many years..) and was only stopped about 2 years ago when everything "went online". The whole point that it stopped was because the online was introduced.

Goodness knows where it goes from here!

Rapidly downhill appears to be the direction.

Frustrated foreigners and no doubt equally frustrated immigration staff. I was submitting a TM30 for tenants on Wednesday morning at around 10.30am and one of the staff was already having a mini meltdown.

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

Rapidly downhill appears to be the direction.

Frustrated foreigners and no doubt equally frustrated immigration staff. I was submitting a TM30 for tenants on Wednesday morning at around 10.30am and one of the staff was already having a mini meltdown.

Was she the poor gal at Desk One at the Imm. office on the 2nd floor at Prom?  And meanwhile were other Imm. officers sitting at the their desks in that same room seemingly doing nothing?  That's the way it was when I went the previous week to update my TM30.  Absolutely no cross-training or allowing staff to help each other.

Anyone who has run a customer service center knows this is the wrong-wrong-wrong way to both serve the customers and manage employees.  All the head hancho's claims about not having enough employees to do the job are proven false when you see how he hasn't permitted cross-training for peak periods of demand.  Something tells me that Col. Rutjapong has never read articles like this:  https://hbr.org/1976/11/match-supply-and-demand-in-service-industries  which would give him good ideas on how to manage with the staff and budget he has.  (Note:  a "reservation system" is one of the top recommendations, so is giving a cocktail or other perk to people who have to wait during periods of peak demand.)    This isn't new stuff.  This is a Harvard Business Review article I read in grad school.

37 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Was she the poor gal at Desk One at the Imm. office on the 2nd floor at Prom?  And meanwhile were other Imm. officers sitting at the their desks in that same room seemingly doing nothing?  That's the way it was when I went the previous week to update my TM30.  Absolutely no cross-training or allowing staff to help each other.

Anyone who has run a customer service center knows this is the wrong-wrong-wrong way to both serve the customers and manage employees.  All the head hancho's claims about not having enough employees to do the job are proven false when you see how he hasn't permitted cross-training for peak periods of demand.  Something tells me that Col. Rutjapong has never read articles like this:  https://hbr.org/1976/11/match-supply-and-demand-in-service-industries  which would give him good ideas on how to manage with the staff and budget he has.  (Note:  a "reservation system" is one of the top recommendations, so is giving a cocktail or other perk to people who have to wait during periods of peak demand.)    This isn't new stuff.  This is a Harvard Business Review article I read in grad school.

This advice only works if customer service is one of the main objectives.

Archived