Handicapped burger seller says his "life has collapsed" after media attention

webfact

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Seismic said:

How was he breaking the law ??. The man had Thai Citizenship.

How do you know ? So that means he is not a Westerner anymore .But still asking for sympathy and now everybody pay attention his life collapse. I ' m not so sure about the whole story . You say he is Thai citizen do you know how many Thais are disabled and working too and NOBODY pay attention. Sorry for the guy but do not believe all.

1 hour ago, Seismic said:

How was he breaking the law ??. The man had Thai Citizenship.

I dont see the problem for him if  he has Thai citizenship in fact Id  be  basking in the media  attention to get more customers.

I see TV is doing its  bit by re advertising his facebook page and trying to contact him............before you start slagging off all the negative  views.

Edited by kannot

10 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I have been to other Thai expat forums, this is the polite one.

Try the gay ones if you want a full-on bitch fight. Some seriously nasty people on one or two of them. Fortunately they seem to be in a death spiral with two people in an echo chamber most of the time

Gaz, don't let the jealousy and simple mindedness of others beat you.  Show them how strong you are.  Get your arse back off the floor and get your life back on track.  Make and sell your burgers and take care of your lovely family.

Best wishes to you.

1 hour ago, ThaiCitizen said:

So handicapped people should be able to break the law and get special treatment?

I bet he gets disability money from his home country.

UK, of course he will.  An if he kept quiet in the first place & not advertise his past all over Facebook then he would still be open today.

I also think the locals or officials have been at him. Can't be just people on websites havin a go at him.

Most of you are nothing but a sad explanation for existence.

You frustrated old imbeciles have nothing better to do then talk about others.

I would like to see how many of you would be strong enough to do what Gaz has done.

Go do what you do best, get drunk and talk <deleted>.

There is nothing wrong working for honest life. Only thing allowed for foreigner married to Thai is take care your wife and your beer!

NOT CUSTOMERS! By looking at these, all handicapped or physically challenged should be allowed to be work in case if they have a visa of any kind.

Law is disgusting if it doesn't like humanity.

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

All the above and he ended up in this situation? I think that bad train has,

for him, left the station long ago...

Also FB is not your friend, and once your story is out there, you're at the

mercy of the media, curse of the times....

Gee, Remind me again why I don't have a Facebook page.  Oh yes!  It was the opportunity of stuff like this to happen to me that made me value my anonymity.   This is why I use TVF not FB!   I know many people love it, but how many millions of lives has it destroyed because people were too lazy, conceited or stupid to use the "contact groups" feature in their email program.  And learned to type before they learned to "think before they type".   My wife has just had to open a FB page because her business really requires it. Otherwise she would have still  been the one-in-ten-thousand Thai woman without it. 

2 hours ago, ThaiCitizen said:

So handicapped people should be able to break the law and get special treatment?

I bet he gets disability money from his home country.

What business is it of yours what money he gets and where he gets it from? 

The man lost both legs in an accident, he IS disabled and therefore is entitled to some form of help! 

2 hours ago, smedly said:

There are some people whos lives are so depraved all they can do is be critical of others, we see it daily on these forums - people who generally have nothing good to say about anything or anybody, they are best ignored but unfortunately not everyone can do that, we see it already on this thread

Actually I feel more sorry for those people.  It's obvious they are not happy in their lives and feel the need to criticize in order to get a sense of superiority or daily dosage of satisfaction.

1 hour ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

if he only would wear long trouser , nobody would notice him.

Then he would just be the farang selling burgers , do that in a quiet soi and nobody cares.

Sorry for his loss, but also a little bit to blame on himself.

Yes, but the lack of long trousers may be why the authorities were ignoring him.    The local powers that be might have been turning a blind eye before because they secretly admired him for it, but now????   Not so sure now it is so public.     Perhaps give it a few months then quietly reopen in a different location. Lesson learned!!

5 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Plaster thing on Facebook, then go crying when it goes pear shaped.

Maybe a lesson learned for some.

Why not? many people advertise their businesses in Facebook - that's normal. Did he play on his disability on his Facebook page? If not then why the aggro - are you one of the people he is talking about spewing abuse?