PM calls for incorporation of religious teachings to promoting a peaceful society

webfact

PM calls for incorporation of religious teachings to promoting a peaceful society

BANGKOK, 3rd January 2017 (NNT) - Prime Minister Gen Prayut Cha-o-cha has encouraged the public to incorporate religious teachings in promoting a peaceful society. 

Spokesperson to the Prime Minister's Office Lt Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd revealed today that the Prime Minister says that all religions preach kindness, love, and forgiveness. He has implored the public to incorporate religious teachings in order to promote a peaceful society. 

Lt Gen Sansern added that Gen Prayut has expressed his confidence in the country's national, religious, and royal institutions in promoting stability and unity, while the government is tasked with ensuring the free practice of all religions and to prevent any action designed to damage religious institutions. At the same time, religious practitioners must not distort teachings nor seek short-term personal gain over the long-term national interest.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-01-03

This has absolutely nothing to do with religion. In the contrary. Religion is the main reason for violence, hatred and war, no matter which religion.

Isn't it time to separate state and religion and ban religion from public office as a purely private matter?

1 hour ago, dominique355 said:

This has absolutely nothing to do with religion. In the contrary. Religion is the main reason for violence, hatred and war, no matter which religion.

Isn't it time to separate state and religion and ban religion from public office as a purely private matter?

Some religions are more war-like and hate filled than others.

2 hours ago, Fookhaht said:

Ah, time for all the anti-religion bigots to come out of the woodwork, na?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I hope so.

If people wanna believe in the tooth fairy or Thor, etc - go nuts. But keep it at home and keep it personal. Keep it out of schools and other people's business. 

Anti- religion bigots, huh?!
I am an atheist and could not care what and if religious people believe in, as long as it doesn't interfere with my life. Religion on the other hand, sees gays as sinners, women as below men, think that slavery is okay or justify genocide!
Somehow, I can't fight the feeling, that being anti- religion is not the way of the bigot!

5 hours ago, Fookhaht said:

That's the spirit. Immediately come out, toss labels around and call people names before they even get a word in. If anyone is wondering why we have Brexit and Trump, look no further. Well done.

Well you cant say Thailand is any more 3rd World on this topic than the USA.   I just wish is was the mostly peaceful leave others alone buddaism that all the religious jealots in the US were pandering. 

22 hours ago, webfact said:

At the same time, religious practitioners must not distort teachings nor seek short-term personal gain over the long-term national interest.

I knew there had to be a hook in this statement somewhere. It started off just too condescending. Religion might help peddle the PM's road map now their days of violence seem to be over. Hard to estimate how many millions religious conflicts have killed over the centuries.