Trump ‘picks Coats’ as new US intelligence chief

webfact

Trump ‘picks Coats’ as new US intelligence chief

606x341_354189.jpg

WASHINGTON: -- Former US Senator Dan Coats is Donald Trump’s choice as his Director of National Intelligence according to officials on the president-elect’s transition team.

The 73-year-old, a traditional conservative from Indiana, was also the American ambassador to Germany under Republican President George W. Bush.

An official announcement is expected soon as Trump puts his stamp on the US intelligence community ahead of his inauguration in two weeks time.

He has frequently criticised its claims about alleged Russian hacking during the presidential campaign.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2017-01-06

Gee, another person over 60 years old. I think the average age of the new cabinet is somewhere around 65 or older. I wonder how they will relate to the younger generations? 

I guess you got to have backup singers that don't look as good as you do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Coats

In 2007, Coats served as co-chairman of a team of lobbyists for Cooper Industries, a Texas corporation that moved its principal place of business to Bermuda, where it would not be liable for U.S. taxes. In that role, he worked to block Senate legislation that would have closed a tax loophole, worth hundreds of millions of dollars to Cooper Industries.[22]

The NYT also reported that Coats was co-chairman of the Washington government relations office of King & Spalding, with a salary of $603,609.[22]

What was that comment about draining the swamp? LOL

1 hour ago, Silurian said:

Gee, another person over 60 years old. I think the average age of the new cabinet is somewhere around 65 or older. I wonder how they will relate to the younger generations? 

I guess you got to have backup singers that don't look as good as you do.

Yes another trough feeder. Do the job a couple years and get another fat pension. He worked for Bush years ago and no doubt is collecting a stipend for services rendered. One would need a calculator to add up the mini pensions these turkeys will get and most payments start immediately not like you and I at age 65. Its just one big Washington daisy chain by membership only. 

32 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

One thing is for sure, we are seeing history being made here.  There is certainly much more than a book and a film going on and we are all living through the reality of "The Trump Years"... Actually it may be "The Trump Months" or hopefully just "The Trump Moment".

33 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

One thing is for sure, we are seeing history being made here.  There is certainly much more than a book and a film going on and we are all living through the reality of "The Trump Years"... Actually it may be "The Trump Months" or hopefully just "The Trump Moment".

Just to add a little spice to your Trump moment

3 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Yes I know that is true but the Trumpsters are not programmed to believe anything against their boy.  It's the blind faith that is so dangerous and unhealthy  

These so called real Trumpeters were always the paid workforce of Putin who managed to get a league of low iq morons to support the 'cause'. 

Putin saw that there was an possibility to cause division of real human beings in US as well as in Europe. He took advantage of it. I would not be surprised if Putin had given financial and ideological support to Black lives matter, simply to cause more conflict in the US. 

Putin is smart and with his background, he knows how to play the game. This is a game for him, as it's life for many other people.

Don't ever forget what Putin really is. 

17 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Yes another trough feeder. Do the job a couple years and get another fat pension. He worked for Bush years ago and no doubt is collecting a stipend for services rendered. One would need a calculator to add up the mini pensions these turkeys will get and most payments start immediately not like you and I at age 65. Its just one big Washington daisy chain by membership only. 

..you can always stand for parliament in your own country..do the hard work and then be rewarded as they are with the legislation they passed.

2 hours ago, tandor said:

..you can always stand for parliament in your own country..do the hard work and then be rewarded as they are with the legislation they passed.

Give me a break. They are not just US politicians its a world wide political disease. Please do not insult my intelligence by quoting politicians and hard work in the same sentence. Rewarded yes and that brings us back to my quote. We have come full circle. Have a great day. 

16 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Yes I know that is true but the Trumpsters are not programmed to believe anything against their boy.  It's the blind faith that is so dangerous and unhealthy  

I had to give you a like as your right on the money. Sometimes I think all of us have already arrived at conclusions to different issues in life and we automatically reject conclusions that collide with our imprinted ideas. Minds are becoming more like steel traps than a thinking apparatus. I feel sorry for all the steel/rust belters that propelled Trump to power. The jobs that disappeared will sadly never reappear. There will however be an onslaught of low wage jobs come onto American shores courtesy of the Chinese. Along with that will come common uniforms morning exercises Chinese chants to the great and glorious company that has so generously given them a low wage job with no union or benefits and well you can picture the rest. 

Edited by elgordo38

2 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Give me a break. They are not just US politicians its a world wide political disease. Please do not insult my intelligence by quoting politicians and hard work in the same sentence. Rewarded yes and that brings us back to my quote. We have come full circle. Have a great day. 

...What!...we the electors put them there.