Chiang Mai cop shoots himself dead at Chang Pheuak police station

webfact

Chiang Mai cop shoots himself dead at Chang Pheuak police station

6p.jpg

Picture: Sanook

CHIANG MAI: -- A 48 year old Chiang Mai policeman shot himself in the head behind the Chang Pheuak police station last night.

Named only as Prasong he was a low ranking officer who was a driver for the station superintendent Adul Somneuk.

Police said that he had been out on business in his pick-up truck and returned to the station and parked behind the canteen. He got out and put a .38 gun to his right temple and fired, reports Sanook.

He was rushed to Nakornping Hospital in Mae Rim where surgeons tried to save his life but was later pronounced dead.

The force said that he was a well liked and capable officer. He had left a suicide note in the station detailing personal problems arising from debts. He wrote that he saw no way out from these issues and had decided to end his life.

Prasong graduated from the police academy in Lampang in 1996.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-06

In Thailand it is almost impossible to get debts discharged. Banks would get judgements against you and have your pay attached until the debt has been paid. Bankruptcy here is much different than in the West. I imagine that those owing money to loan sharks are even under more pressure. Household debt in Thailand is truly a staggering problem.

2 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

One of the criminals from the so called elite should have paid off his debt. 

Agreed.  Let's see.  Chiang Mai, policeman . . . sounds like Thaksin or one of his flunkies, like Yingluck.  Forgot, he's doing deals in Dubai and she's taking photo ops at the shopping malls which were built during her administration.

8 minutes ago, UnkleMoooose said:

It is very, very hard to feel any sort of sympathy when something bad happens to a Thai cop.

thats not fair . some of the best people i know in cm are cops . there the same as everybody else in this world ,struggling just to get by the only way they know how .if he made his way to being a cop , hes doing better than most . its more than likley he was honest ,hence the reason he couldnt pay his debts . have some respct , not all people are the same .

10 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

It's only money......why kill yourself?????

Maybe he didn't and it was a murder. Maybe some of his superiors were involved in arranging his suicide , we will never know. 

15 hours ago, UnkleMoooose said:

It is very, very hard to feel any sort of sympathy when something bad happens to a Thai cop.

What a horrible thing to say. I know a couple and they are very decent, honest people. I've also been in a couple of accidents and the Thai police couldn't have been more kind and caring. Think before you write such drivel.

15 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

It's only money......why kill yourself?????

Probably easy to say if one is moneyed and not in debt. One cannot live without money in a monetary society.

Debt has to be right up there with poor health and relationship problems as reasons behind suicide (if we could ask them).

17 hours ago, UnkleMoooose said:

You have an incredible lack of imagination, not to mention empathy for your fellow man. I feel sorry for people who think like you. Your life must be unbelievably dreary. No insult intended, but in all seriousness you may want to think about consulting a psychologist. Or perhaps try thinking a just a little deeper by yourself maybe...?

I'm sorry for the young man and hope he was a good cop. I'm sure there are many good police in Thailand. I believe the bad cops deserve any kind of death and unfortunately we hear about the bad scum often.  I personally know of Thai cops who help put people in prison because they never got a payout. They lie in court. Whether these Thai people were innocent makes no difference to these scum. This is a sickness that is well know and the ones who hire these types of people are also to blame. Rest in peace young man.