Bangkok Bank new internet banking regulations

Anybody else in the last few days, for me today, when log into Bualuang Ibanking abruptly and before I could see the main page with overview on own account get a long list message about new policies and rules for the use of Bualuang Ibanking which must be accepted or rejected before being directed to his/her account?

Thanks

Felt.

Yes, I just tried and got the same message. I accepted the rules and was transferred to my main page.  I logged off and then logged on again and was going to decline the rules to see what would happen.  But I did not get the rules page again, it went directly to my account so it must be a on time deal if you accept them. I don't know what would have happened if I had declined them the first time but would dread having to go to the bank and fill out paperwork to re-instate the account so I'm glad that I accepted them in the first place.

Thank you for replying. I really wonder what reason Bangkok Bank have for this but tells me that they have been in and checking. Maybe in my case it is that I was at their branch here a short week ago and asked for a annual Statement (1 year) which always seems to surprize them even after many years doing so. I doesn't get less sceptical looks when I tell them I use that statement to prove for the revenue department how much I transferred to Thailand last year and pay my Thai tax.:unsure:

Yeap, logged onto Bangkok Bank ibanking and needed to accept the rules before I could get logged on.  Now when logging on the second and third time it didn't ask me to accept the rules again.

My Thai wife then tried logging with her credentials which includes some of our joint accounts but she starts with the "Thai language" selection.   Rules not offered....logged right end.  She then tried again with Thai language selection....same result.   Then she tries logging on with the English language selection....now the rules appear which you must accept before being able to complete log on.  Logged off, tried again with English language selection, the rules didn't appear.

Appears to be rules are just for English language folks (i.e., farangs) as Thai don't need or follow rules unless it personally benefits them.  Farangs apparently need to be put on notice.

4 hours ago, Pib said:

Yeap, logged onto Bangkok Bank ibanking and needed to accept the rules before I could get logged on.  Now when logging on the second and third time it didn't ask me to accept the rules again.

My Thai wife then tried logging with her credentials which includes some of our joint accounts but she starts with the "Thai language" selection.   Rules not offered....logged right end.  She then tried again with Thai language selection....same result.   Then she tries logging on with the English language selection....now the rules appear which you must accept before being able to complete log on.  Logged off, tried again with English language selection, the rules didn't appear.

Appears to be rules are just for English language folks (i.e., farangs) as Thai don't need or follow rules unless it personally benefits them.  Farangs apparently need to be put on notice.

Ditto for me when I just logged on to Bualang I-Banking prompted by this thread. Apparently BBL updated the terms and conditions on 21 January.

I have, however, downloaded what I have just accepted, and, upon trawling back through my records, I recall going through a similar process just over 3 years ago - the previous terms and conditions which I had downloaded dated back to 13 December 2013.

Pib - would be it possible for me to do some "Document compare" of both sets of T&C's (which are in PDF format) without having to invest in additional software? I am just curious to find out what changes I have agreed to without having to go through the palaver of comparing both documents manually with a fine tooth comb!

10 hours ago, wayned said:

Yes, I just tried and got the same message. I accepted the rules and was transferred to my main page.  I logged off and then logged on again and was going to decline the rules to see what would happen.  But I did not get the rules page again, it went directly to my account so it must be a on time deal if you accept them. I don't know what would have happened if I had declined them the first time but would dread having to go to the bank and fill out paperwork to re-instate the account so I'm glad that I accepted them in the first place.

Ditto

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

Pib - would be it possible for me to do some "Document compare" of both sets of T&C's (which are in PDF format) without having to invest in additional software?

In plain text form would be easy,

Send me a PM with the old conditons in whatever form you have it and I can give it a try in the evening.

EDIT: what a joke!

The new T&C are not on the website. Still Dec 2013.

(Effective as from December 15, 2013)

So please can someone copy the new text (select, copy/paste).

I have already "agreed".

Terms and Conditions Governing Bualuang iBanking and Bualuang mBanking Services

(Effective as from January 21, 2017)

For the purpose of my utilization of Bualuang iBanking and Bualuang mBanking Services of Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited (the "Bank"), I agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:

1. Definitions

1.1 "Service" means Bualuang iBanking and Bualuang mBanking Services.

1.2 "BiBS" means Bualuang iBanking Service.

1.3 "BmBS" means Bualuang mBanking Service.

1.4 "Applicant" means a person who has signed the Bualuang iBanking and Bualuang mBanking Services application form as Applicant or a person who has previously applied for the utilization of BiBS or this Service through any channel as provided by the Bank.

1.5 "PIN" means a code issued by the Bank or selected by the Applicant, as the case may be, to access BiBS or BmBS for the first time.

1.6 "Password" means a code selected by the Applicant to access BiBS before agreeing to utilize this Service, which can be automatically used as password for this Service, or a code selected by the Applicant to access this Service.

1.7 "User ID" means a user id issued by the Bank and given to the Applicant who has applied for BiBS, or a user id later selected by the Applicant who has applied for BiBS, before agreeing to utilize this Service, which can be automatically used as a user id for this Service; or a user id selected by the Applicant to access this Service.

1.8 "Mobile PIN" means a pin selected by the Applicant as a code to utilize BmBS through BmBS application installed on the Applicant’s mobile phone or any other communication device.

1.9 "PromptPay Service" means electronic transaction services with reference to identification number, mobile phone number, numerical number or any other identifier as may be later specified.

2. Service

The Applicant may utilize BiBS and/or BmBS for the following activities or transactions:

2.1 BiBS

The Applicant may utilize BiBS for the following activities or transactions:

(1) verification of account activities

(2) money transfer

(3) making of payments

(4) services relating to investments in mutual funds

(5) special services, e.g., stopping payments of cheques, verifying cheque return items, requesting the Bank to verify irregular transactions

(6) other services as informed by the Bank on its website

2.2 BmBS

The Applicant may utilize BmBS for the following activities or transactions:

(1) services specified in Clause 2.1 (1)-(4)

(2) the Bank’s branches and ATMs location finding

(3) other services as informed by the Bank on its website

The Applicant may obtain information from the Bank’s website on the types of services provided by the Bank through different channels.

3. Service Utilization

The Applicant hereby acknowledges, accepts and agrees as follows:

3.1 to comply with the service manual provided by the Bank in the form of pamphlet, text posted on the Bank’s website or in any other form as the Bank deems appropriate, which shall be deemed part of these Terms and Conditions;

3.2 that any activity performed with the use of (1) User ID and PIN or Password or (2) Mobile PIN or (3) any other means provided by the Bank in accordance with the procedures and conditions for utilization of such type of service shall be considered an activity performed by the Applicant and shall be binding on the Applicant without the Applicant having to sign any documents;

3.3 to keep User ID, PIN, Password and Mobile PIN (if any) confidential and not to disclose them to any person;

3.4 that in the event any other person gains knowledge of the PIN, the Applicant shall immediately give notice of cancellation of the PIN to the Bank and request a new PIN in accordance with the procedures prescribed by the Bank;

3.5 that in the case where any other person gains knowledge of User ID, Password and Mobile PIN (if any), the Applicant shall immediately changes the said codes in accordance with the procedures specified by the Bank;

3.6 that BiBS may be utilized via the internet or any other system through the use of computer, mobile phone or other means prescribed by the Bank; and

that BmBS may be utilized via a mobile phone or any other communication device prescribed by the Bank;

provided that, the Applicant may not be able to utilize certain services through certain channels;

3.7 In the case where the Bank provides for the use of the Service by any other means as specified in Clause 3.2 (3), the Bank may limit the use to certain types of services only, e.g., verification of the account balance and account activities movement, but the Applicant may use other services hereunder by proceeding in compliance with the provision of Clause 3.2 (1) or (2), as the case may be.

3.8 that the Applicant may view information and perform transactions via BiBS 24 hours everyday, except for transfers of funds into deposit accounts of other individuals, stopping payments of cheques, stopping withdrawals from passbooks and for certain activities and transactions which can only be performed during the time periods set by the Bank;

3.9 that the Applicant may view information and perform transactions via BmBS 24 hours everyday, except for transfers of funds into deposit accounts of other individuals and for certain activities and transactions which can only be performed during the time periods set by the Bank;

3.10 that the Bank has prescribed the maximum amounts per transaction and per day for each type of transactions effected via this Service, which may be viewed from the Bank’s website. The Applicant may adjust any such maximum amounts through the channel used for this Service or any other channel as may be specified by the Bank;

3.11 that any transfer of funds by the Applicant shall only be made from a savings or current account;

3.12 the Applicant acknowledges that each service provided by the Bank via this Service is governed by the provisions, terms and conditions relating to such service which can be viewed by the Applicant at any time at the Bank’s website, and the Applicant agrees to be bound by the said provisions, terms and conditions in all respects;

3.13 that in the event the Bank agrees that the Applicant may apply for any service provided by the Bank via this Service or via any other channel prescribed by the Bank instead of signing an application for the said service, the Applicant agrees to be bound by the

terms and conditions governing such service in all respects as if the Applicant has applied for such service by signing such application;

3.14 that transactions relating to foreign currency exchange shall be conducted in accordance with the conditions relating to such service;

3.15 that in the event the Applicant has conducted a transaction via this Service resulting in an overdrawn amount in the Applicant’s current account, the Applicant agrees to be bound by the conditions relating to an overdraft as agreed with the Bank or as prescribed by the Bank, as the case may be;

3.16 that with regard to the stopping payments of cheques via BiBS, the Bank will take a stop payment order and proceed promptly, and such stop payment order will take effect immediately after the lapse of 5 minutes from the time the Bank receives such order. If payment on the cheque cannot be stopped, the Applicant will not demand that the Bank be responsible for any loss or damage that may occur;

3.17 that the Bank may not be able to provide this Service temporarily in the case where the computer system, equipment, communication system or network relating to BiBS is damaged, or under repair or maintenance, or where the service is unavailable due to a force majeure event;

3.18 that the Bank reserves the right to change any terms and conditions as well as service fees. Any such changes shall be announced by the Bank at the office/branch or website of the Bank. In case of change of service fees, the Bank shall announce or inform the Applicant not less than 30 days in advance;

3.19 that if the Applicant finds an error in this Service or has any question about account activities, the Applicant shall provide the Bank with details thereof for the Bank's investigation. The Bank shall inform the Applicant of the result of such investigation within 30 days from the date the Bank receives notice of such error or question;

3.20 that where this Service is used, the Applicant shall not be exempted from personal income tax on interest earned on savings accounts maintained with the Bank;

3.21 in the event the Applicant has applied for this Service by commencing the application process and completing it through a method provided by the Bank without signing any document, the Applicant agrees to be bound by the relevant terms and conditions prescribed by the Bank in all respects without having to sign any documents;

3.22 that any communication, letters and notices sent by the Bank to the Applicant by postal delivery or by E-mail at the address indicated by the Applicant shall be considered as having been duly delivered to the Applicant, and that it is the Applicant's responsibility to notify the Bank immediately of any change of address or E-mail address in writing or via BiBS;

3.23 in the case where the Applicant has agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions governing Bualuang iBanking, whether such terms and conditions appeared in the back of the Bualuang iBanking Service application form or Bualuang iBanking and Bualuang mBanking Services application form or appeared in the Provisions Governing Bualuang iBanking Service pamphlet, or has agreed to be bound by such terms and conditions via the Bank’s website or elsewhere, the Applicant agrees to be bound by and to comply with these Terms and Conditions in replacement of those previously agreed;

3.24 the Applicant may transfer funds or make payment transactions via BmBS by only specifying the transferee’s account number or the payee’s code. In this case, the Applicant himself/herself shall perform such transaction and verify the correctness of the transferee’s account number or the payee’s code and the Bank will proceed in accordance with the Applicant’s instructions.

The Applicant may also use such service via BiBS when informed by the Bank on its website.

3.25 in utilizing BmBS via BmBS Application installed on the Applicant’s mobile phone or any other communication device, the Applicant agrees to the Bank’s verification of any relevant information;

The Applicant acknowledges that the Applicant may be at risk in utilizing this Service if the operating system of the Applicant’s mobile phone or any other communication device is not correct or below standard.

3.26 For funds transfer or payment of goods and services to the transferee who registered with PromptPay Service, the Applicant will verify the correctness of such information by the Applicant herself/himself, and the Bank will proceed in accordance with such instructions of the Applicant.

4. Bank's Responsibilities

The Bank will be responsible for any loss or damage arising from the Bank’s willful misconduct and gross negligence, to the extent that such loss or damage is ordinarily incurred and shall not be liable for any loss or damage that occurs under special circumstances. However, the Applicant agrees that the Bank shall not be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from:

4.1. the use by any person of User ID and PIN or Password or Mobile PIN or any other means in accordance with the procedures prescribed by the Bank;

4.2. force majeure events or events that are not under the Bank’s control including failure of equipment or communication systems, inoperative connection signals, computer virus, unlawful acts or in the case where the Bank suspends this Service for the purpose of system upgrade or maintenance, which prevent the Applicant from using this Service;

4.3. delay or error caused by, or deficiency of, computers or equipments of the Applicant, the Bank, Internet Service Provider or any other communication network, provided that the Bank shall be responsible if such delay, error, or deficiency is caused by the Bank’s wilful misconduct or gross negligence;

4.4. delay caused by the process of this Service;

4.5. non-compliance by the Applicant of these Terms and Conditions or any provisions, terms or conditions of any service utilized by the Applicant via this Service.

5. Fees The Applicant agrees to pay the annual fee, service fees, and other expenses relating to the use of this Service and other services utilized by the Applicant via BiBS at the rates announced by the Bank. The Applicant agrees that the Bank may deduct any amount from the primary deposit account or any other account of the Applicant to pay for the said fees and expenses.

6. Disclosure of Information

The Applicant agrees that the Bank may make inquiry about, keep, collect, use, disclose, or give, certain or all information relating to the Applicant as the Bank deems necessary and appropriate or deems beneficial to the Applicant for the purpose of receiving proposals on other services.

7. Termination of Service

7.1 The Bank may terminate this Service at anytime without having to notify the Applicant in the case where:

(1) the Applicant has not accessed this Service for a period of more than 1 year from the date of completion of the application process or from the date of the last access to this Service by the Applicant; or

(2) for any reason, the Bank is unable to deduct any amount from the Applicant's deposit account to pay for the annual fee or service fees.

7.2 The Bank may terminate BiBS or BmBS or any service provided via BiBS or BmBS without having to inform the Applicant in advance.

7.3 The Applicant may terminate the use of this Service at anytime by giving a 15 banking days' prior written notice to the Bank in accordance with the procedures prescribed by the Bank. Such notice shall take effect at the end of the 15 banking days' period, and all remaining instructions made in advance through BiBS or BmBS that are to be effected after the end of the said period shall be automatically cancelled.

I have read and understood the terms and conditions set forth above, and agreed to be bound by such terms and conditions as from the date I indicated my acceptance by pressing the ‘Accept’ button.

7 hours ago, Pib said:

My better half also logged in to here Bualuang Internet bank today and no message popup there.

Agree just regular bank stuff you get at any account, the nice difference I think is that you can see the payments you have done with your debit card in stores separately from the other transfers or ATM withdrawals. Even though it's the same card.

45 minutes ago, Tom Parkinson said:

I notice the references to PromptPay, which I also saw was supposed to have started up recently. Is that possibly the reason for new bank boilerplate?

Promptpay is delayed but in this days ready to be launched and yes the banks says different today but in the long term it will cost the consumer more in one or another way when banks (wherever it is) introduce new systems.

4 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Normal terms and conditions. Nothing to get your knickers in a twist over

Basically correct.

The core is unchanged (responsibilities, liabilities).

Changes/additions(new clauses) in:

1.9 new clause for PromptPay

2.2. (1) adding a  point (4) referring to mutual funds

3.2 adding "other" methods for authorization.
Generic text for future new methods than PW or PIN/OTP (?)

3.7, 3.8, 3.9
3.8 More details about transactions that can only be performed during bank operating hours(?)

3.24 reworked text about paying to account which has not been registered beforehand(?)

3.26 new clause about PromptPay

4.1 reworked text about authorization methods

The numbers refer to the new text.

Unfortunately they added a new clause in chapter 3, so that comparing gets a bit more complicated.

Edited by KhunBENQ
formatting

10 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Normal terms and conditions. Nothing to get your knickers in a twist over

You do realize that you are now responsible for me (and plenty of others) skipping over the T&Cs and just accepting them blindly!!! :smile:

Edited by jacko45k

17 hours ago, LALes said:

Yep.  Had to agree before I could access my pages.  I did it.  The world didn't come to an end.

:huh:.....not the end of the world but my Bangkok Bank account was tapped or more correctly my details had been used for an transaction I don't know about yesterday 1700pm

at a time when I was with my exercise hubbies in the park and no  ATM card with me or for that matter no place to use it there.

As I'm the OP maybe its Karma :goof: Anyway I contacted "Rescue" at Bangkok Bank today but they cant see what the transaction is before 3 days so have to call them after the weekend. In the meantime I have blocked for purchases and withdrawn most of the cash on account, don't want to give who eventually are behind the purchase another opportunity.

Thanks, Felt

On 1/27/2017 at 8:58 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Basically correct.

The core is unchanged (responsibilities, liabilities).

Changes/additions(new clauses) in:

1.9 new clause for PromptPay

2.2. (1) adding a  point (4) referring to mutual funds

3.2 adding "other" methods for authorization.
Generic text for future new methods than PW or PIN/OTP (?)

3.7, 3.8, 3.9
3.8 More details about transactions that can only be performed during bank operating hours(?)

3.24 reworked text about paying to account which has not been registered beforehand(?)

3.26 new clause about PromptPay

4.1 reworked text about authorization methods

The numbers refer to the new text.

Unfortunately they added a new clause in chapter 3, so that comparing gets a bit more complicated.

Belated thanks, KhunBENQ

Clearly it would have involved far too much effort for BBL to have listed and notified these changes to us in advance of their implementation - in stark contrast to my UK bank which did precisely this when they revised their T&C's 6 months ago!

Edited by OJAS

On 1/28/2017 at 1:02 PM, Felt 35 said:

:huh:.....not the end of the world but my Bangkok Bank account was tapped or more correctly my details had been used for an transaction I don't know about yesterday 1700pm

at a time when I was with my exercise hubbies in the park and no  ATM card with me or for that matter no place to use it there.

As I'm the OP maybe its Karma :goof: Anyway I contacted "Rescue" at Bangkok Bank today but they cant see what the transaction is before 3 days so have to call them after the weekend. In the meantime I have blocked for purchases and withdrawn most of the cash on account, don't want to give who eventually are behind the purchase another opportunity.

Thanks, Felt

Oh dear, sounds like some ATM fraudster may have been dipping their dirty little mitts into your account.

Following similar experiences with previous Krung Thai and Kasikorn accounts, I have decided not to hold any sort of card for my BBL account.

6 hours ago, OJAS said:

Oh dear, sounds like some ATM fraudster may have been dipping their dirty little mitts into your account.

Following similar experiences with previous Krung Thai and Kasikorn accounts, I have decided not to hold any sort of card for my BBL account.

I think at least I can say that it is a transaction and not a cash machine withdrawal. The amount is xx57.30 and as far as I know difficult to withdraw that amount from ATMs.

Problem is I haven't bought anything in a shop here for that amount and either have I used the card online since last year. But I sit and wonder if it can be a online company previously used by me which have done a mistake and charged me. Anyway hope to get info from the Bank after the holiday about what it is so I eventually can use the account or cancel it.

Btw,Is it difficult to get a new account this days for a retired foreigner?

Thanks

Felt.

Edited by Felt 35

9 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

Btw,Is it difficult to get a new account this days for a retired foreigner?

Thanks

Felt.

As in the case of seeking information about immigration procedures, I'm afraid that that depends on (1) which branch of a particular bank you contact, (2) to whom you speak in that branch, and (3) which side of the bed they got out of that particular morning.:unsure:

18 hours ago, OJAS said:

As in the case of seeking information about immigration procedures, I'm afraid that that depends on (1) which branch of a particular bank you contact, (2) to whom you speak in that branch, and (3) which side of the bed they got out of that particular morning.:unsure:

I ment of course new ATM card and I got a new already and the Bank is investigating the transaction. :402: I was lucky with Bank employee today so it went relatively quick.

Btw, also overheard some info (when my new card was issued) about new ATM cards under implementation in all Thai banks this year due to new provisions from Visa and Mastercard and something about Union pay. Btw, this card I got today is white with chip but no visa sign on but sign from Union pay and Thai payment network. The old one was blue also with chip and visa sign! New one most likely restrict me to take out and deposit money:unsure:

Felt.

Sucks that someone infiltrated your account.  I hope I never have to deal with that here.  

New cards don't sound too thrilling, either.  I have the old, blue and white Visa card and it works just fine.

Hate to have to give it up due to some jerk hacking into my account.

3 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

I ment of course new ATM card and I got a new already and the Bank is investigating the transaction. :402: I was lucky with Bank employee today so it went relatively quick.

Btw, also overheard some info (when my new card was issued) about new ATM cards under implementation in all Thai banks this year due to new provisions from Visa and Mastercard and something about Union pay. Btw, this card I got today is white with chip but no visa sign on but sign from Union pay and Thai payment network. The old one was blue also with chip and visa sign! New one most likely restrict me to take out and deposit money:unsure:

Felt.

You could have got a Visa card if pressing them hard; however, Bangkok Bank is pushing the TPN-UnionPay card probably because the Thai Payment Network (TPN) is 50% owned by Bangkok Bank and 50% owned by UnionPay.  Use of the UnionPay logo will basically earn Bangkok Bank more profit.  However, as  you probably seen the UnionPay card is not accepted yet by a lot of Thai merchants.

2 hours ago, Pib said:

You could have got a Visa card if pressing them hard; however, Bangkok Bank is pushing the TPN-UnionPay card probably because the Thai Payment Network (TPN) is 50% owned by Bangkok Bank and 50% owned by UnionPay.  Use of the UnionPay logo will basically earn Bangkok Bank more profit.  However, as  you probably seen the UnionPay card is not accepted yet by a lot of Thai merchants.

Unfortunately did I not read the other tread here on TV regarding Union pay before I went to the bank and actually have never heard about union pay before:blush:. With my previous Be1st I had it was even possible to shop in stores back home but I have never seen a Union pay sign back home! Anyway will test tomorrow at an ATM and also shopping.

Edited by Felt 35