Thief in Jomtien makes off with over 100,000 Baht in Cash

webfact

Over 100,000 Baht Cash Stolen and takes S**t in Doorway on Way Out

By Danny Boy -

cctv-thief-1.jpg?fit=739,554

Thief makes off with over 100,000 Baht in Cash

PATTAYA: -- CCTV images have caught a thief red handed stealing over 100,000 Baht in cash from the cashier of a restaurant located in Jomtien. It is the third time it has happened over a short period of time.

The police were not called however, as the owner and staff have had no help or response from them in the past. This time, the victims have gone straight to the news channels, in an attempt to highlight the problem and get the police to do something about it.

The incident took place around 02:00am, when the restaurant was closed. The thief is seen to break the lock on the door and force his way into the venue. He is very relaxed and even grabs a bottle of whisky, which he causally sips straight from the bottle whilst looking around.

He then makes his way upstairs where he finds the cashier desk containing over 100,000 Baht in cash. No content with just the money, he feels the need to leave a little present for the staff, and proceeds to squat down and take a s**t right in the middle of the entrance to the restaurant. He finally made his getaway on a motorbike which was parked directly outside the venue.

The thief has been described to be roughly 165-170cm tall and around 25-30 years of age. Due to the publicity, police have now got involved and are asking anyone who recognizes the suspect to come forward.

They are also reviewing other cctv images from around the area in an attempt to find out where the suspect may have gone. The investigation continues.

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/100000-baht-cash-stolen-takes-sht-doorway-way/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2017-01-16

"...and proceeds to squat down and take a s**t right in the middle of the entrance to the restaurant."

How about saying "defecates" not "take a s**t".

We know Pattaya is one of the lowest class cities on the earth but you don't have to write like it.

Anyway. Promote the thief to mayor of Pattaya.

Next case.

So the place has been knocked over 3 times now...money seems to be in the same place upstairs....

Sometimes people just never learn.......

But I like the concept of own policing, to show the incompetence of the RTP.....good CCTV is important now everywhere, as that seems to be the only thing the RTP seem to use.

2 hours ago, jobsworth said:

the police tell me that it often happens that a thief will take a shit at the scene of a robbery. it happened to me in london. it must be the excitement and the contempt for the victim of the robbery. it is not peculiar to thailand.

My house was burglarized years ago,  same happened to me, the burglar defecated in the middle of the kitchen floor, naively I had not understood why he did not go to the toilet :sad:

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Over 100,000 Baht Cash Stolen and takes S**t in Doorway on Way Out

Another good example of carefully chosen words in a quality news article

Due to the publicity, police have now got involved

if not for the publicity, they wouldn't? is this a joke?

he feels the need to leave a little present for the staff

more of the quality reporting!.sounds more like a commentary instead of sticking to the facts.

Edited by pattayadude

Having a dump while doing a crime is a sign of fear in human,s according to a famous book I read many times called (THE HUMAN ANIMAL part one of two Books with the same title). Several years ago when I lived in Pattaya some Thief did a shit in the deep fat fryer while robing the till of its contents  in a fish & chip shop it was the only Fish & Chip Shop in Pattaya at the time the English Lady who ran the business also had another business called Pats Pies. I'm just glad the thief never robed her Pie shop as he may of filled a Pie with a turd & put a crust on the top. I do know the Thai Police use DNA  by watching & reading many crime reports. So why wasn't the evidence ( THE TURD ) taken by the Police for DNA ?. 

20 hours ago, Rumbleg said:

I wonder how big a safe you could buy for 100000B

In the UK a secondhand referb office safe 900x750x750 would probably set you back equivalent of B25,000, but expect to pay a lot for shipping and handling as they weigh in excess of 300Kg empty and you are not going to get one upstairs...

2 hours ago, RickoMortis said:

Having a dump while doing a crime is a sign of fear in human,s according to a famous book I read many times called (THE HUMAN ANIMAL part one of two Books with the same title). Several years ago when I lived in Pattaya some Thief did a shit in the deep fat fryer while robing the till of its contents  in a fish & chip shop it was the only Fish & Chip Shop in Pattaya at the time the English Lady who ran the business also had another business called Pats Pies. I'm just glad the thief never robed her Pie shop as he may of filled a Pie with a turd & put a crust on the top. I do know the Thai Police use DNA  by watching & reading many crime reports. So why wasn't the evidence ( THE TURD ) taken by the Police for DNA ?. 

I would have thought by now any DNA evidence submitted by the BiB would be laughed out of court...

It's quite normal in Thailand to take a s**t outside the doorstep of someone you don't like. I experienced that myself.  Just a part of the daily and exotic rituals of Thailand. I learned so much more about Thai culture than what's written in the tourist guides after 5 years living here, I could write a completely different book about it.   

Edited by balo

10 hours ago, RickoMortis said:

Was the fat fryer on ?  Then I think he would have been adequately punished :P

On 1/16/2017 at 4:38 AM, NCC1701A said:

"...and proceeds to squat down and take a s**t right in the middle of the entrance to the restaurant."

How about saying "defecates" not "take a s**t".

We know Pattaya is one of the lowest class cities on the earth but you don't have to write like it.

Anyway. Promote the thief to mayor of Pattaya.

Next case.

Danny Boy woz no gud at speling wen he went to skool.

17 hours ago, RickoMortis said:

So why wasn't the evidence ( THE TURD ) taken by the Police for DNA ?. 

Probably superfluous.  To match the DNA, they have to have a sample from the thief.  But once they have a thief in custody, they always seem to confess to all kinds of crimes they've committed over the years.  So, no need for the turd.

On 16/01/2017 at 8:49 AM, jobsworth said:

the police tell me that it often happens that a thief will take a shit at the scene of a robbery. it happened to me in london. it must be the excitement and the contempt for the victim of the robbery. it is not peculiar to thailand.

Or the heroin wearing off.