webfact

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

What can be said in this topic that hasn't been already said in the 257 replies

in the privies topic? that where there's fire smoke there's fire? me think that

this guy was smoking alright, but do I know?.....

No, same as everyone else on TVF

33 minutes ago, smotherb said:

The TV keyboard sleuths are hot at it again. Unless someone has more information than I have seen, we know nothing. I wonder how many of you are simply jealous that he was driving a car worth more than your yearly expenditures here. This could have been a simple case of lost face, road rage, mistaken identity, irate husband, or any of a number of reasons other than he was involved in some nefarious illegal situation.

Very fair, no evidence at all.  But you know its true, I know a good web designer, he drives a moped.

5 minutes ago, fruitman said:

If he was a webdesigner working for UK-companies he could buy a new porsche like that one after a year working as a freelancer.

True if he was good.  Would need offshore customers though and would need to travel to see them once in a while.  Never known web designers to kill one another even in Thailand. 

5 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Very fair, no evidence at all.  But you know its true, I know a good web designer, he drives a moped.

How do I know it's true? Your knowledge of web designers does not make the deceased incapable of owning a Porsche. Just more absolute bull; until some sort of proof.

he had done a lot of charity work while living in the kingdom..........net & publicity shy, very good.

but wait, no TV member has said, "yes i know his work".......

egad, curiouser and curiouser.

Edited by wombat

45 minutes ago, brianj1964 said:

the sister says he was happily married 5 years, I thought he got married in November or December of last year, if the family cant get the story straight then they clearly have no idea about his life

They were married in November 2011 according to their Facebook accounts, the last November bit must have come from the minds of the TVF posters!

47 minutes ago, smotherb said:

This could have been a simple case of lost face, road rage, mistaken identity, irate husband, or any of a number of reasons other than he was involved in some nefarious illegal situation.

aha...hmmm.....the somchai from the village factor.

Lots of know it alls  defaming the dead and promoting conspiracy theories on this thread. None of us has any idea why this guy was murdered. Why bother making rude comments about someone that none of you knew and have no evidence to back up? 

95% of murders are committed or instigated by people who are known by the victim

The motives are almost always the same and fall into 3 general categories

1. Money or greed

2. Jealousy (relationship linked)

3. Revenge or hate

Can be a mix but more or less the same thing

It could also be something that happened that day with a total stranger - maybe a motoring incident (category 3.) but unlikely - although in Thailand I wouldn't completely rule it out

When you consider the above it generally narrows down the suspect list considerably and when investigated properly can usually reveal a possible motive.

This guy seems to have been connected possibly to the wrong people, when you expose yourself like that it comes with possible conflict and danger, the local police may be unwilling to dig to deep in which case the investigation should be task to police outside of Pattaya

Either way if they are unable to uncover what was behind this crime then they haven't tried hard enough or didn't want too

14 minutes ago, UnkleMoooose said:

If, has been reported, he ran a boiler room outfit (ie a phone scam separating the gullible from their savings), then he got what he was owed. That is why he was shot, and good riddance.

Reported by whom? I have only seen it posted on TV, but that does not  make it so, does it?

pretty obvious it was paid killing by someone he linked to . you don't get shot in head in that hit style with 2 up on motorbike for road rage type incidents. Quite a few links to him and boiler rooms before this incident so is valid area of investigation .

Being shot is very easy in Thailand if upset the wrong people, 1 guy I knew from old friends got shot on his motorbike outside his house by hitmen hired by his wife :-/ all about money and face here and killing as easy as buying a iced coffee unfortunately ...

2 hours ago, Briggsy said:

The fact that the cops have not yet blurted out some fabricated, defamatory motive to prove how all-knowing they are tells me they are dealing with powerful people with lots of money and influence and thus they need to keep all their options open including doing absolutely nothing.

If this guy was big in the boiler rooms or other criminal enterprise, there is a good reason that these criminals select Thailand as the place to conduct business. It is because senior figures in the Thai Police rake off a large cut to allow them to carry on. The investigating police do not want any investigation leading to powerful players particularly amongst their own ranks.

The reason for the RTP's sudden embrace of caution in their pronouncements is obvious when you look at the photos on the victim's facebook page. 

1 minute ago, Chang_paarp said:

The reason for the RTP's sudden embrace of caution in their pronouncements is obvious when you look at the photos on the victim's facebook page. 

Yes, I thought of that after posting.

1 hour ago, smotherb said:

The TV keyboard sleuths are hot at it again. Unless someone has more information than I have seen, we know nothing. I wonder how many of you are simply jealous that he was driving a car worth more than your yearly expenditures here. This could have been a simple case of lost face, road rage, mistaken identity, irate husband, or any of a number of reasons other than he was involved in some nefarious illegal situation.

If he had a "job"he could just pay on the never never.Nobody has said he paid cash.I maybe jealous but i'm alive.

46 minutes ago, smedly said:

95% of murders are committed or instigated by people who are known by the victim

The motives are almost always the same and fall into 3 general categories

1. Money or greed

2. Jealousy (relationship linked)

3. Revenge or hate

Can be a mix but more or less the same thing

It could also be something that happened that day with a total stranger - maybe a motoring incident (category 3.) but unlikely - although in Thailand I wouldn't completely rule it out

When you consider the above it generally narrows down the suspect list considerably and when investigated properly can usually reveal a possible motive.

This guy seems to have been connected possibly to the wrong people, when you expose yourself like that it comes with possible conflict and danger, the local police may be unwilling to dig to deep in which case the investigation should be task to police outside of Pattaya

Either way if they are unable to uncover what was behind this crime then they haven't tried hard enough or didn't want too

You missed at least one other possibility; mistaken identity.  However, no matter what the reason; there still is no more than conjecture that he was involved in anything untoward.

2 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

If he had a "job"he could just pay on the never never.Nobody has said he paid cash.I maybe jealous but i'm alive.

Are you talkin' to me?  I never mentioned "job" or "cash" and I certainly did not deny you were still alive.  So, what are you rattling about?

2 hours ago, Briggsy said:

The fact that the cops have not yet blurted out some fabricated, defamatory motive to prove how all-knowing they are tells me they are dealing with powerful people with lots of money and influence and thus they need to keep all their options open including doing absolutely nothing.

If this guy was big in the boiler rooms or other criminal enterprise, there is a good reason that these criminals select Thailand as the place to conduct business. It is because senior figures in the Thai Police rake off a large cut to allow them to carry on. The investigating police do not want any investigation leading to powerful players particularly amongst their own ranks.

It is easy to make (wrongful) assumptions based on the scant 'real' evidence emanating from this tragedy - but I have to agree with you that there is a very compelling case that Mr Kenway was involved in criminal activities. Thailand is like a magnet to criminals not only due to an utterly ineffectual legal system, corrupt and compliant government and police officials (so that in the exceptional instances of being caught and prosecuted there is a virtual lack of preventative punishment) but also because Thailand - and especially Pattaya - is home to a burgeoning 'criminal community'.

Indeed, the moment it was revealed that Mr Kenway formerly resided in Marbella (on the infamous 'Costa Del Crime') of southern Spain - there is a strongly convincing argument that Mr Kenway was not as 'lily-white' as his friends and family are now claiming him to be. Whatever the case, and whilst it is sad that any person should be so brutally and callously murdered - this is all part of the 'risk vs reward' choice that criminals make.

Edited by gios50hk

3 hours ago, Living in a cartoon said:

Website designer...for a boiler room operation.

Yep, probably! But it sounds good. One man go to car, shot in head, no robbery, just walk away. Definately ordered hit, by a very unhappy customer. I mean, here people get killed for not making the right haircut. It´s not so far to that someone disliked the colours on thier website. LOL

Edited by Get Real

Boy, aren't a bunch of people going to be embarrassed if we find out the killer and his getaway driver were just staking out an ATM and shot the first one they saw who made 2 withdrawals, indicating more than 20,000 baht.

I haven't a clue why he was killed.  Could someone please PM me if there's some actual evidence posted?  I'm getting a little queasy reading all the conjecture, not knowing the guy at all. 

To me, his photo looks a lot like a guy who's been sought on the Craigslist computer section for months for scamming someone.  But then, all refugees from the commonwealth are starting to look the same to me...  Maybe 1 in a hundred that's him.

17 minutes ago, smotherb said:

You missed at least one other possibility; mistaken identity.  However, no matter what the reason; there still is no more than conjecture that he was involved in anything untoward.

I never stated he was involved in anything untoward

I made a general accurate post about murder and motives