Video: Aussie pensioner sets fire to his house in Surat after row with his Thai girlfriend

webfact

3 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Yes please tea would be nice, some of us are busy you know no time to scroll through multitude of the same responses. Plus I know with the relevent sarcastic comments someone will find it for me. 

Surely you time would be better spent reading the posts, rather than typing a reply asking whats in the previous posts ?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A serious embarrassment to westerners. But he certainly did not deserve to be robbed.

I am surprised though how more foreigners don't go mad in this nuthouse.    

This low life thief of a "girlfriend" (probably planned from the very first day?) is but one tiny example of what goes on on a daily basis in this wonderful land of smiling, waiing people.

My buddy had 1.5m EURO stolen from him through corruption by his partner, moneylenders, the local cops, the land office, the local lawyers and the courts.
He was in court recently (Phuket) and one of the plaintiffs lawyers made a remark/threat against his children that caused him to settle a case where he was 100% innocent. The same lawyer was then seen having tea with the judge. 

Sick society.

He's not a Westerner, so is not an embarrassment to Westerners.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

3 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Where did I even mention insurance? Don't give a dam about him trying to burn down anything. Think you are quoting the wrong person. Never mind old age comes to us all.

Don't know if you did or did not... I don't care... you said people like me spread rumors... I debunked that by pointing out that all I said was that landlord insurance covers arson ( by tenants)... ergo... your WRONG... I did not spread rumors.

got it?

3 hours ago, Chip Allen said:

No "high horse", merely better educated than you and most Thais. The people here are peasants in mentality as well as fact. They have no identity beyond their fealty to royalty. They are fiercely proud of groveling before hereditary superbeings who would use them as food for their animals if they could do it secretly. The "noble savage" idea is alive and well on TVF.

Sorry dude... didn't realise that you were better educated than me... sorry.. I.

mind you... I just revisited your post, and I dispute your assertation, and further, your claim to be better educated than myself sort of suggests that you do indeed have a high horse, to sit atop

certainly, if nothing else, it can be said that you are deficit in humility.... 

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes I hope he goes to jail.. if he was burning people's properties. (different story if it was his own bed). You sound like a farang apologist, I would want a Thai that sets fire to my stuff go to jail too. Damm just think that he could have burned the house down. 

I just fail to see why a third party should suffer because this guy got shafted. Had he done something to the wife her property i could have understood. 

Who says a third party is going to suffer?

seems to me, this man is the one suffering.

He is not alone and it is a troubling story. There are a lot of pensioners with mental health issues for one reason or another and left without support. I doubt he has much money saved other than what was taken and perhaps only his pension to survive on. At a guess, family is not strong in Australia either [hopefully wrong] but these old timers tend to lose relationships as they sink further into a poorly framed ageing situation.

Seen plenty of lonely ageing retirees with alcoholism usually, and only an  illness or accident away from disaster. Some of Nancy’s work for many retirees who face challenges [be they better prepared] sheds light on less well prepared retirees whose lifestyle and attitudinal choices are less than conducive to their deteriorating circumstances.

Fact remains many people choose to retire in Thailand because it has licentious lifestyle extensions for choice and or affordability they are not prepared to moderate themselves at home. This bloke is another. Won’t end well.

2 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Who says a third party is going to suffer?

seems to me, this man is the one suffering.

He set a damm bed to fire under the car port.. .. the damage to the port is not nothing. I would not be amused as an owner. There is property damage..  seems your quite eager to defend the guy.. I wonder if the same were true if it was you property. 

43 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You are going to have to put some punctuation in that sentence, its not clear what you are trying to say .

43 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You are going to have to put some punctuation in that sentence, its not clear what you are trying to say .

Grammer cops out in force today.

26 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Don't know if you did or did not... I don't care... you said people like me spread rumors... I debunked that by pointing out that all I said was that landlord insurance covers arson ( by tenants)... ergo... your WRONG... I did not spread rumors.

got it?

Yes I got it you spread rumours and quote the wrong people without reading. Got it.

9 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

I honestly couldnt work out what you were trying to say, whether you were asking a question or making a statement .

A comma OR a question mark, may have made your post understandable

8 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Yes I got it you spread rumours and quote the wrong people without reading. Got it.

And yet, you admit to not being bothered to go back and check these things.

that doesn't help your argument at all.... again... all I claimed was that arson is covered by landlords insurance, where I come from.

what rumor do you accuse me of spreading?

16 minutes ago, robblok said:

He set a damm bed to fire under the car port.. .. the damage to the port is not nothing. I would not be amused as an owner. There is property damage..  seems your quite eager to defend the guy.. I wonder if the same were true if it was you property. 

Value of sofa ( IF owned by landlord)... plus value of smoke damage, equals what?

it equals less than a usual bond.... and may be made good by woody, prior to next weekend.... ergo... no loss to landlord.

i had a property, that was trashed by tenants, a few years ago, but landlords insurance made it better than it was... so was I upset?... not really.. question answered.

Value of sofa ( IF owned by landlord)... plus value of smoke damage, equals what?

it equals less than a usual bond.... and may be made good by woody, prior to next weekend.... ergo... no loss to landlord.

i had a property, that was trashed by tenants, a few years ago, but landlords insurance made it better than it was... so was I upset?... not really.. question answered.

What country did you have that insurance and what country are we living in.

Your far more forgiving then i am. Pull a stunt with me and ill make sure the police is involved. This could have been far worse.

Insurance in general does not mean you get ahead at best you get even but more often then not you dont.

15 minutes ago, robblok said:

What country did you have that insurance and what country are we living in.

Your far more forgiving then i am. Pull a stunt with me and ill make sure the police is involved. This could have been far worse.

Insurance in general does not mean you get ahead at best you get even but more often then not you dont.

And again.... how much to repaint a carport in this country?...it will be covered by bond... easy...

we don't know who owned the furniture, so it's not relevant

re insurances... you asked if I would be pissed... my personal experience was ....no, I was not ( when it did happen to me)... that way I don't need to forgive... I just get on with life, accepting that things happen... whilst protecting myself (the police won't help... especially not in this country, you know that... and in other countries, whilst perhaps charging the person, it still won't help your bottom line)

what your six, dude

ask a new question, if you can't box around the answers to the last 

Edited by farcanell

17 minutes ago, Shroud said:

stupid lowlife scumbag

Kudos... a well balanced and considered comment.... I assume you know this poor old bloke, who has seemingly been ripped off by a person he trusted, was possibly physically abused by her progeny, and has had assasination attempts made on his persons... to make such a comment.

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

And yet, you admit to not being bothered to go back and check these things.

that doesn't help your argument at all.... again... all I claimed was that arson is covered by landlords insurance, where I come from.

what rumor do you accuse me of spreading?

You really have no idea do you. So it's ok to burn things in a rented house beacuse the insurance covers it. What a load of <deleted>. Can I rent your place I need to have a burning session.

34 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

You really have no idea do you. So it's ok to burn things in a rented house beacuse the insurance covers it. What a load of <deleted>. Can I rent your place I need to have a burning session.

The point is more that the bond (vs insurance... as I said regards insurance, right at the get go, "were I'm from") will cover the damage... if woody doesn't fix it himself first... even making him eligible to recover his bond... so everyone is, as usual, jumping the gun on that

y'all are claiming that the property owner is the victim... this is not nessesarily the case... the owner may not suffer at all... so put that aside for a minute

what you are ignoring though, is the pain and suffering (physically and psychologically) that woody is going thru... this can destabilize anyone, and needs considering, rather than ignoring or marginalizing.

if the property owner suffers no financial loss... just say for a moment, that he/ she does not... then who is the victim? It's arguably the man that some are calling a low life scum.

compassion is great... I'm simply suggesting it's misplaced in apportioning it to someone who may not be affected (property owner)... leave some over for the old bugger who is clearly distressed.... and seemingly justified to be distressed.

and.... if you can spare 100 k baht a month, on a 200k baht bond... yes, you can rent my place in rawai... love to have you... come on down... I'll even arc up a (safe) Barbie and throw some prawns on it for you.

i could be wrong... have been before... but I'm pretty sure this shows that I do have an idea

20 hours ago, manarak said:

second thought... I'm surprised this didn't take place in Pattaya.

Oh it does, but it doesn't make the papers!

Don't let your girlfriend know your ATM PIN, and accept you may get her family with her who will be much higher in the pecking order to her.

Edited by jacko45k
spelling

2 minutes ago, prestburypark said:

Aussie logic, please guide me...I get it if he had built the house, but setting fire to a rental ???

Where's the reasoning, or is that being a little ambitious?

It sends the message We Had Had It With Thai Bull Rear End Stuff and if you dod not know what That is its FIN LIES

19 hours ago, Tanlic said:

Sorry for your loss but unless it was in joint names there no way on this earth would any bank allow her to withdraw using a bank book. Even If he had a will that would take ages before the bank would release money to her.

Let's say you are right why didn't she then not take the lot in one hit? nothing stopping her from doing that.

I would reckon she had a ATM card and a pin number your late Farther gave her because he wanted her to be ok should anything happen to him. Hence the 20k per day

I would suggest most guys that have lived with their wives or girlfriends and possibly kids for a long time have similar arrangements because to them they are the number one person in their lives.

I have this arrangement with my wife.

She has an ATM card in her wallet, of my bankaccount in my country, and if so inclined she can withdraw if needed, which incidentally she never did.

Married for 30 years.:smile:

21 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Stop your mouth OK? ( Thailish) This is Thailand we don't care if she stole 500.000 Baht from you. The guy is depressed and he needs help. Losing all your savings when you are already old is very difficult. Foreigners need to be careful . Many Thai women are just after Farangs money not because they are handsome.Wake up guys......I feel sorry for this old man....

Stop you mouth

That new on me

should be shut your

Its another Thai rip off as you know soon you will get the same being a farang in the wonderful world of bullsh-t

day after day this is happening so do as I did say <deleted> thai and now I am happy but a little cold its -1 tonight

BUT I AM FREE