Busted! Girl who fired gun to celebrate New Year faces the chief of police

webfact

Busted! Girl who fired gun to celebrate New Year faces the chief of police

5a.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- A girl caught on video firing a gun indiscriminately from a window has been arrested by Bangkok police.

And yesterday she had to face the music from head of the metropolitan police Sanit Mahathavorn himself.

Named only as Sudarat, 23, the shooter was at a party when she asked to borrow a gun. She told the cops in Sai Mai district that she "knew it was wrong but thought it was a traditional way to celebrate", reports Daily News.

She is a third year student at a well known university.

The incident occurred just after the countdown to welcome in 2017. Four shots were reportedly fired out the window. No one was hurt and nothing was damaged.

But Sudarat was charged with letting off a gun - this was a .38 - in a built up area. The crime can attract a 10 year prison sentence, 5,000 baht fine or both.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-03

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks  to me like she  saw it as a modelling assignment....sponsored by Nike

She  should be told the way to celebrate is  to put the gun to your  temple and no doubt  with her uni education Im pretty sure she could do it

Edited by kannot

I thought the traditional uni way to celebrate the New Year was to streak naked in campus ground...

But then, most people would have graduated by 22, and not starting third year at 23!

Edited by trogers

I can't see the chief commissioner of police in Melbourne jumping at a photo op like this, it would be left to the lower echelons like constables.  They have more urgent priorities like insuring all thier subordinates are actually working and performing their tasks.  Making sure road safety campaign are running 365 days.  Seems senior police are more interested in photos highlighting who they are than actually creating and running a professional police service.

4 minutes ago, Thechook said:

I can't see the chief commissioner of police in Melbourne jumping at a photo op like this, it would be left to the lower echelons like constables.  They have more urgent priorities like insuring all thier subordinates are actually working and performing their tasks.  Making sure road safety campaign are running 365 days.  Seems senior police are more interested in photos highlighting who they are than actually creating and running a professional police service.

What professional service?

3 minutes ago, Thechook said:

But they managed to take her alive, would the same have happened in Melbourne?

"The recent ABC documentary Trigger Point focuses on the period in Victoria in which police killed 30 people ...."    theconversation.com/shoot-to-kill-the-use-of-lethal-force-by-police-in-australia-34578

4 minutes ago, halloween said:

"The recent ABC documentary Trigger Point focuses on the period in Victoria in which police killed 30 people ...."    theconversation.com/shoot-to-kill-the-use-of-lethal-force-by-police-in-australia-34578

That's professional service...

15 minutes ago, halloween said:

Ouch that hit home having personally been involved in a fatal shooting and suffered PTSD as a result.  

5 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Fair play, she messed up, now fine her and let her be on her way. In the meantime, how's about getting the real criminals behind bars? i.e. little shits that run over police officers in Ferraris!

Pets don't bite the hands that feed them...

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

How are they sure no-one was hurt and nothing was damaged? The bullets had to end up somewhere.

There was an unrelated suicide a few blocks down.  They're still looking for the gun he used on himself...

10 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Fair play, she messed up, now fine her and let her be on her way. In the meantime, how's about getting the real criminals behind bars? i.e. little shits that run over police officers in Ferraris!

Paying a small fine (max B5000) is hardly a deterrent if you are wealthy. A couple of months in the can would impress that this stupid behaviour is not acceptable.

I understand she's still young and inexperienced. She made a mistake, we all do. 

I sincerely hope nobody was injured/killed by the bullets and that she learns to think about what she's doing before she does it. 

6 minutes ago, djayz said:

I understand she's still young and inexperienced. She made a mistake, we all do. 

I sincerely hope nobody was injured/killed by the bullets and that she learns to think about what she's doing before she does it. 

Brains very young, but the same seems not to be for the body...