90 day report today- 15 minutes

Hi All

I did a 90 day report this morning; it took 15 minutes without any trouble or drama. I had copies of the usual stuff, but the only requirement was the passport and the slip. The lady told me that after the first report, the copies aren't needed anymore. I don't know if it is the same for all, but it was my second 90 day from a O-A Long Stay.

I would guess that there were about 100 people there, all doing TR extensions (I assume).

I am posting this as I think many ThaiVisa readers (including me!) worry too much. Most, if not all visits are trouble-free.

Cheers

The last two 90 day reports that I have done in Chachoengsou, have taken only 3 minutes each. I have walked in ,passport taken,stamped and returned to me. I think this must be some sort of a record for a visit to immigration. 

Never have a problem in Lopburi.  They send me an advance slip my email 3-4 weeks prior, and my wife takes my passport about 10 mins away to the Immigration Office and gets the real slip and stamp. Takes her about 2 mins.  In a strange way, I am considered somewhat of a celebrity in that office.  I think it's based upon my education from YALE post-grad school, as they call me "doctor" if I go myself, if ever.  And, my radio show, perhaps. 

I really just kinda fell-into the staff camaraderie after my Ninja 1000SX superbike accident that broke every bone in my body, and put me in a coma for 13 days about 3 yrs ago.  I think it started as sympathy, and now we are somewhat like friend.

Edited by PunkRockerGuy
spelling

Passport and the detailed Information Sheet with address and a few more information filled in, just a photocopy from last, but with a fresh signature, a photo glued in the specified space, and my new handwritten "No Changes"-note on top, was handed to the man behind the counter with the small "90 day report"-sign – »Please wait for 10 minutes,« the kind Immigration-officer said with a big smile, and he took my papers and went straight to a computer – I sat and waited impatient for very long time while he was working behind the screen, two extremely boring long minutes passed before he called me back to the counter and showed me the next 90-day-address-slip stapled into my passport. In the old Immigration office a 90-day report would take much more than two minutes – often two hours – I have to admit that this was probably the fastest 90-day report done at Samui Immigration, at least by me, and it was done Wednesday last week only...:smile:

6 hours ago, maingmoom said:

The last two 90 day reports that I have done in Chachoengsou, have taken only 3 minutes each. I have walked in ,passport taken,stamped and returned to me. I think this must be some sort of a record for a visit to immigration. 

Same in Sakon Nakhon, very nice. Sounds like ours are the exception and not the rule though.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Can any Samui residents please post this weeks requirements for a 90 day report?

Is the mickey-mouse form (FB etc) still required?

Thank you :)

Did only need my passport Jan 24th.

No forms.:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Did only need my passport Jan 24th.

No forms.:thumbsup:

Wow, thanks that's positive – I needed the form w/photo January 18th; but in return I got my report finished within a couple of minutes...:smile:

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

Can any Samui residents please post this weeks requirements for a 90 day report?

Is the mickey-mouse form (FB etc) still required?

Thank you :)

As I noted in my OP, only passport and the slip in the passport. I had copies of everything, including the nosy form, but it was all handed back to me as 'not needed' by the first lady where you hand in the passport.

Good luck!

Sure faster for those of us doing the 90 day extension . I did mine the other day too,. lady at counter  said 30 minutes, but done in 15... no paper work either, not even asked for my address ..:thumbsup:

But the tourist lines were a very long with a long wait to go with it....

16 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

As I noted in my OP, only passport and the slip in the passport. I had copies of everything, including the nosy form, but it was all handed back to me as 'not needed' by the first lady where you hand in the passport.

Good luck!

Thanks, 15 mins worked for me too :)

Went today, no form, no picture, no information.
Gave them my passport and 25 minutes later I was out the door!
Insider tip time......
Go in the left hand (out) door and directly in front of you are two counters, somewhere behind the heaving throng of tourists. The left hand counter, as you are looking at it, has a very small card taped to it saying "90 day report". Just slide to the front of the line on the left hand side and let it be known to the girl behind the counter that all you are after is a 90 report. Got my number ticket and was told 30 minutes, all good!
Thank the big guy upstairs that I did not need to join the unwashed masses in the right hand line as it had not moved by the time I left!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• 1 month later...

My how things have changed!
Have recently talked with several 90 day reporting folks and am hearing 2-3 hours is the new norm and two weeks for retirement visa renewal.
Anyone have any info on this?
They were so headed in the right direction and I hope they are not regressing to the black old days.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Further to the post above (25), could you provide details?

When I did mine, I went to the left lane (see post 22) and gave them my documents, most of which were handed back. Then, my passport was handed over the divider to the staffer at the computer. The staffer entered the info of 2-3 people, then came out and returned the passports; I saw the entire process unfold.

What was different for you?

Where was the delay?

Was anything other than the passport required (if this was NOT the first 90 day report)?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, phetphet said:

I have to do my first 90-day report in under two weeks.

As it's my first time, are there any documents that I need to take? Or just my passport with the paper stapled inside?

Thanks

I think others are more knowledgeable, but my guess is that when you have the slip of paper already in your passport, it is just scan the barcode and done. If you are worried, bring the passport, photos, copies of info page, visa or extension stamp, the arrival card and the nosy form; you will probably need copies at some time, so if not needed put them in a file for later. I suggest just handing over the passport alone and see what happens- why give them more than you need?

BTW, remember to use the left side of the first desk if there is a line- no need to wait with tourists visa people.

Cheers