Trump hits back at Meryl Streep, calls actress 'overrated'

snoop1130

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

You ask me to respond to questions based on a statement you claim I have made, which I have not. And ask me why I have a problem with something that I have not said I have a problem with,

Hence the bafflement.

I would love to follow you down this rabbit hole. Please proceed.

T

Now I'm baffled, are you denying making this statement? 

"I am baffled by people who voted for a celebrity businessman who hosted and is still executive producer of "Celebrity Apprentice"— dissing celebrities."  :wai:

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What is the big deal about his twitter ravings? I've never read a "twitter", ever, so it doesn't concern me in the least one way or the other. Perhaps a lot of people are reading his ramblings just so they can get all hot and bothered. I see no other reason to be complaining about them. It's easy not to read anything on "twitter", and far as I can see it is just a huge waste of time doing so.

Strangely enough what effects you personally does not constitute a general standard for how things are judged. As for your contrived take on Tweeter and Trump's tweets - the president elect himself actually praises both, and uses them as his favorite mode of communicating to the public whatever is on his mind. Guess that ignoring Trump's tweets would work for those not taking an interest or those wishing to deny anything which might cast him in a negative light.

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not so.

There are other people to manage the transition- President ( elects ) have better thing to do with their time than micro manage  bureaucracy.

He doesn't HAVE to divest anything.

He doesn't have to hold press briefings. That is the press secretary's job.

So, Trump doesn't really have a job, then?

6 minutes ago, Morch said:

Strangely enough what effects you personally does not constitute a general standard for how things are judged. As for your contrived take on Tweeter and Trump's tweets - the president elect himself actually praises both, and uses them as his favorite mode of communicating to the public whatever is on his mind. Guess that ignoring Trump's tweets would work for those not taking an interest or those wishing to deny anything which might cast him in a negative light.

LOL. Just because Trump thinks twittering is a great thing does not mean that everyone else has to read them. If that is his preferred method of communicating count me out on that. I've better things to do with my time than read silly ravings from anyone.

Don't be silly, of course I'm interested as the past 18 months on here proves. Just not interested in stupid twittering.

54 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Just because Trump thinks twittering is a great thing does not mean that everyone else has to read them. If that is his preferred method of communicating count me out on that. I've better things to do with my time than read silly ravings from anyone.

Don't be silly, of course I'm interested as the past 18 months on here proves. Just not interested in stupid twittering.

How would you know what Trump intends to do, then? What are his views? Supposed policies? Or, for that matter, scrap "you", replace with "the public".

12 minutes ago, Morch said:

How would you know what Trump intends to do, then? What are his views? Supposed policies? Or, for that matter, scrap "you", replace with "the public".

???????

He's been out for the past 18 months speaking his policies at public meetings and in the debates. Did you miss all them?

35 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

???????

He's been out for the past 18 months speaking his policies at public meetings and in the debates. Did you miss all them?

So you like the idea of scrapping regulations on big banks and hedge funds?  Let them go back to doing what they do best. Screwing up the world economy. Are you looking forward to another great recession? Maybe even a full blown depression?

35 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

???????

Yes, I missed them all. I watched all his speeches and all his rally's. 60% of his time was spent lying about and slagging off any opponent, 30% of his time was spent talking about himself and how great and rich he is, 9.9% of his time was regurgitating word salad and any time left he either avoided any questions on policies,  knew nothing at all about the subject, pivoted back to Clinton or simply lied (such as the wall, which became a fence and yesterday was a wall again). His policy on Obamacare is 'repeal and replace', he claims it can be done in "one hour" and his only answer to 'how will you do that, what does the new healthcare look like' is "you will be so proud, so so proud"! Take your blinkers off. It is no shame to admit he conned you and he is a crooked buffoon. I genuinely feel sorry for people who cannot see what is wrong with him.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

???????

Oh, so now campaign trail promises do mean something? Wasn't it claimed that this was just stuff said before the election? And here's a news flash - the world doesn't stop with the elections.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The stupider the better! I have exactly no-thing else superior to do with my time. Strapped in and ready to go!

51 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Yes, I missed them all. I watched all his speeches and all his rally's. 60% of his time was spent lying about and slagging off any opponent, 30% of his time was spent talking about himself and how great and rich he is, 9.9% of his time was regurgitating word salad and any time left he either avoided any questions on policies,  knew nothing at all about the subject, pivoted back to Clinton or simply lied (such as the wall, which became a fence and yesterday was a wall again). His policy on Obamacare is 'repeal and replace', he claims it can be done in "one hour" and his only answer to 'how will you do that, what does the new healthcare look like' is "you will be so proud, so so proud"! Take your blinkers off. It is no shame to admit he conned you and he is a crooked buffoon. I genuinely feel sorry for people who cannot see what is wrong with him.

You are sooo wrong on that 9.9% figure.

1 hour ago, Andaman Al said:

I thought this was about Trump hits back at Streep.  Obviously ran out of things to say or are you just into hijacking the thread.  Clearly not a deplorable and are happy to have an overrated actor highjack the Globe Awards in order to express more of the left's propaganda.

It was actually quite a good piece of acting, maybe she was into re-building her profile so that those of the same ilk who were present, would hold her in a higher esteem than is warranted

As for him being a crooked buffoon, you have no idea, you're just regurgitating what many others are continually bellyaching about.  You are all just a pack of sore losers, so get over it, he won and will be President in 8 days despite the last minute efforts of the other losers trying to put a spoke into his wheel.  :wai:  

Edited by Si Thea01

2 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

So you like the idea of scrapping regulations on big banks and hedge funds?  Let them go back to doing what they do best. Screwing up the world economy. Are you looking forward to another great recession? Maybe even a full blown depression?

That is a good point - and one I do not expect Trump to fix.  The banksters now have a gun to the head of the economy of the entire planet, and exact punishment for any who displease them. 

I saw an interview with Larry Summers the other day, where he was criticizing Trump on this point.  Yet it was Larry Summers under Bill Clinton who pushed deregulation and helped take down the Glass-Steagal Act, which is what set-up the great Depression/Recession, in turn leading to the bankster-bailouts.

I've always thought that underpopulated countries in Africa are vastly under-polluted.

- Larry Summers

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not so.

There are other people to manage the transition- President ( elects ) have better thing to do with their time than micro manage  bureaucracy.

He doesn't HAVE to divest anything.

He doesn't have to hold press briefings. That is the press secretary's job.

If you say so.

T

2 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

I thought this was about Trump hits back at Streep.  Obviously ran out of things to say or are you just into hijacking the thread.  Clearly not a deplorable and are happy to have an overrated actor highjack the Globe Awards in order to express more of the left's propaganda.

It was actually quite a good piece of acting, maybe she was into re-building her profile so that those of the same ilk who were present, would hold her in a higher esteem than is warranted

As for him being a crooked buffoon, you have no idea, you're just regurgitating what many others are continually bellyaching about.  You are all just a pack of sore losers, so get over it, he won and will be President in 8 days despite the last minute efforts of the other losers trying to put a spoke into his wheel.  :wai:  

Surely you meant to direct your post to your fellow Trump supporter below who I was simply replying to. It was his post that went off the rails wouldn't you agree. But criticising one of your own regardless of the situation is not really a Trumpeteers trait is it?

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

???????

9 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Is that the same Bernie who just bought the nice big house after endorsing the most pro-war and anti-American-citizen-policy candidate of any in the general-stage of the election?  I'll give him credit for opposing the outsourcing trade-deals, though his reversal on the campaign trail of his previous (good) policy of, "Open Borders are the Koch Bros Immigration Policy," was unfortunate.  I could not disagree more strongly with his "bigger govt" solutions to economic issues.

If it's not OK for foreign govts to manipulate elections, we should inform the folks at the CIA and National Endowment for "Democracy" (sic) (and groups they fund) about that.  I'm not implying you approve of such, only that it's a bit rich for the USA to lecture any other country on the subject.  If the emails had been fake, there would be a much better case for criticism.  If similar leaks had been made available from the RNC (FBI confirmed attempts to hack which failed), they would likely have revealed insider-attempts to destroy Trump, so would actually have helped him.

As to Trump as POTUS, I'm in "wait and see" mode.  I don't buy what politicians promise.  The "GOP establishment" (Ryan, McCain, Graham) are as vile as the "DLC Dems" which the Koch Bros financed into power (Bill Clinton, etc).  That said, when you only have one candidate even saying they will oppose both of the primary policies of Globalization destroying American lives and families - immigration and trade - it is safe to say the others are not a good bet. 

I think you are misguided, but we are stuck with what we have.

8 hours ago, Thakkar said:

I am baffled by people who voted for a celebrity businessman who hosted and is still executive producer of "Celebrity Apprentice"— dissing celebrities.

T

He's making a mockery of the US Presidency 

9 minutes ago, rijb said:

He's not sworn in yet.  You want mockery, take a look at some of the scumbags in Congress.

True, but the US President gets all the press.  Donny has a lot of issues, and he's making unnecessary enemies all the way around because of his insecurities.  He is emotionally weak, and he thinks he is on a cakewalk.  His proposed policies cancel themselves out to a net nothing, with the exception of more debt.  This is not a TV show, and people won't kiss his ass like in his business.  Even Fox news is making space from him.  It's kind of funny, in a sick way.  Considering there is nothing to do but watch at this point.

Edited by Redline

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What is the big deal about his twitter ravings? I've never read a "twitter", ever, so it doesn't concern me in the least one way or the other. Perhaps a lot of people are reading his ramblings just so they can get all hot and bothered. I see no other reason to be complaining about them. It's easy not to read anything on "twitter", and far as I can see it is just a huge waste of time doing so.

His Tweets are widely report about.  Hard not to hear about his rants and lies via Twitter.  The reason people complain about them is because they are lies and well, just plain rude.  Unbecoming for a president of the US.  Any head of state for that matter.

10 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

Surely you meant to direct your post to your fellow Trump supporter below who I was simply replying to. It was his post that went off the rails wouldn't you agree. But criticising one of your own regardless of the situation is not really a Trumpeteers trait is it?

No just you.  I was doing like wise, simply replying to your post.  Yo keep on keeping on though, we all enjoy it.:wai: