Trump, now president, vows to put 'America First' in nationalist speech

rooster59

he assigned his business thing to his sons..... what will he do to fill his time between speeches and pardoning turkeys? 

if he gets too bored... or embarrassed by his Great Appointments (Rick Perry's office sofa joke was a horrific stupid starter)... and he is left to wander the White House ranting "China totally controls North Korea" and "Climate Change is a Chinese Hoax" etc..... while a 2nd and 3rd chunk of Larsen C starts to breakoff....

he could go Postal. he is a total loner... just because he doesn't have to work at the Post Office doesn't change his personality. 

a Postal Office type.... with a 'Nuclear Biscuit'. Not a good idea no matter how many folks 'felt' badly about Hillary Clinton as their personal surrogate.... stop thinking of the White House and the POTUS shit as if it were a TV show!!!!!!!!

Edited by maewang99

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, bartender100 said:

In his speech he spoke of decimated communities, closed industries and the outsourcing abroad of key work, leaving ordinary people scrabbling for low-paid and unreliable jobs, while the wealthy ruling class make decisions and policies which enrich a small elite. 

That sounds very left wing to me, never heard HC touch on this much, are you saying he does not care and his words are empty? this was not  electioneering he was  President when he said this

Do you care about these issues? or is it just your personal circumstances under threat, give the guy a chance please, he could actually be the best thing ever happened to the good old USA, which is in so much decline and slowly turning into a third world country it hurts the rest of the world as China grows stronger and stronger 

We all know a very few percentage own all the wealth of the rest in America, seems to me he wants to change that and stick it right up their ******* and the politicians as well

Trump appears to have a very conflicted agenda with his current proposed tax policies. i.e. the top 1% of the financial elite with receive an average of $214k tax cut p.a. whereas an estimated 8 million low income families will be worse off. The current proposed tax cuts will reduce federal tax income by approx 7 trillion dollars over ten years, let alone his proposed boost for military spending. On the other hand Trump is proposing federal expenditure reduction of around 10 trillion dollars over ten years; you may agreed most initiatives for reduction of spending are usually aimed at social welfare.

I understand the highest level of percentage wealth growth for the 'average' American was during the massive economic  trade growth after WW11 that was encouraged by an equally large reduction in tariffs. I am not an economist, but Trumps' words to date do not seem to indicate feasible policy for growth. Let's see if the Trump Administrations actions will in fact counter his wildly negative rants.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/23/trump-tax-plan-cuts-wealthy-low-income-inequality

http://www.forbes.com/sites/beltway/2017/01/19/memo-to-steven-mnuchin-trumps-tax-plan-would-add-7-trillion-to-the-debt-over-10-years/#4d5e64ce623b

12 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

Your argument is compelling, and I agree with many points. But I think Trump is so abhorrent and outlandish, I cannot see eye to eye with his supporters on any issue.

Well, I do not see eye to eye with his supporters on many issues either. But, that is no reason to lose affection for people who I have known and loved for years, or in some cases decades. This is not feudal Europe where we have multi generational feuds over small issues. Are we not adults here? I can agree to disagree.

And besides, from an intellectual point of view, as a lifelong democrat, I can understand why someone would not be willing to support Clinton. She was the worst possible candidate, being fielded by a completely broken party, and backed by a gangster organization in the DNC. 

22 hours ago, Opl said:

Trump on Saturday accused the media of lying on the estimate number of people who attended the speech on friday, claiming, unquestionably, that "a million and a half people" were present.

http://patch.com/virginia/mclean/trump-cia-headquarters-looked-million-people-his-inauguration

Trump claimed as many as 1.5 million people attended his inauguration rather than the widely reported estimate of 250,000. Ignoring photos and video to the contrary, he also claimed the National Mall audience stretched as far as the Washington monument.

The aerial images broadcast on friday by American television showed a crowd that did not go to the Washington Monument and was clearly less than a million and a half.

And it is fascinating that many more showed up for some of the protests, than for the inauguration. It is in his DNA to lie, fabricated a situation, exaggerate, and create a false front. That is what he does. Been doing it since he was three years old. My guess is that he used to practice his lies on his grandparents. He is the ultimate charlatan, and his word means less than zero. So, whenever he says something, just assume it is false. That is the best approach. 

He is the inventor of the fake media front. Of course the media is fake. They do not like him. He has the thinnest skin in the history of American politics. Anyone who does not like him is a sworn enemy. Grow up Don. Grow some thicker skin. You will need it! The criticism has just begun. Get used to it. 

I watched the whole innauguration and enjoyed the speech and wish Trump the best, bet I have heaps of reservations as to what the actions are going to be to back up the words.

Trump is full of the most simplistic ideas that may be very hard to implement in the real world.

He has a lifetime of making bold attempts and failing to fulfill them. He will repeat the same.

We are going to get daily Trump speak.

Everything according to him is going to stop now. 2 days later the drugs are still there in the USA. 4 years later they will still be there.  I hope he improves things but the Trump speak has always been Trump speak.

Actions speak louder than words and past performance is the greatest indicator of a persons likely outcomes.

There is some good and bad things in his past and I would expect the same moving forward.

But his whole like is full of mixed success and horrible failures and big big dreams that never came to fruition.

4 years later it will be like that. And he will always spin it that he was better and did more than anyone else.

Give him a month and you will already see what a failure he is going to be. But he will come out saying everything is terrific now. He is a bs artist par excellence. That was a great deal Donald you sold a heap of lies to the Republican party. Greatest sale of hot air in history. Now we get to laugh at America for 4 years.

25 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And it is fascinating that many more showed up for some of the protests, than for the inauguration. It is in his DNA to lie, fabricated a situation, exaggerate, and create a false front. That is what he does. Been doing it since he was three years old. My guess is that he used to practice his lies on his grandparents. He is the ultimate charlatan, and his word means less than zero. So, whenever he says something, just assume it is false. That is the best approach. 

He is the inventor of the fake media front. Of course the media is fake. They do not like him. He has the thinnest skin in the history of American politics. Anyone who does not like him is a sworn enemy. Grow up Don. Grow some thicker skin. You will need it! The criticism has just begun. Get used to it. 

Trump Administration issues " Alternative facts" , false claims

Edited by Opl

1 hour ago, rijb said:

Thailand.

Thailand - world power?

To update earlier list 

Rise and fall of world powers is a natural thing.

Egypt

Greece 
Rome

Portugal.

Spain.

UK.

USSR

USA.

China.

The life span is getting shorter isn't it

On 1/21/2017 at 0:57 PM, Grubster said:

All these industries are using all the machines they can and they still have millions of workers don't they? Machines have been eliminating jobs for hundreds of years, have you discovered something new? Steel, textiles, printing, wire, furniture, TVs, Phones, A.Cs , Cars, Car parts, Appliances, heavy equipment.   Yes Americans used to be very happy to pay the price it takes to keep our workers in a good standard of living.    I think we are well aware that in manufacturing you have to find cost savings wherever you can but we don't allow our companies to use unsafe conditions or pollute the air, land and water to gain an advantage over our other companies do we? Why is it ok to allow our companies to do all that in other countries and then send the product back to us, saving millions of dollars over our companies that are trying to stay in the US?

Your statement clearly shows that you have no clue what an equal playing field is, or that you don't care if the US workers gets to compete in one.

So what you are saying regarding to Equal Playing Field is that we should allow Trump to deregulate the EPA so American companies can start polluting and not take responsibility for the waste so they can become more competitive? There is no equal playing field in this globalize world, you can't compare the different standards each country has.

To equalize the playing field, curbing currency manipulation is the single biggest factor that will benefit the USA. This is also almost impossible to do.

Automation has been replacing humans, but now its at a even faster pace. Eg. Call centers are being replace with online bots. Amazon is using more robots to pick stock from warehouses to fulfill order. So for some manufacturing industry, you can't save it. One example of non savable industry is in textiles - a $5 t shirt made in china may cost $30 plus if made in the USA. Yet there are other industries where its growing and jobs are increasing each year.

I do agree, big corporate companies are taking advantage of other countries in order to profit themselves. But for many if they don't do that, they will just close down as well because they simply can't make affordable products in the USA. Manufacturing won't come back unless Americans are willing to pay more, people who say they are willing to pay more now are also the ones who buys the cheapest items now to save and have a better life. That is human nature.

If you take a look at history why America use to be a powerhouse at manufacturing and happy to pay the price of made in america, its because of cheap labors - hiring of women, children, and immigrants! Society change and people no longer wants to work in manufacturing. This is the exact reason why China's manufacturing sector is on a decline, and more and more jobs are returning to the USA. But the majority of these jobs are in the high tech / automated sector.

This is simply the law of economics at play. Jobs will start to return when equal playing field means rising salaries in China to the point where it makes sense for companies to employ Americans and use more automation. Many companies have been doing that too.

There is so much more to be said, but again bringing manufacturing jobs back is not a simple fix like putting tarrifs like Trump keeps on proposing.  I get it, you want Equal Playing Field, but you clearly have no idea what it takes but just throwing the words around.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, I do not see eye to eye with his supporters on many issues either. But, that is no reason to lose affection for people who I have known and loved for years, or in some cases decades. This is not feudal Europe where we have multi generational feuds over small issues. Are we not adults here? I can agree to disagree.

And besides, from an intellectual point of view, as a lifelong democrat, I can understand why someone would not be willing to support Clinton. She was the worst possible candidate, being fielded by a completely broken party, and backed by a gangster organization in the DNC. 

This tree was written in humor.  But, I think many people followed it.

who should I vote for.jpg

5 minutes ago, mike324 said:

So what you are saying regarding to Equal Playing Field is that we should allow Trump to deregulate the EPA so American companies can start polluting and not take responsibility for the waste so they can become more competitive? There is no equal playing field in this globalize world, you can't compare the different standards each country has.

To equalize the playing field, curbing currency manipulation is the single biggest factor that will benefit the USA. This is also almost impossible to do.

Automation has been replacing humans, but now its at a even faster pace. Eg. Call centers are being replace with online bots. Amazon is using more robots to pick stock from warehouses to fulfill order. So for some manufacturing industry, you can't save it. One example of non savable industry is in textiles - a $5 t shirt made in china may cost $30 plus if made in the USA. Yet there are other industries where its growing and jobs are increasing each year.

I do agree, big corporate companies are taking advantage of other countries in order to profit themselves. But for many if they don't do that, they will just close down as well because they simply can't make affordable products in the USA. Manufacturing won't come back unless Americans are willing to pay more, people who say they are willing to pay more now are also the ones who buys the cheapest items now to save and have a better life. That is human nature.

If you take a look at history why America use to be a powerhouse at manufacturing and happy to pay the price of made in america, its because of cheap labors - hiring of women, children, and immigrants! Society change and people no longer wants to work in manufacturing. This is the exact reason why China's manufacturing sector is on a decline, and more and more jobs are returning to the USA. But the majority of these jobs are in the high tech / automated sector.

This is simply the law of economics at play. Jobs will start to return when equal playing field means rising salaries in China to the point where it makes sense for companies to employ Americans and use more automation. Many companies have been doing that too.

There is so much more to be said, but again bringing manufacturing jobs back is not a simple fix like putting tarrifs like Trump keeps on proposing.  I get it, you want Equal Playing Field, but you clearly have no idea what it takes but just throwing the words around.

This whole issue of manufacturing jobs is a distraction. Even in Germany, the worlds high tech manufacturing export powerhouse, the percentage of the labor force involved in manufacturing is in decline.  The real issue is how all the increase in wealth has been taken by the 1 percent.  There has to be a way to redistribute it. Single payer health care would be a start. Cheap or free higher education would be another. Of course to finance this you would have to raise taxes on the wealty. Instead, Trump has proposed drastically and disproportionately cutting them.

Edited by ilostmypassword

11 minutes ago, mike324 said:

You mean that you approve of all the pollution that affords you cheap products. You must also approve of unfit and dangerous conditions in the work force. You must approve of sweat shops with children working and many cases locked inside buildings, etc. etc.

Why should the American worker have to compete with that. You are the one advocating that we continue to pollute the world for the sake of cheap goods.  You would have called Henry Ford an idiot for doubling his workers wages so they could afford to buy the cars they were producing wouldn't you?

Just go ahead and listen to the constant wall street spin and see where that gets you.

I get it, you want our companies to produce their goods cheaply in foreign countries with little or no regulations then bring the goods back and sell them for huge profits and put the money in foreign banks. OK up to you brilliant one.

32 minutes ago, mike324 said:

6 minutes ago, Grubster said:

You mean that you approve of all the pollution that affords you cheap products. You must also approve of unfit and dangerous conditions in the work force. You must approve of sweat shops with children working and many cases locked inside buildings, etc. etc.

Why should the American worker have to compete with that. You are the one advocating that we continue to pollute the world for the sake of cheap goods.  You would have called Henry Ford an idiot for doubling his workers wages so they could afford to buy the cars they were producing wouldn't you?

Just go ahead and listen to the constant wall street spin and see where that gets you.

I get it, you want our companies to produce their goods cheaply in foreign countries with little or no regulations then bring the goods back and sell them for huge profits and put the money in foreign banks. OK up to you brilliant one.

That is not at all what Mike324 said. He just pointed out that American industry can't compete with the low wages that

America wants jobs? Well, no way to bring back those manufacturing jobs. As many people have already said, the US can't compete with lower wages overseas.

The US should play to it's greatest strength; innovation. Just look at all the new industries that have sprung up over the last 30 years. Chip design, computers, computer apps, battery technology and on and on and on.

The US could be a world leader in alternate energy, but no, Trump and his cronies want to invest more in fossil fuels whilst the rest of the world is going to invest in clean energy.

To continue innovation, the US needs to concentrate on education. On education that doesn't impoverish the person being educated.

1 minute ago, Grubster said:

I don't approve what you said, but Trump does which is why I mention the EPA. He says there are too many regulations that is why Americans can't be competitive so he wants to abolish EPA. Perhaps you did not get that memo from him? His words not my words, the president you approve. Ouch did that just contradict your values?

You must be very ignorant to think all factories in China are bad. I wonder how many things lying in your house is made in china? if you have such sickening view of products made in china. 

I am not advocating we continue to pollute, don't put words in my mouth.  I'm only pointing out Americans are taking foreign countries for granted, sorry if no goods were produce cheaply, more Americans would be living in poverty. Many Americans don't realize how much of a better life they have just because they can afford cheap products. Stop hating.

Why isn't any first world nation having an increase employment in manufacturing sector then? Germany has a healthy manufacturing sector, even growing. But guess what, they employ 3 times as many robots as the US, yet jobs in manufacturing continues to decline.

You just can't have it all. Continue to dream the dream that Trump preach. You clearly do not know how things work and costs in regards to manufacturing.  We could bring some jobs back, but in the end its automation that will take over. Sorry to say, its humans that needs to evolve at this stage, to acquire skills for other industries. 

25 minutes ago, mike324 said:

I don't approve what you said, but Trump does which is why I mention the EPA. He says there are too many regulations that is why Americans can't be competitive so he wants to abolish EPA. Perhaps you did not get that memo from him? His words not my words, the president you approve. Ouch did that just contradict your values?

You must be very ignorant to think all factories in China are bad. I wonder how many things lying in your house is made in china? if you have such sickening view of products made in china. 

I am not advocating we continue to pollute, don't put words in my mouth.  I'm only pointing out Americans are taking foreign countries for granted, sorry if no goods were produce cheaply, more Americans would be living in poverty. Many Americans don't realize how much of a better life they have just because they can afford cheap products. Stop hating.

Why isn't any first world nation having an increase employment in manufacturing sector then? Germany has a healthy manufacturing sector, even growing. But guess what, they employ 3 times as many robots as the US, yet jobs in manufacturing continues to decline.

You just can't have it all. Continue to dream the dream that Trump preach. You clearly do not know how things work and costs in regards to manufacturing.  We could bring some jobs back, but in the end its automation that will take over. Sorry to say, its humans that needs to evolve at this stage, to acquire skills for other industries. 

No, what needs to be done is that taxes on the wealthy go back to where they were in the 60's when growth in the USA was booming.  There needs to be massive redistribution of wealth for the majority of Americans to lead better lives.

But let's get back to the core topic: the new trade agreement between U.K. And USA....

The eloquent and elegant Diane Abbot MP has stated that when Little Michael Gove MP (he's a bit odd) asked Mr Trump if the UK would now be at the FRONT of the queue for a new trade agreement, Mr Trump replied "You're doing Great"

Please can an American person explain this to me. Should I continue to be anxious?

16 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

His style is not the point. His ACCOMPLISHMENTS in office are. It is far too early to be judging his presidency.

His style was exactly the point of the post you originally responded to

It seems hard to imagine that any one man, could possibly epitomise so many aspects of those parts of American "Culture" that are truly vile. However there was one, they found him, a man with hardly a scrap of basic human decency,  and elected him president.  The prospect of having to see his mean, smug, brutish, self satisfied face on a regular basis over the next few years, is not appealing.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/964869-trump-now-president-vows-to-put-america-first-in-nationalist-speech/?page=14#comment-11546518

Your first replay was to blame it all on "dishonest press", and now, as per script, the default it-doesn't-matter bit.

1 hour ago, mike324 said:

I am not the hater, I didn't hate any of our past presidents or candidates, and I don't hate any foreign countries, but I think you may be onto something with Germany they are currently building a new massive industry, that will be the police industry. Sweden, Norway, France, and many more will do this also.

I hated what the last five presidents have done to our working class people , but I don't hate them.

I think it would be better for these unemployed/ underemployed people made the things that I buy rather than shipping the raw materials overseas and having the finished product back here, I fully supported Bernie Sanders on these policy changes but he lost to the big corporations and the people they pay in Washington. Trump won and is promising to do many of the same things, if he does I will be happy but I am not holding my breath for this. Our farming industry [ chemicals, genetics, etc.] cannot compete with foreign countries and that is why they are so heavily subsidized.  You are not allowed to buy drugs from foreign countries, and have to pay many times the price for those[ very protectionist], is Big Pharma suffering for this? That is much more extreme than a tariff. You also have to have a prescription to buy many very common drugs, and are required to go back to the doctor regularly to get it refilled costing you big money, is the AMA suffering from these regulations. You have to pay big bucks to make ethanol from corn which is very uneconomical and bad for your engine, is that hurting the Farm Industry. We subsidize everything that involves big business including the cost of moving to a foreign country to make goods, who is that helping?

Wouldn't you rather pay someone to produce something at a higher cost to you than to pay him/her welfare/ unemployment/ food stamps/ health care etc. etc.  Your forefathers built a massive economy and we are giving it away for free to countries that don't even like us. 

Yes automation has and will eliminate jobs and artificial intelligence is going to be the next huge wave to take jobs, are you ok with India and China getting all that new work as their people live in very poor conditions and are willing to do those jobs for big US corporations at a fraction of the cost that our highly educated people can? Don't you want this automation and artificial intelligence to be done in the US.    Obviously NOT.

8 minutes ago, Grubster said:

I am not the hater, I didn't hate any of our past presidents or candidates, and I don't hate any foreign countries, but I think you may be onto something with Germany they are currently building a new massive industry, that will be the police industry. Sweden, Norway, France, and many more will do this also.

I hated what the last five presidents have done to our working class people , but I don't hate them.

I think it would be better for these unemployed/ underemployed people made the things that I buy rather than shipping the raw materials overseas and having the finished product back here, I fully supported Bernie Sanders on these policy changes but he lost to the big corporations and the people they pay in Washington. Trump won and is promising to do many of the same things, if he does I will be happy but I am not holding my breath for this. Our farming industry [ chemicals, genetics, etc.] cannot compete with foreign countries and that is why they are so heavily subsidized.  You are not allowed to buy drugs from foreign countries, and have to pay many times the price for those[ very protectionist], is Big Pharma suffering for this? That is much more extreme than a tariff. You also have to have a prescription to buy many very common drugs, and are required to go back to the doctor regularly to get it refilled costing you big money, is the AMA suffering from these regulations. You have to pay big bucks to make ethanol from corn which is very uneconomical and bad for your engine, is that hurting the Farm Industry. We subsidize everything that involves big business including the cost of moving to a foreign country to make goods, who is that helping?

Wouldn't you rather pay someone to produce something at a higher cost to you than to pay him/her welfare/ unemployment/ food stamps/ health care etc. etc.  Your forefathers built a massive economy and we are giving it away for free to countries that don't even like us. 

Yes automation has and will eliminate jobs and artificial intelligence is going to be the next huge wave to take jobs, are you ok with India and China getting all that new work as their people live in very poor conditions and are willing to do those jobs for big US corporations at a fraction of the cost that our highly educated people can? Don't you want this automation and artificial intelligence to be done in the US.    Obviously NOT.

Yup, go ahead make fun of Germany, Sweden, and other developed European nations. At least they are way happier than Americans, they don't have to worry much about many things such as healthcare, education, want to know why? Average citizens there pay upward of 30% plus on taxes, with many high income earners paying over 40%. What is Trumps solution? Give more tax breaks to the high income, while the taxes for low income continues to rise widening the inequality. He installs a Secretary of Education who wants to privatize the education system. Many of the things they are trying to do is not right, and it is why inequality will continue to rise.

I do want jobs and automation back in the US, I never said I didn't. I'm only putting things in perspective for you, manufacturing jobs will continue to be on a decline.  Many highly educated people don't want to do manufacturing jobs, in fact manufacturing jobs is 4-5th down on the list of jobs people want to do. Unemployment is not only in the manufacturing industry. https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t14.htm

You keep on preaching about making everything in the USA which is not possible.  People can't afford / not willing to pay more depending on the item.

I think the USA should cut subsidies and spend less on war / weapons. That can greatly help the citizens such as providing free education for a start.

This will be my last reply with you on this topic, its getting repetitive. Thanks for the comments.

3 hours ago, mike324 said:

Yup, go ahead make fun of Germany, Sweden, and other developed European nations. At least they are way happier than Americans, they don't have to worry much about many things such as healthcare, education, want to know why? Average citizens there pay upward of 30% plus on taxes, with many high income earners paying over 40%. What is Trumps solution? Give more tax breaks to the high income, while the taxes for low income continues to rise widening the inequality. He installs a Secretary of Education who wants to privatize the education system. Many of the things they are trying to do is not right, and it is why inequality will continue to rise.

I do want jobs and automation back in the US, I never said I didn't. I'm only putting things in perspective for you, manufacturing jobs will continue to be on a decline.  Many highly educated people don't want to do manufacturing jobs, in fact manufacturing jobs is 4-5th down on the list of jobs people want to do. Unemployment is not only in the manufacturing industry. https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t14.htm

You keep on preaching about making everything in the USA which is not possible.  People can't afford / not willing to pay more depending on the item.

I think the USA should cut subsidies and spend less on war / weapons. That can greatly help the citizens such as providing free education for a start.

This will be my last reply with you on this topic, its getting repetitive. Thanks for the comments.

I agree with most you say here, but we were discussing trade. I am for equal tariffs and subsidies that will help the working class in all fields so that we can compete with third world and developed countries. You are not.  I do not like many things that Trump says but I will reserve judgement until something is done good or bad.

Yes I will not be responding to you anymore either. Good luck.

A post in violation of fair use violation has been removed. 

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

With regards to jobs and automation, the loss of jobs due to this is unavoidable. There will be some more high tech jobs but far less than you would have previously had in labor jobs. This is unavoidable. As the population continues to grow, and life expectancies continue to rise there are going to be more people who are not in the workforce. There's plenty of resources out there though, but the current system where a small number of people control the majority of the wealth needs to go away. Trump isn't going to help this. He is for big business. You look at the tax cuts to the wealthy while he has already pushed out an executive order to end Obamacare, congress is trying to weasel their way out of paying benefits to firefighters from 911, and halted the reduction of annual mortgage insurance premiums. Lifting of climate change restrictions is coming. He also had this to say on Iraq, "We should have kept the oil. Maybe we'll have another chance." 

If there was any doubt as to what his intentions were they should be crystal clear at this point.

Edited by jcsmith

On 1/21/2017 at 6:49 AM, colinneil said:

I got plenty of tissues for all you Trump haters to wipe away your tears   :cheesy:

Bye bye Barrack, welcome President Trump.

You will be very sorry, but I told you so.  Don't cry in your soup now, wait til tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Grubster said:

I agree with most you say here, but we were discussing trade. I am for equal tariffs and subsidies that will help the working class in all fields so that we can compete with third world and developed countries. You are not.  I do not like many things that Trump says but I will reserve judgement until something is done good or bad.

Yes I will not be responding to you anymore either. Good luck.

Except they won't help the working class much if at all. 85 percent of manufacturing jobs in the USA disappeared because of automation and robotics. Tariffs and subsidies aren't going to raise them from the dead.

President Donald Trump will sign executive orders on Monday to withdraw the U.S. from the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal and renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement, according to an official familiar with the plans.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-01-23/trump-said-to-sign-executive-order-on-trans-pacific-pact-monday

On 21/01/2017 at 0:16 AM, jayboy said:

Mathew Paris captures the feelings of many.

"The Americans have elected a turkey as their president. He looks like a turkey, walks like a turkey, gobbles like a turkey — he is a turkey. There is nothing in Donald Trump’s record, in the appointments he has made or in his disgusting inaugural speech yesterday that prompts second thoughts. The new president is no evil genius, he’s just tiresome, rude and silly: one of those vexatious, loud and unpleasant people we do best to avoid."

How was his inaugural speech in any way disgusting? Sounds like Matthew Paris is throwing his toys out of the pram because corrupt Hilary lost. Pathetic!