Pheu Thai demands govt answers amid election delay fears

webfact

Pheu Thai demands junta answers amid election delay fears
By KHANITTHA THEPPAJORN 
THE NATION

ff.jpg

File photo

BANGKOK: -- THE PHEU THAI PARTY yesterday called on the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) and Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha to clarify plans for the staging of the next general election – a milestone in the promised “road map” to democracy – and questioned whether the junta was testing the water in an attempt to cling to power.

Anusorn Iamsa-ard, acting deputy spokesman of Pheu Thai, alleged that the military was working systemically to gauge public sentiment on the junta’s justification of being in power. 

“They started with the NLA’s [National Legislative Assembly] move, then followed [that] with the astrologer’s prophecy that the road map will be extended. All this despite the fact that the political parties have remained calm and not caused any trouble,” he said. “The purpose of this movement is nothing but for the junta to stay on in power.”

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30303314

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-01-03

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"...Pheu Thai demands junta answers amid election delay fears..."

Some might suggest that PTP are just pissing in the wind with their futile call for answers from the NCPO.

pissing-wind-cartoon.jpg

Then again, there are others who would argue that it's an ill wind that blows nobody any good !!!

5 minutes ago, George Graham said:

A few more than him I would say, but hey,if obsessing about Mr. T works for ya - help yourself.

You might well say, as you conveniently ignore the party motto. What you call obsession, I call reality, that PTP is owned by Thaksin, its MPs bribed to be members of the party. MPs accepting 3rd party payments, especially on a regular basis, is illegal in most democracies.

I am not sure where the PTP get this idea that the Junta is attempting to hold onto power and I haven't seen in my copy of  the Antarctic Express about any delay, however you're dealing with an unpredictable set of rules ,  the versatile section 44, I also can report that what's in store for Thailand 2017 in the OZ media,  the Junta didn't get a great wrap up, sorry general I did my best........................................:coffee1:

Edited by chainarong

1 hour ago, halloween said:

You might well say, as you conveniently ignore the party motto. What you call obsession, I call reality, that PTP is owned by Thaksin, its MPs bribed to be members of the party. MPs accepting 3rd party payments, especially on a regular basis, is illegal in most democracies.

IIRC some of the MPs complained, when their monthly party-stipends stopped coming, after the coup  ...  sad when their usefulness & compliance were no-longer wanted by the boss !   :cool:

But in this case, further delays in any return to democrazy, they may have a point.

3 hours ago, halloween said:

They meant "Thaksin demands".

One will never hear the Democrats demand any clarification from the junta about elections except when and how Ahbisit can return to power.

Frankly, what difference does it make about whoever demands answers from the junta about the next elections. It should be a matter for the entire Thai electorate regardless of party affiliation. And yes, demands is the appropriate challenge as the junta doesn't react to subservient pleadings.

Edited by Srikcir
typo

2 hours ago, halloween said:

Yes, so let's have eternal junta rule - much better!

48 minutes ago, Becker said:

Yes, so let's have eternal junta rule - much better!

Hopefully there is an alternative, but handing control of the country to a blatantly corrupt fugitive criminal is not acceptable to me or many others.

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

One will never hear the Democrats demand any clarification from the junta about elections except when and how Ahbisit can return to power.

Frankly, what difference does it make about whoever demands answers from the junta about the next elections. It should be a matter for the entire Thai electorate regardless of party affiliation. And yes, demands is the appropriate challenge as the junta doesn't react to subservient pleadings.

They don't react to demands either, so why bother? Perhaps to keep themselves in the public eye and maintain some modicum of relevance with more false accusations.

4 hours ago, halloween said:

They meant "Thaksin demands".

Here is a question for you. Do you still think that Pheu Thai still take orders from Thaksin? From what I researched, many in the party feel strongly that the Shin is now a liability for PT and would chose a non Shin as PM candidate. Maybe Chaturon or Sudarat. There is also a strong negative sentiment from the North and North-East regarding the amnesty and felt betrayed. Thaksin may still be an important party member and he should have the smart to understand the current political situation and move aside for others less controversial. 

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Here is a question for you. Do you still think that Pheu Thai still take orders from Thaksin? From what I researched, many in the party feel strongly that the Shin is now a liability for PT and would chose a non Shin as PM candidate. Maybe Chaturon or Sudarat. There is also a strong negative sentiment from the North and North-East regarding the amnesty and felt betrayed. Thaksin may still be an important party member and he should have the smart to understand the current political situation and move aside for others less controversial. 

55555.  I'm sure confidence in his leadership will be restored when the payments resume.

Edited by halloween

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

And who decide when the country is ready? The junta? Meechai? Prayut? Please tell. 

The country is ready, but the Junta is not.. they want to be sure the people will vote for the good ones..they only want the election and democracy to happen if the people votes for Prayuth friends

Just now, smedly said:

more and more of PTP are being investigated and jailed - it is little wonder they want it all to go away ASAP - I wonder how many of them have shipped boatloads of cash abroad lol

While the Junta cannot be invastigated because either they threaten the journalists or the independant investigatores or because they simply say "there is no problem" 

18 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

anyone in PTP not humming the Shin tune will be brought in by his red militia for attitude adjustment lol