Authorities make progress on police exam cheating case

webfact

Authorities make progress on police exam cheating case

pol.jpg

BANGKOK, 18 January 2017 (NNT) – Metropolitan Police have taken statements from 37 more students involved in the police exam fraud case with authorities saying all guilty in the matter will be finalized by this week. 

Deputy Commander of the Metropolitan Police Bureau Pol Col Adul Narongsak has revealed that so far 37 out of 52 students named in a case involving cheating on the policy academy exam have turned up for questioning. Out of those who remain 10 have been confirmed to be out of the country and are being called back on threat of arrest. 

The deputy commander said police should be able to charge all those guilty among the 52 by the end of this week but let on arrest warrants for the 100 people believed to have used the cheating service are still pending more evidence submission. 

He said on January 24 authorities will be able to announce all guilty parties and on January 30 those who rightfully passed the exam will be revealed.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-01-18

48 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

'Authorities make progress covering up police exam cheating case'

And not one word about ongoing investigation of the 'inside' officers who without any doubt knew what was going on. And not the first time it's happened.

Another case of very poor media work, no follow-up. 

17 hours ago, scorecard said:

And not one word about ongoing investigation of the 'inside' officers who without any doubt knew what was going on. And not the first time it's happened.

Another case of very poor media work, no follow-up. 

Perhaps a case of the best jounalists that money can buy???

19 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Perhaps a case of the best jounalists that money can buy???

May well be true.

I also criticize the senior staff / the owners of the various media outlets for not having overall policies of mandatory follow up of stories, within certain categories.

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

May well be true.

I also criticize the senior staff / the owners of the various media outlets for not having overall policies of mandatory follow up of stories, within certain categories.

Me too.   I have posted on it on a number of occasions.

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

May well be true.

The Deerhunter: Me too.   I have posted on it on a number of occasions.

So much for the heralded media reform a while back - nothing has changed or improved at all.

Edited by scorecard

Folks, what do you expect? Of course there will be no change, there is no reason to change, in a week the furor will die down (until the next time) there will be another exam and applicants will pay to pass! Nothing changes in the LoS, this is how the people want it! :wai: