Angry 400lb lion attacks British tourist who patted him on the bum while posing for pictures in Thailand

webfact

Angry 400lb lion attacks British tourist who patted him on the bum while posing for pictures in Thailand

mi.jpg

Robbie mucks around before making the lion angry

Robbie Gaine from Garden City was visiting a zoo in Thailand when a big cat turned him

A British tourist has been attacked by an angry lion after patting the animal on the bottom while posing for photos in a Thailand zoo.

Boxer Robbie Gaine, 29 from Garden City, Flintshire, was on holiday with friends when the group decided to go to see lions, tigers, leopards and elephants at a zoo.

The site allows visitors to enter a cage with a zookeeper where a lion is tethered to a concrete block with a 2ft chain.

Full story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/angry-400lb-lion-attacks-british-9625668

-- Mirror 2017-01-16

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch the start of the video.

He's standing at the rear of the lion and reaches down towards it's butt with his right hand. To me that doesn't look like he's trying to pat it on the bum. Looks more like he was tugging on it's tail.

Audio sounds like: "hey - just to **** Steve Irwin. Nothing to see here. Come come. (as he's tugging on it's tail) Me and Sim....oh ******."

I feel sorry for those animals. Like the ones at the Crocodile Farm. Tiny cages the size of my bathroom with full grown bears and lions and tigers cooped up in them. The birds, elephants, giraffes and crocodiles get treated far better than the lions, tigers and bears.

Who can blame the Lion,I would be pissed too,

chained to the floor with a 2 foot chain,these

places that show animals this way need to be closed,

its the mindset of the past,along with bull,bear  baiting,

regards worgeordie

22 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Hope the lion is ok. What an idiot!

Yes, fair enough, he was, but if it weren't for the stupid policy of this so called zoo in allowing human beings to pose with these beautiful,  powerful animals, this wouldn't happen would it!

The sensationalist title looks like it's taken from that rag the Daily Mirror. A bit naff for them; the type of thing the Star does.

A bit of fake news here !!
Like one of those FB clickbait stories .
He pats the lion and it doesn't like it and makes a move towards him !
Robbie then is " s$&t scared " about walking past the animal to get out.
As others have stated: the sad part of this is a magnificent animal is in a cage on a 2 foot chain !!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

You never get a chance to make a second first impression. When I saw this man my first impression; Unkept nondisciplined individual, then proved his is stupid also ,

Quality tourist, not !! 

Edited by gchurch259

Stupid idea to let tourists into such close proximity of such animals.

It could remove an arm like an apple from a tree.

I felt better that it appeared the animal was not sedated, but sadly might well be in the future.

It is all so cruel and exploiting.

His behaviour and language are typical of the residents of Garden City, a dump of a non-town built forming the edge of Deeside Industrial Estate, soon to be taken over by Latvians and Lithuanians who may well make an improvement.

Edited by Briggsy