British man assassinated in gangland hit in Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

....the guy was murdered.....

...yet all we hear are unsubstantiated innuendos that '.... he probably deserved it'.....???

...!@#$%^&* insane.....!!!

I doubt if one gets murdered like this for nothing, unless it's mistaken identity !

18 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

Indeed..... however in most other countries you have a better chance of justice. 

If you want a crime solved and justice......do not expect if from the Thai "police" and courts. 

Money changing hands under the table can change anything here. Its like the old TV game "The Price Is Right"

8 minutes ago, sandgroper2 said:

There is no doubt in my mind that people who drive Porsche are criminals. Merc drivers sometimes break the law, Jag drivers may double park , but thats about it.

I am sure if they delve into the man's background all shall be made known. Shot driving a Porsche kind of ups the ante somewhat on being a criminal. 

22 hours ago, Luckysilk said:

Shocking murder, feeling less safe here all the time.

RIP Mr. Kenbay and I hope your killers are brought to justice.

Linked to boiler room gang...

Cheating people out of their savings with investment scams?

What goes around comes around. 

You have nothing to fear if you are not doing anything illegalin Thailand 

2 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

I am sure if they delve into the man's background all shall be made known. Shot driving a Porsche kind of ups the ante somewhat on being a criminal. 

First sentence, obvious. Second sentence, childish rubbish. I ride a 90K PCX, am i more likely to be a crim than someone who rides a secondhand 2K bike?    Grow up and stop with the slanderous comments before someone sues you. Your accusations,and others like you,  are very serious indeed. (even IF true)

11 minutes ago, vivasamui said:

Linked to boiler room gang...

Cheating people out of their savings with investment scams?

What goes around comes around. 

You have nothing to fear if you are not doing anything illegalin Thailand 

The last line is BS or you need to put your glasses on and look around. 

The reason people drive luxury cars here is simple. It's status, it's power. Everyone breaks for a Porsche, BMW, Benz.. not so much for a Toyota or Honda Jazz. 

5 minutes ago, sandgroper2 said:

First sentence, obvious. Second sentence, childish rubbish. I ride a 90K PCX, am i more likely to be a crim than someone who rides a secondhand 2K bike?    Grow up and stop with the slanderous comments before someone sues you. Your accusations,and others like you,  are very serious indeed. (even IF true)

Your missing the point combine the two. Don't know much about your bike. Cut back on the meds. 

5 minutes ago, JerryinTH said:

The last line is BS or you need to put your glasses on and look around. 

The reason people drive luxury cars here is simple. It's status, it's power. Everyone breaks for a Porsche, BMW, Benz.. not so much for a Toyota or Honda Jazz. 

It's also good taste ! And the reason why some others do not drive nice cars is that they are just too poor !

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

Britain... don't hear of that many hits on foreign national's sitting in cars there?

Not necessarily sitting in cars, but if you sift through British press, I think you will be surprised.

Google Paul Massey, Manchester, for one example that comes to mind. 

On 2017/1/23 at 11:06 PM, Luckysilk said:

Shocking murder, feeling less safe here all the time.

RIP Mr. Kenbay and I hope your killers are brought to justice.

Not much good even if killers were to be brought to justice Mr Kenbay not around to see justice done. Unless he was only wounded then it would be good to see justice done.

14 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

Not necessarily sitting in cars, but if you sift through British press, I think you will be surprised.

Google Paul Massey, Manchester, for one example that comes to mind. 

he was a Brit and my point was it is rare a FOREIGNER is murdered in the UK and I was replying to another poster who was asking 'where' is there rule of law

I say Britain (for example) it is rare for a FOREIGNER to be 'hit' last one I can think of was a Russian years ago but there maybe be others

He's facebook  paint's at least 2 pictures...

*The wolf of wall street was this guy's hero and someone he wanted to be like, he mentioned how 2017 was going to be huge taking things to another level. Got that right!! Hit could be linked to he's dodge business partners or rivals                  HOWEVER      

*The other line of enquiry for police to follow up hopefully is the fact he recently got married in December. I notice the wife has a couple kids to Thai father. Should absolutely be investigated and not just blamed on a gang hit in the media from the get-go to appear like it is no big deal/loss.  How he got money and who organised the hit may not be linked. The fact he could of been involved in shady underground biz would be a massive carrot dangling in front of the new wife to potentially organise a crime knowing could easily point the finger to a different direction & comfortably get away with it. 

How he is linked to a 'boiler room' pretty much from the moment the crime took place is suspicious.  

Because of info leaked so early on Police involvement  also a possibility with the rewards flowing down to ceasing/collecting from some assets or other locals who is connected to police.   

# If he owed money there's warnings first to try and force the money out of fear(if know people that kill for cash will certainly know people to threaten family or do a knee capping) you would not want to order the bloke dead straight off the bat then def won't see it returned. By this man being dead there has to be significant financial advantage to someone via he's assets or biz dealings. Who gains from hes death most probably ordered the hit. 

#Tipping being in the day he left home and not some night hangout spot. Timing of it is interesting(no kids with him,or wife)...New wife gets the tick being number 1 suspect on the timing.

If family want proper closure there best chance is to have a Private investigator look into it if can afford it. Otherwise this one will not be solved and will be just put under the " oh well reports say was up to no good, probably got what he deserved basket"

Investigate the wife first then go from there!  

1 minute ago, wxpwzrd said:

Actually, I am a bit curious as to the size of the bullet casing found. Some reports I read said it was a single .38 casing. Am I the only one that would wonder why a single spent .38 casing would be found?

Who knows half the reports say he was shot twice in the head?

2 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

Britain... don't hear of that many hits on foreign national's sitting in cars there?

You answered a question about a country that has a rule of law.

So, because the assassinations there, like the one I mentioned earlier, are not carried out on foreign nationals, but on British people, that means they have a rule of law ? 

Strange logic.

4 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

You answered a question about a country that has a rule of law.

So, because the assassinations there, like the one I mentioned earlier, are not carried out on foreign nationals, but on British people, that means they have a rule of law ? 

Strange logic.

okokok pedant 

Britain has Rule of Law ok?   very few assassinations... care to nitpick again?  

4 hours ago, YeahSiam said:

Maybe in Pattaya being successful "brings attention" but it doesn't in Bangkok.

Just two youngish farang guys I can think of off the top of my head drive expensive German and Italian sportscars around this neck of the woods.

One's an ex-banker from Switzerland, the other's into some sort of AI or high end software.

They don't have problems, they don't have bodyguards, they're not being extorted and there aren't any Thais trying to assassinate them for competitors or envious losers.

Yes, and no doubt they will have little involvement with Thais and their money was earned legitimately ... if, as reported, the deceased was involved in "boiler room" activities he will have ripped off people and perhaps had issues with rivals. He doesn't strike me as someone who earned the money in the UK ... his two foreign residences, Marbella and Thailand, are notorious as "boiler room" hubs. He's no web site designer. 

3 hours ago, louse1953 said:

Depends on the will,doesn't it.

No, it doesn't.  A Thai will can only dispose of property domiciled in Thailand.  It cannot dispose of property in the UK or elsewhere.  Only a UK will, or the UK probate court, can transfer UK property to his beneficiaries.

25 minutes ago, wxpwzrd said:

Actually, I am a bit curious as to the size of the bullet casing found. Some reports I read said it was a single .38 casing. Am I the only one that would wonder why a single spent .38 casing would be found?

Right now you appear to be the only one but if you can share some insight on the perceived significance of "a single .38 casing", maybe you will have a few more.

Archived