'You are fake news!' Trump presides over turbulent news conference

webfact

20 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

I have made it very plain that I do not much like him, but the man won the election and is about to become president.  I also object to the way that he has been dishonestly demonized before and since he was elected. IMO,  something like 80% of the talking points against him are very distorted facts or out and out lies.

I'm not sure national security is a distorted fact ..

"Outgoing CIA Director John Brennan blasted Donald Trump Sunday for discussing the possible easing of sanctions against Russia, saying the President-elect "does not have a full appreciation and understanding of the implications."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/cia-head-brennan-blasts-trump-plans-ease-russian-relations-article-1.2946973

therefore, Trump cannot be the leader of the free world!

Edited by Opl

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Removed Post edited out*

Do you realize Trump's  flip flop about Russia's interference in the US election proves he "does not have a full appreciation and understanding of the implications."?

15 things Trump said about Russia that seem even weirder now

https://thinkprogress.org/15-things-trump-said-about-russia-that-seem-even-weirder-now-e1c9256040a1#.q4lox4ij4

"Trump responded to the most recent allegations by parroting Russian denials and comparing the United States to Nazi Germany."

9 minutes ago, jcsmith said:

You keep saying that you don't like him but your post history says otherwise.

Not if you actually read my posts before leveling such dishonest charges. I made it plain for many months that he was never my choice and that I was not going to vote for him. However, was elected president and I am hoping that he will be a good one. So far, he has not disappointed me.

A post from a less-than-reliable source has been removed.   This is what it says about the source:

On August 15, 2014, U.S. National Counterintelligence Executive (NCE) William Evanina confirmed that the FBI is moving forward with a probe into how classified documents were leaked to The Intercept for its article published on August 5.[27] "It's a criminal act that has us very concerned," said Evanina, a former FBI special agent with a counter-terrorism specialty who was appointed NCE by Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper in May 2014.[28]

In August 2014, The Intercept revealed that members of the US military are banned from reading it.[29]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Intercept

Come up with a credible source before posting.  

57 minutes ago, Scott said:

A post from a less-than-reliable source has been removed.   This is what it says about the source:

On August 15, 2014, U.S. National Counterintelligence Executive (NCE) William Evanina confirmed that the FBI is moving forward with a probe into how classified documents were leaked to The Intercept for its article published on August 5.[27] "It's a criminal act that has us very concerned," said Evanina, a former FBI special agent with a counter-terrorism specialty who was appointed NCE by Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper in May 2014.[28]

In August 2014, The Intercept revealed that members of the US military are banned from reading it.[29]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Intercept

Come up with a credible source before posting.  

Will do:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/13/glenn-greenwald-democrats-hoping-intelligence-agencies-will-undermine-and-subvert-trump-presidency.html

http://www.inquisitr.com/3884598/cia-trying-to-destroy-trump-even-before-he-is-sworn-in-glenn-greenwald-claims/ 

16 minutes ago, kevkev1888 said:

The bar is set very very high in my mind, but then I am setting from what Trump has said and done until now, rather than Obama's continued fails.

Well firstly I was neither commenting or interested in what was in your mind KevKev1888, so while you leapt into this one how about you give us all an idea of just what Trump has said and done until now that has impressed you, and then one of us will give it some balance. A bit like ying and yang eh. Go on then you first.

Just now, kevkev1888 said:

I know you are not interested, I will leave you to your sad pee pee jokes.

No really I am interested, you said it so back yourself up with a few facts or is that simply to difficult? Mission impossible maybe?! 

My sad Pee Pee jokes? You single me out of 187Million people now referring to DJT as PeeOTUS, I am honoured. He will be PeeOTUS throughout his entire term you watch ;)

I have made it very plain that I do not much like him, but the man won the election and is about to become president.  I also object to the way that he has been dishonestly demonized before and since he was elected. IMO,  something like 80% of the talking points against him are very distorted facts or out and out lies.

You say you don't like him, your actions state something different.
But no, he is not being demonized or treated dishonestly, he is the one demonizing everybody else and keeps on lying about everything.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Just now, Ulysses G. said:

Won an election that was supposed to be unwinnable, just for a start.

Entirely on lies and ignorant bombastic rhetoric.

Nothing that he has promised the Lemmings will come to fruition.

Nothing.

But, it's quite apparent all this is satisfactory for you.

Waiting kevkev...

He'll never get the nomination, he got it. He doesn't even want to win the election, he wanted it. I'll eat my hat if he wins the election, he won it. I can see why you are doubtful as to the liberals predictions.

What prediction, his reply was about a reflection.

But we're getting off topic here, exactly as some posters want.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

11 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Are you serious? The same thing applies to the Trump haters in spades.  Pot, kettle, black.

I think what you are saying is true. I think in general things have become infinitely more partisan, and far more personal, than they used to be. I have friends from all walks of life, and all political persuasions, and like to be able to discuss our different points of view. I can do this with a few of them. Some, it is just too hot a topic. The polarization of politics is not a good thing for American society, nor any society or people. We have to be able to agree to disagree. So what, if my friend has a completely different point of view than mine.

Just now, Ulysses G. said:

He is proceeding with the wall and cleaning up immigration.  He is going to get rid of Obamacare. Will have to wait and see about everything else.

Wrong.

You will have to wait and see about any of the con-man's "promises"

Because now, it is still all bluster.

Not fact.

As you like to state...

7 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Can you provide a list of out and out lies about Trump the media has reported on?

15 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Easy to refute these.  Here's one:

4. Trump said John McCain is not a war hero. The Washington Post reported that Trump said "McCain was not a war hero because he was captured by the North Vietnamese." But Trump immediately modified his statement by saying, four times, that McCain is a war hero, including: "He is a war hero" and "he is a war hero because he was captured."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/jul/19/donald-trump/trump-i-called-mccain-hero-four-times/

Our ruling

Trump said, "Four times, I said (McCain) is a hero but you know … people choose selective pieces."

Trump literally said McCain is a hero five times, but never without caveats. Once, he added "perhaps, I believe" before conceding the point. Twice, he was interrupted. And the last two times, Trump said, "He is a war hero because he was captured." In other words, Trump also chose "selective pieces" and misquoted himself.

We rate his claim Mostly False.

Try again....

21 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Sorry, but he did indeed say McCain was a war hero, although I do not approve of the other things he said.  Politifact admits it too, although they feel that was not good enough. 

You have 9 more media lies to attempt to prove. Since they are so "easy to refute", have at it.

Why don't you start with number 1 and "prove" he is not a billionaire?

http://www.forbes.com/donald-trump/#773f3326790b

Edited by Ulysses G.

10 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Sorry, but he did indeed say McCain was a war hero, although I do not approve of the other things he said.  Politifact admits it too, although they feel that was not good enough. 

You have 9 more media lies to attempt to prove. Since they are so "easy to refute", have at it.

Did you read my link?  It doesn't seem so. Politifact rated Trump's claims as FALSE.

Some of the others are a bit ridiculous.  Grasping at straws.

17 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Did you read my link?  It doesn't seem so. Politifact rated Trump's claims as FALSE.

I did and - as usual - you are exaggerating. They rated it "mostly" false and they also admitted that Trump said McCain was a war hero 5 times, with caveats, so he did say it, but was not very nice about it. 

"Trump literally said McCain is a hero five times, but never without caveats."

Now, go to "proving" that he is not a billionaire and the 8 other media lies.

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-net-worth-2015-6

Edited by Ulysses G.