Government’s new animation to promote moral values set to be broadcast

webfact

Government’s new animation to promote moral values set to be broadcast

BANGKOK, 24January 2017 (NNT) – The government continues working on the promotion of key moral values among the people of Thailand. 

Deputy Prime Minister Gen. Tanasak Patimapragon said on Monday that the meeting of the committee tasked with the promotion of national morality has just set up three subcommittees to advance strategies recommended in the national morals promotion master plan. 

Gen. Tanasak said that all three new subcommittees are in charge of the steering of the master plan, academic affairs and the promotional works. 

He added that the committee’s meeting also decided to include four key values: “sufficiency”, “discipline”, “honesty” and “voluntary spirit” to be mentioned in the morals handbook, which it's hoped will be included in all academic curricula, from elementary level to tertiary level, as well as in any courses offered to leaders of organizations and communities, and members of the public. 

Gen. Tanasak said that the committee has picked 70 communities in Roi Et and Buriram to become pilot groups, while planning to boost the number to 700 by March. 

In addition, the committee is planning to broadcast a new animation, which is based on the work of the late Supreme Patriarch. It will be shown on national television to promote morals and ethics among Thais.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-01-24

Not disputing the need BUT

People will do as you do, not what you tell them to.

So as long as the rich, politicians, police and so on has no intention to be good moral compasses just corrupt bad examples.

I don't think this will help much.

At least they try I guess

'Master plan' wasn't there a little Austrian fellow who had similar idea in the 1930's, that did not end well neither...

' It will be shown on national television to promote morals and ethics among Thai's'

With such glowing examples from the present little man at the head of the trough and his cronies I am very surprised the little people need to be educated..... 

1 hour ago, kannot said:

Stinks more and more of communism daily

I am not convinced these people have the mental capacity and serious cunning to think that deeply. I may be wrong.

I get the feeling it is more to do with gravy trains and snouts in troughs and jobs for family members. 

"....meeting of the committee tasked with the promotion of national morality has just set up three subcommittees..."

Never a day goes by when there is an announcement of super committees, ordinary common old committees and humble sub-committees. 

All these committees need feeding and transport (limousines and planes) and bonus payments for attendees. Not to mention the cost of meeting places which might just happen to be flash seaside resorts.

Edited by Brer Fox

Notice that the new morality film is to be an 'animation' - i.e. a cartoon : which is a good characterisation of the true nature of 'morality' (far removed from reality) when it flows out of the mouths of the ruling Thai d.. di.... dinosaurs!

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Morality is for the poor and it means the same thing as: Be obedient and don't cause trouble while we loot your house.

Yes, "Sufficiency", "Honesty", "Discipline" and “Voluntary (sic) Spirit” are meant for Phrai; the amart can have as many Mercedes-Benz's are they deem sufficient.

Having the few at the top of the pyramid tell everyone below them what it takes to be "moral" is rich.

3 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

I am not convinced these people have the mental capacity and serious cunning to think that deeply. I may be wrong.

I get the feeling it is more to do with gravy trains and snouts in troughs and jobs for family members. 

"....meeting of the committee tasked with the promotion of national morality has just set up three subcommittees..."

Never a day goes by when there is an announcement of super committees, ordinary common old committees and humble sub-committees. 

All these committees need feeding and transport (limousines and planes) and bonus payments for attendees. Not to mention the cost of meeting places which might just happen to be flash seaside resorts.

dont forget the huge "fear factor" do what I say or things will go badly  wrong for you, combined with the monstrosity of  religion where you ignore everything and accept everything.............. then dont forget the daily broadcasts announcing land of the brave and free blah blah blah..........perfect really

Edited by kannot

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, "Sufficiency", "Honesty", "Discipline" and “Voluntary (sic) Spirit” are meant for Phrai; the amart can have as many Mercedes-Benz's are they deem sufficient.

Having the few at the top of the pyramid tell everyone below them what it takes to be "moral" is rich.

Totally agree and well said. I am, however, surprised you got away with such a post.

4 minutes ago, George Graham said:

Sorry but communism is a word you clearly need to look up in the dictionary.

Im surprised you didnt realise what I meant, not "real"  communism but the  North Korean or ex  Russian style which was anything but

8 hours ago, webfact said:

In addition, the committee is planning to broadcast a new animation

Kind of speaks toward their thinking on the people they are trying to reach. These comments impressed the H out of me. quote  steering of the master plan, academic affairs and the promotional works.  He added that the committee’s meeting also decided to include four key values: “sufficiency”, “discipline”, “honesty” and “voluntary spirit” to be mentioned in the morals handbook. Sounds more like it should be a BIB and military handout.