What do Isaan women really like?

Csaw

5 minutes ago, Broken Record said:

You've got things about right GaryA, then again you live in Thailand full time so can form an honest opinion, unlike most of the posts on this topic that stereotype people.

Sometimes I wonder how many ThaiVisa members have actually ever been to Thailand for more than a 2 week holiday or if ever at all, they seem to know nothing.

How's our old friend Roger by the way ?

Old Roger is happily living on his small pension, He has enough money for beer, cigarettes, his pickup truck and a cleaning lady once a week. He really expects nothing more than he has. Unfortunately he too is getting old and old age is not kind to us.

As always, Thai Visa has way more than their share of experts who actually know nothing but think they know everything.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference is the ladies 'Modus operandi' is completely different here to back home. This is why I believe so many farang get caught out. Obviously 'Gary A' you've done your homework.

On 1/17/2017 at 1:07 AM, crazygreg44 said:

for a starter, an invitation to dine out in a good restaurant will make her jump in joy!

. . and when the two of you are comfortably dining, have some small talk and try to squeeze our of her what kind of things she would like from you.  Perfume?  Going shopping for a nice & reliable pair of quality shoes? More dining out?

Small things first, house & car later!

You are much better going for a soapy , you don;t have to talk to them or feed them or call them the next day. You get to chose your poise and go with it,, Forget about the Buffalo 

Ok, let me list her personality traits and you guys tell me how much of it is just her....

1. There is no time that she looks more content then when she'd just had a really good meal = food is a very big deal.

2. Not into fashion or brand names.

3. Almost everything she buys has to be on sale...except when it is stuff that is vitally necessary but never on sale, like sauces and stuff for her food.

4. Hates to bargain. She would rather pay extra knowing that she is being ripped off than to bargain.

5. Showers a gazillion times a day.

6. It's only dirty if it had something to do with the bathroom or shoes.

7. Verbally unaffectionate (no awww / puppy eyes / i love you). If there is "i love you", it come off strained and mechanical. However, affection can be faked perfection when needed...like with strangers, to be polite.

8. I could have a better intellectual conversation with our cat.

9. Will not allow me to even look at the kitchen. Making a quick sandwich is a crime. 

10. Loves to cook. EXTREMELY good at it.

11. Talks (A LOT)...but never listens. 

12. Clorox is the best invention...ever. She will actually sink into clinical depression if she had to go without clorox for more than a week.

13. The floor is cleaned a hundred times a day.

14. She drinks a lot of water.

15. She loves watermelon.

That's about all i can think of atm. I'll add more later as they come to me.

On 1/17/2017 at 1:40 PM, Lou Provencaou said:

Hi Csaw

I offered to my girlfriend 15 concrete pots (of the same kind as the photo included) for lemon trees with 2 varieties of lemon trees, 1 orange tree and 1 grapefruit tree brought in my suitcase from South of France where I come from. I worked the land inside 5 of the pots ( which is not only composed of land but also of 33% of a particular tree leaves and 33% of rice "shell"available for free in all Issan villages where they work rice) and paid one of her brothers in law to make the rest of the pots full and of course I bought Thai limes for the remaining pots. I did it on a piece of land that she had that was not used and I can tell you that she but also her family and the neighbours where quite happy about that and I cannot say you how much was it as U di not remember exactly but all in all it was not really expensive...

On another trip I came with 5 varieties of white grape and 5 varieties of red grape (raditional tasty varieties and not the new big beautiful and full of water but tasteless varieties ) and for sure that was much apreciated also. Everybody wanted some : - )

I tried many other plants and trees that did not work...

Just my small experience to try to give you an idea. You can also work several fruit trees from Thailand if she has some unused land somewhere not far from her home (may I suggest amoung other delicious Thai mangoes or pomegranate trees that grows well in Issan and makes a delicious and very healthy juice  "Ceb Ceb!!!" As they speak in Issan : - )))   )

Hoping that my modest contribution to your topic may have given you a good idea for something a bit original

Of course you cannot be wrong with  stuff like gold but that is less original.

Regards

Screenshot_2017-01-17-05-59-40-1.png

I love it..., fruit trees..., the gift that keeps on giving ! May the relatives and fruit trees/vines continue to appreciate !

On 6/2/2017 at 4:25 AM, misterkeeperofthereef said:

You are much better going for a soapy , you don;t have to talk to them or feed them or call them the next day. You get to chose your poise and go with it,, Forget about the Buffalo 

The Soapy i your best choice if you don't want to put up with all the other crap that is posted . No bar fines ,a nice warm bath and basically what ever you want . Best GFE  that you will have . No somtom breath because they use mouth wash. Highlight of visiting Chiang Mai.

060.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Nice Boyd said:

Gambling and Stealing your ATM card...and throwing away 70,000 baht in two days, gold included after 5 years, Lovely

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

In order not to generalise so much, maybe this thread could be renamed "what does YOUR Issan woman really like?" 

My wife loves perfume, handbags and shoes. She does like name brand clothes but it doesn't need to be if it's something she looks good in. Of course any kind of Thai food and Chinese buffets. We just built a new home in the Phoenix AZ area and as an anniversary gift I gave her a beautiful spirit house to put in the yard. She loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2017 at 10:24 AM, Stevemercer said:

I remember meeting my Isan wife's Mum. She never smiled. I gave her a gift of an expensive, genuine hand-painted boomerang (costing about 5,000 Baht) that I'd picked up in Australia. She was bemused, to say the least, and kept asking her family what she was meant to do with the boomerang. She eventually stuck it is a box and left is with all the other useless junk she had accumulated.

Well, pardon the pun, but your genuinely brilliant idea of gifting a Boomerang to village woman in Issan province, seemed to have "boomerang-ed" !!

why not make it simple...like many gals they enjoy good food, good sex, good outings now and then

and if they want more..say to put things in her name or in the name of the water buffalo or a substantial financial contribution to her real estate.....well just drop the case and plainly walk out and take the next one!...

simple now...just avoid having any long loose ropes lying around when you split up....you never know with all the sad stories of people ending up on trees with no intent to do such..!

• 4 weeks later...

From my experience many comments here are way off.

If the question was: What do westernized Isaan girls like then sure, go for it with the nice restaurants, fancy hotels, gifts, travel etc.

But a true Isaan lady will not want or actually like much of that.  Take them to a nice restaurant( I have) and watch them seem almost embarrassed to be there. It can be a very uncomfortable experience for them.

People can do as they please but much simpler experiences is what they appreciate and enjoy, does not need to be close to something hiso.

is it Sizzler the good restaurant for first date?

Yep. Also Japanese is also alternative. For special night...Italian (they probably won't enjoy the food as such but definitely something they can bla bla their firends about )

• 2 weeks later...

Archived