Huge king cobra snared amid Phuket mating-season snake fight

webfact

Huge king cobra snared amid Phuket mating-season snake fight

Eakkapop Thongtub

1483418432_1-org.jpg

The huge king cobra was caught after rescue workers broke up the snake fight at the restaurant in central Phuket . Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- Rescue workers responding to a call that two “big” snakes were fighting under a restaurant in Thalang on New Year’s Eve (Dec 31) weren’t quite prepared for what their mission entailed.

When volunteers from Srisoonthorn Rescue arrived at the Pae Kruvit2 restaurant located behind Wat Tha Reua at 4:45pm, they were confronted by an angry king cobra measuring 3.5 metres in length – and like all king cobras, the snake could strike while still on the move.

The king cobra was amid a fight with smaller cobra – not of the king cobra species – under the restaurant. The king cobra had already delivered a serious bite to the head of its opponent, but the fight was not yet over.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/huge-king-cobra-snared-amid-phuket-mating-season-snake-fight-60464.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-01-03

11 hours ago, hdkane said:

how old does a cobra have to be to attain this lenght?

Don't know, but the largest one captured was in Isaan, somewhere, and was 5.7 meters.

I have been confronted by one, at least 4 metres. When it rose up it stood about my neck height. Thankfully it decided to go away.

25 minutes ago, maoro2013 said:

Don't know, but the largest one captured was in Isaan, somewhere, and was 5.7 meters.

I have been confronted by one, at least 4 metres. When it rose up it stood about my neck height. Thankfully it decided to go away.

My sphincter would have decided to go away before the snake did.