Trump bars door to refugees, visitors from seven nations

rooster59

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, USPatriot said:

Any American working in any of these countries is and always will be in danger.

There is always a certain level of risk, but the actions that took place in the past couple of days raised the risk level dramatically.

11 minutes ago, WaywardWind said:

In case you missed the memo, discrimination based on religion is against the law and the US Constitution.

Nope I didn't miss it.

But I know what religion yells A.A when plowing down the sidewalk in a truck during Christmas or in a us military base while shooting people.

12 minutes ago, USPatriot said:

Profiling is used because it works.  My wife waited 1 full year through the visa process    not 2 or 3 months.    Look at other countries taking in the wome and children refugees most are 18+ you males. <snip>

As the topic is the USA, the facts are...

A senior State Department official gave the following breakdown of exactly who has been let in:

Half of the Syrian refugees brought to the U.S. so far have been children; and [2.5%] are adults over 60. And I think you will have heard that only 2 percent are single males of combat age. So we – there’s slightly more – it’s roughly 50/50 men and women, slightly more men I would say, but not – not a lot more men. So this is normal that as you’re – as we set a priority of bringing the most vulnerable people, we’re going to have female-headed households with a lot of children, and we’re going to have extended families that are maybe missing the person who used to be the top breadwinner but have several generations – grandparents, a widowed mother, and children.

Edited by simple1

1 minute ago, USPatriot said:

But I know what religion yells A.A when plowing down the sidewalk in a truck during Christmas or in a us military base while shooting people.

Yes, and we all know the religion of the adherents of the IRA bombers 40 years ago, but that didn't stop the US allowing Roman Catholics - and even Irish people - to visit. Indeed, some of the good Catholics of New England were suspected of providing funds to those terrorists. But they were, you know, white people and fellow "Christians", so that's all right then.

6 minutes ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

You're the one making the argument. As you (should) know, it's impossible to prove something by its absence. You claim there's case law against my point. Knock your socks off producing it

Excuse me..where did I say case law? 

I said a religious test would violate the Constitution and the courts would disagree with your assertion.

Just now, WaywardWind said:

Excuse me..where did I say case law? 

I said a religious test would violate the Constitution and the courts would disagree with your assertion.

How would the courts state their disagreement if not through case law? Or this is you knowing what the courts would say?

4 hours ago, jpinx said:

You don't need a book to "read"  DT  and whatever people see in him, the USA elected him POTUS for the next 4 years.  That's the greatness of democracy. 

It's far from the greatness of democracy, it's the triumph of mass manipulation by a master of that disgusting trait.

23 hours ago, WaywardWind said:

Excellent? Not even close...

It is a disgusting short-sighted resolution to an issue which simply does not exist.

The largest group of individuals involved in terrorist attacks in the US were US citizens (77); the second largest group were UK citizens (33). A total of only 5 individuals of 174 arrested/convicted of terrorist activity in the US in the 12 years after 9/11 were from those even countries on the ban list.

Nothing more than red meat for his rabid xenophobic disciples.

What it will do is get US outposts - embassies, consulates, NGOs, etc., and yes, Trump properties, attacked abroad. He is creating more terrorists with this nonsense, and people will die because of these orders.

BS !

he is doing what others should have done a long time ago.   GO TRUMP !!

Naming a criminal's religion is not discriminatory, nor is it racist.  To suggest otherwise shows people as captives of political correctness.

It is giving information just as a Hispanic, or a black, or a Hindu, or a Brit, etc., could be identified as such.  Religion, nationality, and skin colour intentionally mixed.

Edited by F4UCorsair

54 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What trump is doing is fascism theater ... showing Americans and the world he really is a horrible moronic bully and he really doesn't care if he shows blatant financial corruption by leaving out nations where he has business interests. There is no doubt in my mind MORE Americans will be in danger from this than are secured. He's the type of strong man leader that wants to be FEARED  and doesn't mind at all if he is HATED, even by the majority of his own people. They are his enemies, and the enemies of the trumpissta true believers.

It's like wheeeeeeee, look at me Mom, I'm signing executive directives. Just another poorly thought out action done more for show than any lasting benefit.

1 hour ago, selftaopath said:

Unfortunately Congress and the Senate are republicans who wouldn't think about crossing the vindictive baby man. I expect the worse - more gerrymandering - attacks of media - and "holding hands" with the Russian dictator.

I've also come to believe the electoral college ought to be ended and republicans don't care a/b America or democracy. 

Without the electoral college NY CA IL have enough votes to elect the president

This man is despicable in everything he does. To stop children and wives and husbands separated from each other arriving in the states , to stop refugees and orphan kids fleeing the humanitarian horrors of the civil war in Syria. This man is an abomination and will surely cause this world deep and serious problems. 

His approach to China ( Mexico is a warm up) will also cause deep problems for the well being of us all as he could crash the world currencies if China retaliate to his isolationism , if he destabilises  China trade etc., , things could slip quickly and world trade fall away rapidly leaving a recession. Worse case scenario perhaps but this is a madman running the biggest economy and China is the next biggest economy. 

22 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Naming a criminal's religion is not discriminatory, nor is it racist.  To suggest otherwise shows people as captives of political correctness.

It is giving information just as a Hispanic, or a black, or a Hindu, or a Brit, etc., could be identified as such.  Religion, nationality, and skin colour intentionally mixed.

How about naming the nations in that order whose nationals  attacked your country in 2001? Or does Trump gave business interests in those countries?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijackers_in_the_September_11_attacks

20 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

It's like wheeeeeeee, look at me Mom, I'm signing executive directives. Just another poorly thought out action done more for show than any lasting benefit.

Yep, they're basically signed TWEETS.

Word is there has been very little legal overview of his orders unlike Obama's. 

American voters (a MINORITY) have truly unleashed a MONSTER. 

Just now, Jingthing said:

Yep, they're basically signed TWEETS.

Word is there has been very little legal overview of his orders unlike Obama's. 

American voters (a MINORITY) have truly unleashed a MONSTER. 

And another scary thing is that I don't get a sense that everyone around him is willing to object or voice doubt about a proposed action out of fear of falling out of favor. 

4 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

And another scary thing is that I don't get a sense that everyone around him is willing to object or voice doubt about a proposed action out of fear of falling out of favor. 

Yes, he's a total bully. You either praise him even when he's a monstrous idiot (usually) or you get on his ENEMIES list. At this point, the majority of Americans are on that list. I don't see now how this doesn't lead to some sort of civil war. 

Idealists often say one man can change the world. So true. But that one man's change effect can be an EVIL change. 

Both Americans and non-Americans trying to sell the narrative that this was just another election and trump is just another president are way off the mark. We're in very dangerous and totally new territory now. 

Edited by Jingthing

39 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Banning all visitors or immigrants from a given country when 99.9% of its citizens practice a given religion is religious discrimination. Very un-American.

11 hours ago, Scott said:

There are budgets set aside for resettling refugees.   It is generally in line with the same benefits given for those on welfare.   There are some additional services -- such as language, job assistance, etc., but the amount of time for benefits is very limited and they are expected to be up, running and working within a short period of time.

The local NGO's who assist in resettlement provide most of the services.  

Refugees, it seems certain, need assistance. Why however does America give money to Russia? The U.S. gives $2.93 million every HOUR for foreign aid:

https://www.nationalpriorities.org/cost-of/foreign-aid/ Oh and let's not forget all the money to Israel etc. How a/b all the money GIVEN for many other things e.g. to Thailand for roads. Syria revolted against it's DICTATOR who was being defeated before the dictator Putin came to Assad's aid. That's the reason for Syrian refugees. 

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Maybe bans will be lifted if x amount "Trump Towers" are built in various countries or a golf course or two. That's all he's about...... $$$$$$$$$$

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

They didnt take him seriously. Then, and even now. He's done more in these 7 days than a crook like Hillary would have achieved. Had she won, she'd be on the phone right about now to all the CEOs who bankrolled her, asking them for their wish list.

You mean like drastically reducing taxes on the wealthy, drastically reducing corporate taxes, slashing the funding of the EPA, getting rid of restrictions on hedge funds and big banks so they can gamble the world into another financial crisis?  Let's all give thanks she wasn't elected so those things can't happen...oh wait.

Edited by ilostmypassword

7 hours ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

Trump has business interests in Pakistan too?

He could be up to something. 

'Terrific guy, fantastic country': Trump heaps praise on Pakistan's leader.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/01/terrific-guy-fantastic-country-trump-pakistan-nawaz-sharif

Here is a list of country´s he have businesses in.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/tracking-trumps-web-of-conflicts/

4 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

I 'd  prefer to have my eyes opened by his performance over 4 years than by reading a book written by journalists from the leftist Washington Post, PRIOR to being elected President, Including back as far as his childhood!!!.

Journalists' conduct during his campaign was scandalous, so holding them Up as people who may give a half decent or balanced view Is naive at best.

See me In a few years when an assessment can be reliably made.

You mean we shouldn't believe him about the things he says he's going to do? Because if we do believe him, he's given us plenty to assess already.

17 minutes ago, lungmi said:

Future of the US: Brain draining , the Boss cannot accept that he his the only one with a drained brain.

Some facts  about innovations made by immigrants in the western world: (manager magazine, Der Spiegel)

Erfindert.PNG

Steve Jobs father Abdul Fattah Jandali came from Syria.