Thai Cars' Top Speed Automatically Limited?

macahoom

12 hours ago, macahoom said:

According to what I've read, all cars in Japan, (for its own domestic market), leave the factory with a 180kph limiter fitted.

Wiki also mentions a 190 limit, but I can't find a reference to that anywhere else.

Can't argue with what you say, but I was told the car was limited to Japan's rules, however mine was 224KPH which I thought was Japan's limit.

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

How about 200 kph then. :laugh:

Well the difference can be summed up as;

at 200kph your death, and let's be clear on this driving at 160 or anything near about here in the land of sating will result in a horrible ending for all concerned eventually, but at 200kph it happens just that bit quicker than at 160 kph.

hope that helps.

21 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

Well the difference can be summed up as;

at 200kph your death, and let's be clear on this driving at 160 or anything near about here in the land of sating will result in a horrible ending for all concerned eventually, but at 200kph it happens just that bit quicker than at 160 kph.

hope that helps.

So what your saying then is if you going to speed you are better to go fast as possible so that if it does turn ugly you'll be dead a bit quicker, sounds like a good idea to me.

7 minutes ago, transam said:

My Vigo is limited to my eyesight....... i'm outta here bye bye smiley

lol ive got 0/20/40 vision.

0 to 20ft is blurry.

20 to 40 ft is great.

Anything after 40ft is blurry.

I find where ever possible to drive at minimum 120km/h as this reduces the chances of bouncing scooter's.

5 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

hope that helps.

Only joking  :biggrin:  the post reminded me of another about a guy blabbing on apart from other things  " If your drinking at 9.00 o/c in morning it's time to go home "  the following reply was  "  Is 9.15 OK ".  :laugh: 

13 hours ago, Don Mega said:

So what your saying then is if you going to speed you are better to go fast as possible so that if it does turn ugly you'll be dead a bit quicker, sounds like a good idea to me.

Pretty much my outlook coz one things for sure slow or fast your life expectancy is challenged every time you go near the roads here

Pick the time - the Road - no problem.

Absolutely!

The road won't be in Thailand though. I remember seeing an old pickup stopped in the fast lane of one of the tollways at the end of a bend with its nearside front wheel missing.

That would've made a nice mess had one of the TV heroes been doing 200 one quiet night...

Archived