Minivan driver dumps his passenger in Pattaya saying "sorry my time is up"

webfact

Minivan driver dumps his passenger in Pattaya saying "sorry my time is up"

3pp.jpg

Picture: Thairath

PATTAYA: -- A video and story is doing the rounds of Thai social media after it was claimed a minivan driver dumped his passenger in Pattaya in the middle of the night.

And the driver's excuse for not taking the passenger to his destination? "My time is up", said the driver.

The man who posted the altercation seen by 80,000 people online ended up taking the stranded passenger home. He had paid 180 baht to go from Bang Na to Map Thap Phut in the van, reports Thairath.

But the driver made a diversion and just dumped him in Pattaya instead.

The incident happened on Monday and was posted on the page of "Jirawut Yun EK Emperor". The poster said he took pity on the passenger and took him home.

Apparently he didn't ask for money for his kind gesture but the passenger forced 200 baht into his hand.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-05

three of my friends were on the way to the airport from Pattaya when their driver said he needed to stop for fuel . he didn't stop at a bowser but instead he asked for more money (even though an agreement had been made on the price) and when they said no he drove them back towards Pattaya refusing to stop until he was forced to stop after which they had to organize another van to take them to the airport just in time to make their flight back to Aus .

If "my time is up" means that he had been too long behind the wheel and was tired I would suggest him for a praise/award.

Better than killing 25 people like in the recent terrible accident.

Due to latest reports the driver felt asleep (not drunk).

And now time to analyze what is behind these crazy over-hours and racing.

Paid by ride, unlimited?

Self employed?

I really don't know how it works.

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

If "my time is up" means that he had been too long behind the wheel and was tired I would suggest for a praise/award.

And now time to analyze what is behind these crazy over-hours.

Paid by ride, unlimited?

Hope I don't hear the same from the pilots of the plane I am on...

1 hour ago, trogers said:

You could.

Just that it happens before takeoff :tongue:

Every other time passengers are stranded/do hotel overnights after delay due to a technical problem or the like would lead to "overtime" (and no backup staff on site).

Can lead to the absurd situation that plane is fixed but pilots no allowed to continue.

Experienced this once on my own.

So what we have here is an are acts that are from the sublime to the ridiculous

where either the driver is over worked or he jettison his passengers

mid journey,, can't be there a win win situation somewhere?.....

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

If "my time is up" means that he had been too long behind the wheel and was tired I would suggest him for a praise/award.

Paid by ride, unlimited?

Self employed?

Another thread with a similar scenario ended up with the driver getting sacked.

16 minutes ago, champers said:

Another thread with a similar scenario ended up with the driver getting sacked.

Now let's wait what Thailand's man of year ideas are to get the problems under control.

Who will suffer? Operators or drivers?

1 hour ago, trogers said:

I have, sitting on a plane waiting to take off and while the pilot arranged with another plane's pilots to switch takeoff slots.... the tower ignored it....  putting our pilots over the limit on the number of hours.... so we had to pull back to the gate and the flight was cancelled.

2 hours ago, keith101 said:

three of my friends were on the way to the airport from Pattaya when their driver said he needed to stop for fuel . he didn't stop at a bowser but instead he asked for more money (even though an agreement had been made on the price) and when they said no he drove them back towards Pattaya refusing to stop until he was forced to stop after which they had to organize another van to take them to the airport just in time to make their flight back to Aus .

That is why you should only use trusted transport/Taxi businesses in Pattaya, of which there are quite a few, even though the ride will be maybe 100THB more per Pax. But money well spent. Or use the Airport Buses at corner Thepprasit/Thapraya as well as BELL travel at Northern Bus station, both service operated by RoongReuang Coach. Safe and reliable (the same can not be said of their regular Bangkok-Pattaya Buses leaving from the Northern Bus station though. just yesterday I experienced yet another madman, playing more with his Smartphone than watching the traffic, while exceeding the speed limit at 90% of the time)

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Now let's wait what Thailand's man of year ideas are to get the problems under control.

Who will suffer? Operators or drivers?

Yes...but the thai man of the year isn't intending to do anything about this van thingy for 3 months...read "never"

7 hours ago, keith101 said:

Did they pay him anything? Or did he drive the distance for no money? In which case, he was even more stupid than one would give him credit for.

The driver shouldn't have accepted the fare in the first place.... it's not rocket science to figure out how long the journey would take... or as close as give a damn.

and then there is the possibility of endangering the client, by stranding him in an unfamiliar or dangerous area.

alternatively, the driver could have actually acted responsibly (my time is up, get out, is not a responsible action) and used his cell phone to arrange another taxi.

pathetic behavior... absolutely pathetic.

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

yes your time is up mini van driving scum of the earth.

take all the drivers and stuff them into their vans, seal the doors up and let the parents of the dead children set the vans on fire.

Next case.

quite like it, but to be fair they are just earning a living in a system that is against them. Drive the hours we set or no job!

It would be nice if the good general got a grip and sorted out some regulation. I thought he would have reformed the police by now, because without that, no legislation is effective. 

If I could make one law here it would be to require all politicians and military to only use public transport (death vans), I suspect standards would improve quickly

Not unusual, on one of my early trips to Thailand early 90's myself and other tourists were dumped on Pattaya Nua instead of delivering us to our hotels. Some had no idea where their hotels were. I also once took an elderly lady on the back of my bike as she had failed to recognize her hotel when other passengers were dropped off by the songtaew  after a day trip. Now he was asking her for 200 baht (a lot in those days) to be returned to her hotel which was off the baht bus route. Poor lady was hot, faint and distressed.

The famous Thai smile and 'wai' uses an upturned palm.

18 hours ago, keith101 said:

way back about 10 or 12 years ago I arrived at BKK at about 2 AM.  Took my carry on bag and caught a taxi.  This was my third trip I think.  After about 30 minutes on the way to Pattaya the guy pulls over to some barely lit petrol station, got some fuel, went inside for something.  I had no idea where we were and I was starting to prepare for some scam or attack.  After a few minutes the driver got back in and off we went.  I guess they don't keep much fuel in their cab and only gas up when they get a paid fare.

On 1/5/2017 at 0:31 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Paid by ride, unlimited?

Self employed?

The driver deserves praise and a reward???? <deleted> are you drinking...He need a foot up his arse!