Man goes on Facebook to ask thief to return his money after he left card in ATM

webfact

Man goes on Facebook to ask thief to return his money after he left card in ATM

5p.jpg

Picture: Thhairath

SURAT THANI: -- A Thai man has made an online appeal to a female thief who he said emptied his account after he mistakenly left his ATM card in the machine.

Chaiyuth Kanchanarat went to make a transfer payment at the ATM in front of a Family Mart convenience store near The 1 Hotel in Surat Thani on Tuesday, reports Thairath.

But after completing his business he forgot to take the card out. When he got home he received a notification that someone had made a 15,200 baht withdrawal from the account.

He went to the store and asked to check the CCTV and he claims this clearly showed a woman on a Honda Wave bike at the ATM after him. He thinks she is the thief.

On Facebook Chaiyuth left his contact details for the thief saying that if his money is returned he will say no more about it.

If not, he will report the matter to police.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-04

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

On Facebook Chaiyuth left his contact details for the thief saying that if his money is returned he will say no more about it.

If not, he will report the matter to police.

Yeah, good luck with that. 

On both counts. 

I don't know about the rest of the world, but in Australia the ATM buzzes loudly until your card is removed. Here - nothing. So it is easy to take your money and forget the card. Thank Buddha, I've never done it.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

I don't know about the rest of the world, but in Australia the ATM buzzes loudly until your card is removed. Here - nothing. So it is easy to take your money and forget the card. Thank Buddha, I've never done it.

If you take out money the only way the card can be used again is if you re-enter the code.

Also the machines do beep here don't they?

Or is that only when the money is delivered?

Just now, Bluespunk said:

If you take out money the only way the card can be used again is if you re-enter the code.

Also the machines do beep here don't they?

Or is that only when the money is delivered?

There is no warning at all for a card left in the machine. It should buzz as soon as you remove your money, alerting you to the fact that you haven't removed your card. Not sure how the woman managed to empty his account without a pin, but I guess if you don't click the button that asks if you want a balance slip or not, maybe another transaction can be made.

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

There is no warning at all for a card left in the machine. It should buzz as soon as you remove your money, alerting you to the fact that you haven't removed your card. Not sure how the woman managed to empty his account without a pin, but I guess if you don't click the button that asks if you want a balance slip or not, maybe another transaction can be made.

Hmm, I know the ones I usually use makes a beeping, must be when you get your money.

Or could just be my imagination...dammit, now I have to go out and use an ATM.

As for this guy, the report says he was making a transfer, so perfectly possible that the card could be used again.

Edited by Bluespunk

12 minutes ago, giddyup said:

In Germany you have to remove your card, before you receive your money.

36 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Hmm, I know the ones I usually use makes a beeping, must be when you get your money.

Or could just be my imagination...dammit, now I have to go out and use an ATM.

As for this guy, the report says he was making a transfer, so perfectly possible that the card could be used again.

no,  impossible for card to be used again,  unless someone had his pin. 

please explain yourself how this card can be used again,  i have left / lost many cards like this over the years,  easy enough to do.

He made a transfer payment then left the card in, presumably he had put PIN number in to achieve this, leaving the fortunate lady to press yes to further transactions and then clean him out.

He's hoping she panics over the CCTV footage and gives the money back, very slim chance but he has nothing ( more) to lose !!

57 minutes ago, pumpjack said:

no,  impossible for card to be used again,  unless someone had his pin. 

please explain yourself how this card can be used again,  i have left / lost many cards like this over the years,  easy enough to do.

Explain myself? Who made you god?

However, if you make transactions that do not involve withdrawing money, other transactions are available after that without the need to re-enter your pin.

The only time a re-entering of the pin is required is after you withdraw money, at least it is with my bank.

3 hours ago, mercman24 said:

what is he doing with all this money in the bank, needs investigation, sorry, those with realy  big money never get investigated

are you being sarcastic? 15,000 baht is less than $600 

Its about a months worth of salary for some thai people.

4 hours ago, mercman24 said:

what is he doing with all this money in the bank, needs investigation, sorry, those with realy  big money never get investigated

15,200 Baht....."what is he doing with all this money in the bank" ?

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Left mine in a atm here. The atm took the card which does after xx amount of time. That's what my bank told me in my home country. She had to standing right behind him but how did she get his pin number? He may have not covered his hands when he entered it she must have seen the number.

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

Yes I seen it as well was waiting to use

a t m and lady before me left her card I took it to the 7/11 and handed it to them .

the a t m was in front of the 7/11 

53 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

Left mine in a atm here. The atm took the card which does after xx amount of time. That's what my bank told me in my home country. She had to standing right behind him but how did she get his pin number? He may have not covered his hands when he entered it she must have seen the number.

Read previous posts and stop making a fool of yourself !

The bank is able to say EXACTLY what happened after Chaiyuth; they must run chronological logs. 

Question is also, how this very very smart woman knew Chaiyuth's PIN code; or was it whispered into her during previous night's dreams? A PIN-brabbling ghost possibly? 

Yes, here you can take your money and walk away from the ATM leaving your card in and still "active". The next person in the queue can start another transaction.

In the UK you have to remove your card then the ATM gives you your money; a simple change to the steps in the software?